Two Interceptions/Pereira is a joke

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by crutchfield, Oct 31, 2010.

1. crutchfield

crutchfield Member

From what Periera said on Fox during the game, there was no way the Jets were going to win the challenge on the Cotchery dual possession/interception play. If that is the case, shouldn't the officials inform the coach of this before he wastes a challenge that he cannot win. It also doesn't make any sense that dual possession can't be overturned. Anyone?

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

lol dude the refs don't see the games in slow mo

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Refs blew both calls, they should have never been ruled turnovers in the first place. We can't do anything about it.

All we can do is hope the Vikings defeat the Patriots for now. And hope the Saints beat the Steelers tonight.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's not what he asked... basically from what Perreira said it was essentially an unchallengable play because you can't challenge down by contact or who had possession. It has nothing to do with how they saw it. They ruled it an INT which was a terrible call but there was really nothing the Jets could have challenged which is why they said on the 2nd one even had the Jets had a challenge it was essentially the same play.

5. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

The first one with Cotch was bullshit.. How the fuck was that a turnover? Fuck Pereira..

6. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I think it actually says something about how much Sanchez has developed. Not that I suggest throwing picks is good for any QB, but of his four picks two of them could have easily been called completions

7. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

Both were bs!
    Refs need to err on the side of the offense with potential ties where the receiver and defender go to the ground like that. Then let it go to review if challenged. Those two calls cost the game as much or more than the jets' drops.

8. Barry the Baptist

That's just it... in baseball you always see any HR that is challenged is usually called a HR and then reviewed. I've never seen the officials allow a play to continue like that after both the player catching the ball and the guy making the tackle. They both should have been ruled catches and down by contact as it's quite clear that there was no definitive way to know who had the ball so it is a tie which goes to the WR. The thing is from what I understand if they rule it a catch the Packer's can't challenge because the same rules that cost the Jets a challenge would also apply to the D.

9. MauiJet

MauiJet Member

Yeah looks like a potential rule amendment.
    Btw WTF happened with that 1st down qb sneak Sanchez did after that long reception that set us up for the fourth down incompletion?!

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I don't think I understand the rule. My whole life both of those were catches, and now they're saying that's an INT. Whatever.

The offense was abysmal anyway - that was not why we lost by any means.

11. Barry the Baptist

Not you only but obviously Albert and Moose were quite confused by them. A tie goes to the offense and both players were clearly down by contact.

12. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Fucking pathetic.

I don't know if we would have won if the refs didn't suck as they always do, but they certainly didn't help.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Those were just bad calls. No other way to put it. What sucks is that there was no way to remedy it after they were made.

14. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

From now on, I would teach my D to run over and grab the ball away from every single receiver that hits the ground, on every play... apparently that is now an interception.

15. Barry the Baptist

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Packers get their 2nd FG after the 2nd INT* ? It probably makes no difference but it maybe changes the playcalling later in the game.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Nothing for nothing but the first one who cares. The Jets needed 11 yards on 3rd down, and Sanchez threw a 3 yard slant. Bravo play call there.

17. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I bet he has to do with that retarded going to the ground rule.

18. Barry the Baptist

Bingo... I was so outraged with the terrible call by the officials that it overshadowed the stupid play by the Jets.

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Andy Reid has the Eagles play past the whistle and it results in them recovering a lot of "fumbles." Your philosophy is sound for winning, and it flies in the face of the rules. I smell a rule change afoot!

20. cloudb2000

cloudb2000 Member

Sometimes I wonder if the games are fixed. How do the Jets get all of those flags and the Packers get hardly any. There were so many holding plays in this game and also the two fumbles, that was total bullshit. The ref looked like he did not even want to challenge it. I just watch the Pats game and the Pats took out Farve with a bad hit and no flag. The games are decided by refs who see what they want and then the say that they made a mistake later but the outcome of the game is finished. the Vikings spoke up against the refs last week and the did not get any calls in their favor today too. So everyone can say what they want but it looks like sometimes that the NFL want certain teams to win and others to lose.