Jets vs Packers Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Oct 25, 2010.

1. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

I was worried about the Denver game. This Packer game that Rex and the rest of the coaching staff that has had 2 weeks to prepare for shouldn't be as close even though the Packers are a better team. I'm telling you, people have been overrating this team since the off-season, they are good, not great. Jets win 27-13.

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Line is Jets -6, O/U 42 1/2

3. JohnMexico

JohnMexico New Member

Packers fan here. It's been awhile since the last time I've registered to a visiting board (I think the last was for the Colts in 2008).

I will eventually give you all a lowdown of what is going on with this team, but for now i'll end this post on one note:

INJURIESSSSSSSSSS

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They'd be pretty nasty if they were fully healthy.

5. 624

624 Banned

I'm a huge Sanchez fan....but no way 2010 Mark Sanchez is a better QB than 2010 Aaron Rodgers.

Don't get caught up in stats, watch the games.

Rodgers lost his All-Pro Caliber TE for the season, and his #2 WR was very limited last night....and he lost his #1 RB for the season, making their already mediocre running game nonexistent.

Sanchez has been great this year, and is on pace to pass Rodgers eventually IMO, but Rodgers is currently the better QB.

No denying that.

6. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

Good points you make, MetsFan.

Barring multiple turnovers (which we've been able to avoid thus far this season) or huge mistakes (please, no mindless penalties, a la the Ravens game), I think a victory will depend on the Jets secondary's ability to cover the Packers receivers/passing attack. (PLEASE, Rex... let's not blitz on every 3rd down, especially on 3rd and long. That has burned us more times than not this season.) If we can get to Rogers and disrupt his rhythm and if Shotty mixes things up on O, all the sweeter for us. I think our secondary is due for a "Revis Island"-esque performance.

J!E!T!S! Jets! Jets! Jets!

7. 624

624 Banned

Packers are 4-1 against 4-3 Defenses (26.8 PPG)

0-2 against 3-4 defenses (16.5 PPG)

This means almost almost nothing to me, just saying.

#87 624, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Holy Crap, some Jet fans are still in denial that WE are the team to beat.

Shit, let them pressure Sanchez, he'll just rollout and hit Keller or Edwards wide open. While that's not happening we'll be running it down their throats.

UnfreakinBelievable, Sanchez has a bad game and our fans lose their sacks.

We have every reason to dominate this game, and will dominate this game. Revis is 100%, and I believe it too, going off last games performance. That opens up a lot of new to this season blitz packages.

Jet fans in doubt, SACK UP!!

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I have a lot of confidence in the Jets, but the fact that we are considered one of the NFL's better teams means that all teams will bring their best on every down.

Look at the Broncos, they played like crap before we played them, they got up for us and almost beat us and they are a deflated team now.

I know road games are hard to win, but the Packers are well coached and still have some playmakers on both sides of the ball. They have a chance to win their division especially if they can win the tiebreakers against similar opponents, they have a lot to play for on Sunday.

10. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

So, this reply was a whole lot of nothing and basically agreeing with me?

I didn't say people shouldn't pick the Jets, all I was getting at was we always have the usual the Jets are going to "insert team" destroy this team this week.

It's ridiculous. Remember when we "destroyed" the Broncos? Yeah..people need to come down to earth, get realistic expectations, and learn the nuance's of the game itself so they can apply some actual thought instead of "zomg our line is playing well, LT is back, Revis is 100%, etc."

Only a fool would write off the Packers, where considering our defense right now, their offense is in a favorable matchup (non-running team that throws well against a solid run defense and susceptible pass defense).

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Let's try this instead:

The Packers have played every team extremely close this year. They aren't pushovers and have lost by 7 or less this season in each loss. They have a top 5 QB and a defense that doesn't suck. It's going to be close. It's foolish not to think so. If it's a blowout, then the low percentage outcome has happened.

I'm confident in a win, I'm just going to write off a team that plays everyone tough.

They might be flat after an emotional win, but it doesn't seem likely.

12. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

jets need to establish the running game early and keep rodgers off the field

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Lol not to drag this thread down....but which idiot Jets fan said Sanchez is better than Rodgers, right now?

14. 624

624 Banned

I agree that it's ridiculous to assume we will destroy Green Bay....but I have a feeling our Pass D is going to be back to completely shutting teams down.

We showed glimpses late in the Denver game of it being back...and Revis is now at 100%.

We lead the league by far in completion %...it's only a matter of time before everything clicks.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I normally agree with you Mick. I fully expect to rollover the Packers.

Just like we've said this year, good teams just find a way to win, they haven't. I believe they have a good team, they play in a very mediocre NFC and have not looked impressive. Well against the Bills that did but a nursing home team could beat the Bills.

Only way we lose this game is if we beat ourselves, only way it's close is if we don't execute our gameplan. I see no reason why we can't though.

16. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

You can't use this common game theory and wrap it up in a neat little math formula bow.

The Jets lost to the Ravens and trounced the Bills. It would stand to reason the Ravens would obliterate the Bills. How did that work out?

The NFL isn't the Pythagoras theorem.

Just like we had a couple of jackasses (Jets fans) in the Week 7 game thread worried that Oakland killed Denver and the Jets didn't.

So Omg the Jets must be worse than Oakland. Wtf is it with stupidity like that? Like that one game had anything to do with other.

#96 Miamipuck, Oct 25, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  17. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jets next 5 opponents have a combined 13-19 record.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

If we kept Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Danny Woodhead, Chauncy Washington and Kerry Rhodes MAYBE WE WOULD HAVE KILLED THEM LIKE OAKLAND. GET A CLUE BUDDY!!!1

19. Trifco

Trifco New Member

You most be kidding, right?
    There's no way we can do that as long as those busts of McKnight, Wilson and Ducasse are wasting roster space.

20. Green&Gold

Green&Gold New Member

I'm still waiting to see if Al Harris and Atari Bigby will finally make their season debuts and how effective they'll be. Finally get that best secondary's in the game matchup we've all been waiting for.