Cablevision vs. FOX

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Oct 19, 2010.

1. steves850

steves850 Active Member

I had that happened to and got rid of it. Then I moved and got it again, its been perfect ever since. I think the new dishes have made huge improvements in reception.

2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

They are asking for much more because their ratings, compared to the others, are through the roof. Add to that they have/had the playoffs the World Series etc. ABC had the grammys and it was resolved 7 minutes into the show I believe.

One thing, the only thing, Dolan is good at is lawyers and bringing others down. He is the best. Not sure who is right or wrong...but put on channel 5 and listen to the chick announcing cablevisions view and you would buy a gun and try to kill network executives at Fox....thats how good they are at propaganda. He single handedly took down the stadium efforts the Jets had in Manhattan.

He cant put a decent team on the court or ice but he is a master at fucking people....that alone makes me root for Fox.

#42 jaywayne12, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

francessa was actually very good with the guy from fox today. he hit him and kept hitting him.

fox is the real scumbags here, the broadcasters used to make all their money off of advertising, well they arent making nearly as much as they used to. so now they are getting retransmit fees as well as advertising.

they are getting paid on both ends, they charge cablevision/comcast/dish/enter any cable or satellite company a fee monthly for EVERY home connected to the cable service. they may be asking for .50 cents per sub, they may be asking for 2 bucks per sub i dont have any idea what it is but times that by what 3 million homes that cablevision services EVERY month on top of the advertising dollars that used to pay all the bills.

that cost is passed onto the customers, when your cable or satellite bill goes up this year thank fox and all of the other broadcasters that are continually raising the stakes higher and higher and higher. granted if fox asks for 50 cents i am sure cablevision charges everyone 1 dollar.

the networks typically have the cable/satellite cos by the balls because there are choices and directv and dish are still looking for market share and will pay the price to get the subscriber.

people are beginning to see what is actually going on instead of just seeing the information given to them by the broadcasters which paints the cable/satellite company as the bad guys.

4. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Screw Cablevision. Thier internet service was befond slow, it even shut down completely at times due to lack of bandwidth. i called them and got lip service.

Then... I call to cancel to switch to Verizon. NOW they want to cut my bill in half. Whaaaaat? They cut my bill in HALF? So, I was getting raped all along. Just pissed me off even more. now they send these sales people around who damn near break and enter when I answer the door.

I try to be polite... they won't take 10 NO's for an answer. Finally, I shout the guy down, say thanks and close the door. The fucker starts banging on the door now. I open it, he's almost screaming at me. This didn't happen just once... THREE times. I won't even buy a Newsday, it's owned by the Dolans.

I hope the Fox thing costs Cablevision half of it's subscibers. Remember when the Dolans would not let the reporters on channel 12 wear USA flag ribbons after 9-11? The Dolans can all go to hell.

5. no psls

no psls Banned

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What I would give to drop all of those fucking shopping channels from my Direct TV. I have like 200 channels and I maybe watch a quarter of them and that includes suffering through some of the crap my 3 year old watches.

I hate all the paid programming late at night too. It's all BS. Remember when they all would have programming 24 hours? Essentially everything after midnight switches to paid programming and it pisses me off to no end. If all these stations are only showing actual programming 18 hours a day then I should only pay for 18 hours a day of programming. They have these paid bullshit shows for Extenze and that "miracle" acne remover to pay for the other 6.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It's just amazing at how many fools here take Fox's side in this. It's not a cablevision issue, they have already done the same thing to Time Warner and Dish Network. When the contracts expire they will do the same to FIOS and DirectTV. Keep backing them and all the other networks doing the same thing and then wince when your cable bill becomes $500 a month.

8. HOI

HOI Active Member

Just switched to FIOS. They actually came to my door and gave me a great deal. They are installing tomorrow. EAT SHIT CABLEVISION!!

9. Don

How many year contract did you have to sign and how much are they charging you to install it? Oh, and how much extra are they charging you for HD channels?

10. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Fios isn't available in my area because apparently Cablevision has some kind of lock down on the town of brookhaven.......

For people who have directv hows the picture and reception??? I dont think I'd be able to handle a shitty picture because of rain.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Fox sucks. F those cakeholes.

12. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Live stream from your seats! Imagine that?

13. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

There is no contract now. I got TV, internet and phone with a DVR and 2 HD boxes for $105 a month and that price is locked in for 2 years. And if i choose to cancel service, there is no termination fee. Fios Rocks

14. Don

That is better than what it used to be, long contracts and high prices. Not sure it rocks though. They must have had new subscriptions dry up with their previous predatory practices. I guess that's when they started sending salesmen door to door.

15. FazeOne17

FazeOne17 Active Member

Honestly, the only problem I had was that it took around 6 hours for them to install it. Other than that, its been 4 months, and i have absolutely nothing to complain about. Internet is pretty fast and they have twice as many HD channels as cable.

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Cablevision sends a "salesman" to my house about every 6 months, and they as I mentioned, are beyond aggressive, they are downright beligerent. When they leave they are visably irate, and I watch them to see if they vandalize anything as they go.

Verizon sent salepeople around when my area first got hooked up, I haven't seen any since.

Oh, and yes, Verizon rocks.

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I have DirecTV, they saves me da money so I jumps in it.

My friend came over Saturday and Sunday nights, he's a Phillies fan and has Cablevision. Green Bay is the one game I'm not going to, but I will have it on TV. If only my tickets would sell on StubHub now I'd be in business.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

It's not the Antenna that would be built in, it's the tuner...

Look up your model and see if it has a built in ATSC tuner.
    IF YES
    Get a $10 antenna, plug it in and see Crisper than cable HD.

and ftr,
    I have been telling people about how bad the Dolans and cablevision were for YEARS.
    I worked @ the WIZ 10 years ago and was already warning people.

#58 Royal Tee, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

:rofl: Dude, I almost snarfed my drink when I read that. Not to laugh but it's so true. They're really way over the top.

20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

LOL Paid programming is such garbage. I agree way too many channels of pure BS. The day that all these cable monopolies go down will be a good day.