17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i came on here last night specifically to see what people had to say or thought about that situation yesterday.

i only heard what was on the game when they were explaining why they were going to the san fran game. sounded pretty scary. well hopefully someone who was there can chime in about what happened in the stands when it occurred.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They should've left the lights out, that stupid play by Eli has to be one of the dumber things I've seen in a NFL game.

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was there, and it was crazy the second time when ALL lights went out. It was only for about five seconds, but I mean TOTAL darkness. With the brightness of the lights (when they are on) your eyes can't adjust quick enough so it was so dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Nutty.

They are quick to point out today that it was a transformer issue outside of the stadium, but of course they'd say that. We'll have to see what the deal was. Whatever the case, I know of no other stadium that had this happen and this was in good weather. Something's not right here...

What a stadium! Love to see it happen again during the SB in 2014. They were lucky that play was stopped at the time. Can you imagine?

4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

wow i didnt realize it was a complete and total power failure. they mentioned that there were players who hit the ground when it happened. if it was dark like that i dont blame them. that has got to scare the bejesus out of you!

my god could you imagine if they were out for longer, imagine that place with 10 minutes of complete darkness. wow.

it would officially become the new mausoleum stadium!!! scary stuff.

5. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

yea at first the lights in the Verizon or metlife corner i believe went out.then felix jones scored his touchdown. and then after the kickoff the entire stadium blacked out.the players all sat down on the field.im assuming like any job they are trained in the event of a black out is to just sit down and wait for instructions.

sorta like fire drills for NFL players

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm surprised there weren't any murders in the stands. Those Giants fans must have been pissed, hahahah!!!

7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I listened to Francesa today for a short while because I was in my car and it beats listening to the news. So some guy must have called up and complained about the new stadium, and then a second caller (a Giants fan) calls up to chime in and trashes the stadium while I'm listening.

This Giants fan claims he's been going to Giants games for over 50 years and this stadium is a huge disappointment to him. He paid four $5,000 PSLs (20 Large) for what the Giants call "Loge" seats... Upper Deck 1st 4 Rows. This is what the Jets call Upper Deck Prime and there's no PSL with us for those seats or any other seats in the Uppers.

So the poor bastard paid through the ass for these 4 Giants PSL seats way up in the ionospere and now he says there's a line 150' long to get into the men's room. And the escalator to get to and out of the Upper Deck was a "nightmare." The guy was really disappointed in the new stadium. Parking is totally inconvenient for him too, so it sounds like the Giants are fucking their Upper Deckers as bad as the Jets are (worse if you build in the PSL that you're locked into).

So Francesa is all over this and telling Minko to go do research to find out who designed and built the new stadium. "I mean, waitesekent. Waitesekent... Dis can't be de foyst stadium deese guys built. How do you skwew up a new 1.8 billion-dollah stadium? Mink... find out who da desinahs and buildahs ah on dis stadium. I can't believe you can spend dat much money and you can't get it right."

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

1.6 Billion sure doesn't go as far as it used to

[​IMG]

9. Gator

Gator Active Member

Judging from the amount of cement at that place, you gotta figure the .6 went straight to the mob.

10. Section 227. Row 5

It's like the Giants fan caller that Mike had the other day said, "This place was built for the elite rich. The Club areas are very nice, but the dropoff from that for the average fan is very steep. All the money went into the Club areas, lounges and restaurants."

I challenge anyone to show me a stadium that cost 1.6 Billion and is as poorly designed and unaccomodating for the average Joe as this one. You can't do it, because it doesn't exist. My point is, for 1.6 billion, this place should have been a lot more convenient and accomodating FOR ALL who attend.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

NYC is proposing to replace the failed ARC tunnel with an expansion of the 7-train into New Jersey. So the 7 train would go all the way to Secaucus Junciton. That would be great for people living in Queens, take the 7 to Secaucus and get on the meadowlands train to Jets Stadium. Way better than having to transfer at Penn or Hoboken

12. MadBacker Prime

I think it being shared by two teams really hurts the design factor. It would've been great to have Jet related structures built into it. The more I sit in their and walk through it the more I realize how bland it really is.

They should've at least done some city scape design, something like the Tampa pirate Thingy.

Some kind of a design to liven it up, it's just a big grey warehouse.

13. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

Wasn't there but there was a big brawl in the Upper Deck. Lot's of blood, I feel bad for the Jets Season ticket holder that owns those seats. Hope they did a good job cleaning up before the Texans game. The video is on Youtube.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I've heard it described as looking like a huge AC unit.

The one outside of my house does kind of look like that.

15. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Big grey warehouse beats red and blue Giants Stadium- that's about the only thing I like about the new Stadium.

16. MadBacker Prime

Yeah true, but for $1.6 Billion it would've nice to have some personalization.

Even the lights they amped up so much aren't even that great, you can barely notice them.

I was told for night games the whole interior would be lit up green and white, kind of like the Jets Shop at the stadium.

17. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

1.6 billion and we have green banners and the giants haveblue banners hanging over the grey walls.why not padding with velcro???? the banners look cheap and move about.
    just terrible

18. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

I think that will be ready in time for Giants Stadium III.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

hahaha.. good point.

20. Section 227. Row 5

We haven't heard much from mass transit commuters who've been using the train to get to and from the New Mausoleum Stadium, but from the looks of that singular, rinky-dink platform they have set up in front, it looks somewhat inadequate to me. It just looks small, IMO, to handle any volume.

Additionally, they've used cattlecar railings along it to channel everyone to the singular set of steps at the end of the platform (closer to the tunnel entrance) instead of allowing people to just disembark or go up at various points along the platform. So, in Disney fashion, they force logjams to get onto and off of the platform.

I'd be interested in hearing experiences from those who go to the games via the train. Is it difficult during peak load times? It must be, because the only steps are about 12' wide and have to accomodate, say, 18,000 people. After the game it must be brutal, unless you leave your seat with 6 minutes on the clock, always a fun thing to do and probably the most puzzling fan exit for the players on the field to witness. I've heard that if you don't get up and leave early, the logjam at that platform is unreal.

Just another fuckup. And I still don't understand why, if they have so many using the train now, that an easier parking situation can't be worked out for Upper Deckers. There are going to be MUCHO One-And-Done guys this spring if they don't get some relief out there for the parking. There's no reason why Yellow and Green should have plenty of empty spaces while the Orange Lot Outcasts have to be hassled unmercifully and grovel endlessly for a spot 2 miles from the stadium.