I am sick and tired....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSJETSJETS17, Nov 14, 2010.

1. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

of people calling these last 2 wins "lucky".

It's not luck. It's called heart and determination. Grind out 60 minutes and leave nothing on the table and things are bound to go your way. Bottom line is that these 2010 Jets never give up. The only lucky ones are us fans, as we are witnessing the true meaning on the word TEAM.

On the road, Down 10 points with 2:46 to play. Did I honestly think there was a chance for the win? No. But the New York Jets did.

On the road, with under 1 minute left in OT when it felt like absolutely nothing was going our way. Did I think we could squeak another W out? Eh, Not really.But the New York Jets did.

One play that sums up how much this team cares - J Co's unbelievable grab AFTER he pulled his groin - how many players would have immediately dropped to the ground in pain and said the hell with running the rest of the route??

Goddamn it feels good to be a Jets fan!

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I don't care what people call us as long as the result is a win.

At least, we aren't cheaters. *cough* Belicheat *cough*

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

Lucky schmucky.

7-2. Everyone else can eat a dick

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

Jacksonville jags are the definition of lucky

5. cambam71

cambam71 Member

I think it just makes us that much better when we finally start playing up to our potential. We already know how to win the close ones.

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

it sucks hearing that shit all day...especially when you hear the same people say "every superbowl team needs luck, and alot of it."

7. GA Jets

GA Jets New Member

I guess that we were lucky that our kicker missed 3 FG's! We were not lucky this game, we were resilient!

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

We're lucky that we're extremely talented and awesome at drafting, signing players and picking our coach staff

9. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

People can say what they want, luck doesnt carry a team to 7-2.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Thankfully the Patriots weren't so lucky last week when they got smoked by the Browns.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The game was tied 24-24 when they won with the Hail Mary. It is not like they were down 27-24 and then won.
    If the HM didn't work, then they may have won in OT.
    I don't call successful Hail Marys lucky plays anyway.

12. Clayture

Clayture Member

God bleeds green this year. We are Blessed and have Revis Christ in our midst.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I could care less what other people think about the Jets....it's about winning...and that's what this team brings to the table....whether it's a blowout or a close game.

Thanks again, Tanny....for bringing in Rex Ryan.

14. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Today, we weren't close to being lucky. We moved the ball at will against the Browns and overcame three missed field goals to (including one in overtime and one to cap off a 9 minute drive that is tied for the longest drive of the season in the NFL) win. We dominated the time of possession and outgained Cleveland badly from the line of scrimmage. We won, they lost. There is nothing more to be said.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that 10 minute drive to start the 3rd quarter was a thing of beauty....too bad it resulted in a missed FG....but that's how the offense should be operating.....long steady drives....continually moving the chains.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I said it last week, and I'll say it again. The New York Jets are the only team in the NFL to have a chance to win every single game they've been in. Have they been dominant through every win? Absolutely not, but the NFL is all about being in a position to win games, and no team in the NFL has done that better than the Jets.

17. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I agree. I was furious when Folk missed that kick. I was virtually inconsolable.

18. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

They really haven't looked great in the last 4 games. However 3 of those games were on the road. I defy anyone to find a gimme on the schedule that is a road game for any team.

Nothing for nothing yes this game went into overtime but the Jets were the better team today. If Folk wasn't so crappy this game doesn't get to overtime.

The Jets still have to get rid of the shitty penalties. Thankfully the D was clutch in overtime after a 4th quarter brainfart.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

The Jets' success on the road is coming in under the radar, IMO......The last team that had this kind of success on the road...was the Giants in 2007, when they won the SB.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

In that case every SB winner is lucky, and every HOFer is lucky.