Braylon needs to pipe down

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BroadwayAaron, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Clown

Clown New Member

Its funny, Braylon has every right to get mad after this game and he holds it back very well. Sarcastic or not he handled it well, im noticing any game that we do well in and dominate an opponent we have keller and braylon get good chances and looks.

Recently after santonio holmes got involved I cant help but think that the team is trying to force balls more his way, no clue why they were forcing to cotchery so much last game though (maybe he was open) but we need to stop steering away from our bread and butter plays.. which is running and big plays from keller and braylon to give sparks.

Santonio holmes to me is more of a slasher type of wide reciver that you can use when your in a rythym and can afford a possible drop (not sure when that will be with the jets, lol)... Or since he is clutch he is also an option in situations that you just need a miracle late in the game.

I know, i know, im not a coach but I just feel we should build our drives on whats been working... no disrespect to Cotch or holmes.

(I feel sorry for Cotch though, he has been building up the rep of surehandedness, and almost ruined it in one game, hope he has a dominant game soon)

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, Im not sure how Jets handle this situation now. Maybe bench him for a couple of games and ask him to take a pay cut, then ask him to apologize to Woody for no reason in a press conference. While he's at it, maybe ask him to clean up after Rexy.

3. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

lol@calling that "acting like a primadonna"
    seriously. guy was asked a question. he answered.
    stop attaching your personal spin to it.

4. Clown

Clown New Member

Dude.. U STFU!

ok?

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Wow...your posts are becoming terrible by the day.

6. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

You're right. This has absolutely everything to do with the fact that he decided to drink and drive over a month ago. I never thought of it that way.

7. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

I agree that Edwards and Keller should've been targeted a few more times, but lets not completely frown on Cotchery and Holmes.

Cotchery caught 3 nice first down passes, 1 being for 49 yards into Green Bay territory. Wasn't his fault they couldn't finish the drive with a TD. Heck, that's the drive where they missed the FG. Was that his fault too?

Holmes also had a couple nice First down catches.

They both dropped a couple key throws, but they both had some nice plays as well.

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

yes and no.

You throw to who is open. And those two were open and they have to make the plays when the ball is thrown to them. They also have to hold on to the fucking thing.

Those calls are unfair, but how about a receiver fighting for it? I'm not going to blame an official when I can equally blame Cotch or Keller for giving up on the fight.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

His comments are fine and Im glad hes upset because he fucking should be. Yesterday was terrible and our players know it and know that they have to fix this.

As far as the drinking and driving goes people need to get the fuck over it. People drink and drive every day and if your going to tell me that he is the only player on the Jets to drink and drive this season then your nuts. Hes just the only one who got caught.

10. Modern Day Jesus

Modern Day Jesus New Member

I commend him for the assumed sarcasm. Braylon Edwards is arguably the best offensive weapon we have right now and there's no reason for him having fewer targets than anyone else including our RB.

Hopefully Schottenheimer is aware of these words and keeps them in mind when he's calling the game next week.

11. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

he was the only one on the offense that was making plays , that shoe string catch he had was unbelievable. I would be pissed too

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

He should be kinda annoyed, we throw 38 times and only target Edwards 4?

13. Clown

Clown New Member

I agree, this guy Braylon should not be neglected at all.

Most bashed him coming from the Browns for dropping balls and being a primadonna and what not. Then the fucking alchohol stuff. Not once have we ever heard him complain to sanchez about touches or the offense being a ground and pound. Dude is a fucking team player, cotchery and keller too. The only person that scares me is santonio holmes and thats only when he went to shotty and said that "he wants the ball" or was it to sanchez.

I havnt heard that since keyshawn johnson, dont want to hear that again cause Santonio is a beast.

Anyway I think this game we will go back to our run and warm up the pass with LT, keller and Braylon again... adn then move to cotch and santonio and everyone else.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

^Not entirely true, he was a lil critical of the playcalling in the AFC title game.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's nothing but a well played troll, don't let him bother ya.

16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree to an extent, Cotch has always been stellar year in and year out, he had a stinker it happens, but this year something hasn't been right with him, I can't really pin point what it is

This year and I've said it before, Braylon and Keller NEED to be options 1a and 1b for this offense to move the chains, Sanchez has the best chemistry with these guys, they are the ones that should be targeted the most, along with LT in the backfield

17. Clown

Clown New Member

hmm.. forgot that, but i think everyone was critical after losing so close to the superbowl... except coleman/lowery and lito shep

#37 Clown, Nov 1, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  18. jco2007

jco2007 Active Member

I don't necessarily think anything has been 'wrong with him', he just hasn't been targeted as much. Keller and Braylon were the go to guys the first few games.

Sure, he had some drops against the Packers, but he had some nice catches too. Tip toed the sidelines for a 1st down....caught a 49 yard pass in the middle of the field all the way to GB's 28 yardline. Caught a rocket that Sanchez threw right off his break for a 1st down.

Even the drops weren't as bad as people are making them out to be. We just aren't used to Cotch dropping anything at all. The one on the sideline he should have caught for sure. Another one was throw in the ground by Sanchez, the ball got absolutely drilled out of his hands on that big play over the middle and he was covered by 2-3 guys in a jump-ball in the endzone.

19. Clown

Clown New Member

No NO No, he needs to catch every BALL!!!

20. skeleton_frames

Exactly. And I am totally fine with it. I like a guy who wants the ball when it counts. He was wide open and Sanchez missed him. That's fine, it happens. I think that his sarcasm is totally fine in this case. I like a guy who wants to be the go to guy.