Kill the quarterback......rex?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by joe, Oct 31, 2010.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I'M goin to get killed for this one------fine by me. Bring it:

The New York Jet DO NOT HAVE A PASS RUSH that SCARES the opponent.

Yes, GB scored "9" points, but what real Jet (football) fan didn't have their heart in their mouth watching the NUMEROUS Green Bay long throws "just missing " off Jenning's hands?

Put this way:

Did Aaron Rogers look uncomfortable ..... sitting ..... sitting ...sitting..in the pocket?

I've said this before and I'll say it's again: given the NFL's QB-friendly landscape, give me the '85 Bears pass rush and/or the Ravens 2001 kill-the-quarterback mentality. Jim Leonard and Drew Coleman getting 'clipped' on the wing ain't getting it done......."stats" aside.

Beyond limiting teams to "9" points.....getting a QB to nervous/panic gets a "D" some cheap points.

Stop putting REAL (no gimmick) pass rush on the heels of a 180-lb. DB......pleeze.....

Kill the quarterback, plain and simple. "Time and distance" removed.

#1 joe, Oct 31, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2010
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Rodgers: 15/34 170yds 59.7 rating

/thread

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

But he looked comfortable!

4. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

So, when the Jets send 7 and the qb gets it off on some hot route, we all bitch about how the Jets need to stop being so predictable and sending everyone on the blitz, but when we stay back in coverage, we bitch about how we have no rush? Hmmmm sounds a whole lot like a lose-lose whining situation.

5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

defense

Please, the defense was fine. Score some points!

6. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Some really good QB's seem to always "just miss" against the Jets. Wonder why that is?

7. jetsandtheunder

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Rogers took some shots today... I was surprised to see him get up after Harris destroyed him.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

what do you want rex to do? we dont have a sack machine on our defense. do you want rex to build a robot or something?

yes give me the 85 bears pass rush, or the 2001 ravens pass rush too. sure thank you. please give me that defense...

i really dont understand.

you can blame our little shitty dbacks for making Rodgers throw the ball too early.

10. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Danny Woodhead would've had seven sacks.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

He looked pretty uncomfortable when David Harris buried him into the turf. Then he looked pretty uncomfortable limping around the rest of the game.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

jets didnt make him limp earlier in the game. that isnt good enough for the OP.

13. Ao11111

Ao11111 New Member

Seems like theres so much pressure on Rex Ryan into turning this Jets defense into a miracle defense filled with hall of famers. His father built the 85 bears defense, not Rex. Marvin Lewis and Ray Lewis built the Ravens defense of the past decade, not Rex. Way too much pressure being put on Rex.

14. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

We need to send the four horsemen of the apocalypse at the quarterback... and if that doesn't work draft Von Miller.

15. milo

milo Well-Known Member

What's so unrealistic about demanding that we have the greatest defense in the history of the NFL week in and week out from now until the end of time??

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

I think the OP is mad that Rex didn't blitz Rodgers himself. I mean, imagine getting sacked by Rex?

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

The Jets do need to draft a legit pass rusher. They don't have the ability to fall back into coverage AND pressure the QB. Heck on many of their all out blitzes they still can't get to the QB.

18. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

great post!!...finally someone willing to admit we have no pass rushers on the line!...pass rusher (clay matthews, dwight freeney, jared allen)....guys that teams are afraid of...we do not have this...our defense is average at best....and im going to catch heat for this and ive been a huge sanchez advocate in hopes to see improvement but i dont think he has the arm to throw in the winds of the meadowlands...the 2 picks today were bullshit but he couldve potentially thrown 4-5 picks again this game...yes were 5-2...but we could just as easily be 3-4

19. Sharpe84

Sharpe84 New Member

How is your defense average at best? Yes the Packers are missing key players on offense, but we've been missing them for most of the season and have still functioned pretty well. I've never seen the Packers offense shut down like this. Perception is a funny thing, because I came away from this game thinking it's been a long time since I've seen a team with this strong of a defense.

20. 624

624 Banned

I was out of breath after reading the OP