17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I don't care about the looks of the place, its not my house, its a place to watch a game. I care about the design and amount of escalators, the lack of bathrooms and the distance from my seat to the field. And of course we are 2-2 at home

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well said. I have NEVER sat in my seat in all those years at Giants Stadium and given that stadium more than 2 seconds of thought. Red and Blue? Who gives a shit if it was pink. The food? Likewise. We eat in the parking lot... it's half the fun... and we're full when we go in. Lounges? We drank more than our share in, again, the parking lot... maybe buy a couple of beers real quick during the game. Not interested in hanging out indoors, especially a lounge.

It was easy in, easy out. Escalator straight down and you're on the pavement in under 60 seconds. People parked where they wanted to, not where they were pre-designated and mandated. Bathrooms were ample... again... a place to relieve yourself and get quickly back outside again, not stand around waiting and missing the action while dodging oncoming, totally unruly mobs of directionless people.

1.6 billion dollars has been pissed away on something no one wanted, no one needed, very few can afford and very few like. It has made the experience worse than it ever was. Worse sightlines, for sure. Further away from the field (at all levels), for sure. More expensive, for sure, especially if you fell for a PSL. And worse, dare I say: we've all actually lost something in the process.

Even the Jets organization and their players have lost something with all this pompous nonsense. They lost a loud, rocking stadium with old-time fans who still went in the worst of heartbreaking, losing seasons and the worst of weather and still stuck it out, insisting and dragging their families even though it was far easier to leave your seat empty that day. That's not going to happen again anytiime soon, I'm afraid. Not with this fickle, amenity-driven, luxury-loving, lounge-seeking, can't-stand-to-get-a-little-wet even "new generation" who loves this ugly, expensive, only-for-the wealthiest monstrosity.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Very true. For the money and all the hot air, you'd think it'd be something other than what it basically was before. For us its the same (banner cover) but for the Giants it's worse. They never had to drape their colors over anything before.

Just pads that fit into channels that could be replaced or flipped over each game would be better than this. That pads could have team graphics on them, depicting player images, etc. as some baseball stadiums have on their OF walls.

Mad Backer mentioned the outside lights - they suck, don't they? Even at night games they are not strong. I really expected a green glowing night time exterior. It's not like that at all.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

See you all Sunday.. All you complaining MOFOs....

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New stadium and all!!!

5. sg3

sg3 Banned

I take the train back and forth every game

and it works fine

leave at the end of the game and the wait to board a train is never more than 8 minutes. Three times there was a Penn Station bound train waiting at Secaucus and the other time I had to wait 2 minutes.

It seems the ones who do the most reporting about the problems are the ones who observe the station at the stadium on the long walk to their cars before fighting their ways through the traffic jam to exit the stadium and then the traffic jam to get on the turnpike or some other road followed by the traffic jam and various bridges to get home from the game.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Living well is the best revenge, right sq3?

7. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Eventually, once a few years pass and the Jets have played some quality football, we'll forget about the little nuances of the stadium that bother us now and remember the great games. Soon enough.

8. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Unless NYC obtains rail cars with pantographs to take electricity from the overhead wires there is no way that can be done. Diesels are not allow in the tunnel between NY & NJ cause the tunnels have no fans to exit the toxic fumes that are emitted by the diesels. At present the #7 trains use a third rail (hot shoe) to pick up the electricity to make the train go & there are no 3rd rails installed in the tunnel or in NJ :jets:

9. championjets69

C'mon now U realize that the stadium was built to make Woody & the NYGs owners tons of money not to take into account Joe Fan or have the slightest concerns for Joe Fans needs :jets:

10. championjets69

Until they win a SB or 2 nobody will forget anything about the new stadium :jets:

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Hahahahaha.... I think you're right, Champ. Winning cures all. Right now everything is peachy keen. In fact, we're going to the Superbowl this year. Have you heard?

"$10,000 for a PSL? A mere pittance. $240 for one ticket after I buy your PSL? No problem. Hey, we're winning dude. I don't care what it costs. These seats are terrific, Sanchez is outrageous, Rex Ryan walks on water and... oh, by the way... did I mention... we're winning?"

No price is too much right now. But you and I and 314 and Seafood and Junc and many, many others on this board remember the lean years. The 3-13 years. Wait until we get a run on that again. Even with a brand new stadium and a winning season, it's like pulling eye teeth to get the crowd to get into it, make noise and actually be in their seats at kickoff. Stay until the finish? Well, that's a little too much to ask... I've got a train to catch, you know.

But my point is, the real test for this stadium and all these high-dollar, hoity-toity, grey-poupon slurping, bed-wetting little fair weather fans is going to be when we're 2-8 and it's 35 degrees out with a Nor 'Easter blowin' rain at 45MPH. Then we get to see how great this stadium is to be at and who turns out to root for their "favorite NY team."

12. Gator

Gator Active Member

Wouldn't that suck to get beat up by one of them :)

#10872 Gator, Nov 19, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  13. championjets69

Well that is what they say that winning cures all ills. So we will see if they win a holy grail or 2. Until then we will never know for sure.

Certainly I see we are 7-2 with probably our biggest game coming up in a few weeks. If we win that one maybe I will begin to buy into the SB hype. Until then I will just enjoy the winning which is far better then all those lean years you mentioned

I also agree what you said about the old M/land stadium. I never cared it was called Giants Stadium because when we played there to me at least it was Jets Stadium. Maybe that comes because the NYJs never had there own stadium 1st the Polo Grounds, then Shea, then the NYGs stadium & now they only own half a stadium & whenever they want to do something to change the stadium they have to ask there partners approval. Naturally that also hold true on the NYGs side.

Next year I will hopefully experience the stadium live & in person & see 1st hand what it like to have the actual game experience at the new M/lands stadium

:jets:

14. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

That is the point. The NEW TUNNEL would allow them to run standard subway cars under the Hudson.

Of course, they would probably screw it up and forget electrify it.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 --excellent posts once again. I am enjoying this season, I am not buying the Superbowl hype, just taking them one game at a time--that said I am ONE AND DONE! My buddy was just having this conversation with me today while we discussed Sundays tailgate menue and he echoed my thoughts--he is giving up his 4 next year also. If you think the JETS are having trouble selling the seats now ,wait until next year because it is going to be a mass exodus in the upper deck! I have made many new friends in my section and many are saying that they HATE the new place and being so far away from the action,along with the parking fiasco and the escelators, the screwed up bathrooms, the nite games that make it impossible to bring the kids and so on. As I said I am enjoying this season as I love Football and I bleed green,,,,all this said, they could offer me first row in the upper bowl on the 50 yard line next year,,,hell they could even throw in a free green parking pass and 2 free preseason games and hell a flight crew lap dance and I will tell them NO THANKS---------I am ONE AND DONE quote me

16. baamf

baamf Active Member

You crack me up 227.

Missed almost the entire 2nd quarter yesterday trying to take a leak; absolutely insane.... At least I was still in my seat for the game winner!!!

17. championjets69

What new tunnel I was of the impression the NJ gov nixed it? :jets:

18. bbombers1985

bbombers1985 Active Member

Hope no one reads this the wrong way and as a jinx, I'm just merely asking the question..

When do you guys think the Jets will bill us for potential home playoff games (fingers crossed)?

Again, not jinxing, just asking.

Hope I don't get killed too badly for asking this.

19. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

Anybody on this board ever go to the suites? I'm sure they are really nice, but what did you like or didn't like?

20. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

You are correct about the NJ Gov ditching the tunnel. Allegedly, NYC wants to take the money the feds were going to give to NJ and to use the money to build a subway tunnel of their own.

Considering the rapid pace of building the subway under the East Side of Manhattan, I would expect the tunnel to be complete in 2125. I figure NYC will take the money, spend it on something else, and blame some dead guy for the cost overruns.