This is an impressive win, NOT and ugly win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

When Holmes came back, I felt like the Jets would take a step back in order to take 2 steps forward. The offense was clicking on all fronts before Week 5 and has not been as impressive the last few weeks. Holmes threw off the chemistry and rhythm a little bit when he rejoined the team (it's not a bad thing, it was just necessary growing pains). The upside is that the Jets managed to get 2 victories during these games.

The bye week allows Holmes to get completely comfortable and for the Jets offense to become one of the best in the league.

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Horrible game. This wasn't Pittsburgh, Baltimore or NE, it was Denver. The defense is only a shell of what it was last year and I don't know why. Glad the bye is here. Hope they figure it out.

3. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here (that I noticed since I was at the game) was the difficulty and timing of getting in plays to Sanchez. Did they mention it on television?

Multiple times Sanchez looked over to the sidelines with his arms outstretched in the universal "hey, what's goin' on?" signal. There were a few plays in the second half where the play clock was just about to zero when the ball was snapped. On those it was Sanchez not getting the play that caused it. Furthermore, Sanchez was pissed about it after one series and I believe voiced some frustration to Shotty on his way to the bench.

#63 BlairThomas#1, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

3 timeouts were wasted due to offensive incompetence.

I wonder who the finger points to?

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

That's how good we're going to need to be week in week out.

Better than Both of the other teams.

6. Hobbes3259

Which is a fair statement.

But..coming out to Denver on short week is a tall order, Denver is pretty banged up, but after getting mauled last week, they were playing for Pride.

You do know the fable about the lion and the rabbit?

"Other animals laugh at the lion, the lion reluctantly said: "I ran only to a dinner, the rabbit is running to save his own life"

7. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Their own HC called them out on lack of toughness last week. That was a highly motivated team executing a brilliant game plan yesterday, and that we beat them in a total trap game says a lot about the Jets.

8. Hobbes3259

Yup. Even Mooch pointed out that coming out to Denver after a Monday Night Game (MN SUCKS) is a tall order.

9. Kingfish

Kingfish Active Member

Denver has a good team. They will give a lot of teams trouble this year and upset some.

This was a good win.
    :up:

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I think Denver wins its division.

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I'm still pissed Tim fucking Tebow scored a TD on us.

12. Hobbes3259

F*** that.

I hope Tebow scores a 20TD's.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing that little Dbag McD have to contend with a QB controversy.

I can at least respect Belichick. McDaniels just has that look of someone that you'd want to punch out while waiting for a table.

13. ........

........ Trolls

If it's any consolation, all he cares about is winning. I guarantee he was crying after the game.

14. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

Sanchez was not impressive; other than wins in Denver are at a premium and I don't care who you are. He has to hit more than 60% of his passes. Has to.

15. rdc2000

rdc2000 New Member

His first ever NFL touchdown no less..

That said, he looked like a poor mans Brad Smith.

16. UKGangGreen

UKGangGreen Active Member

We're clearly not the finished article. I was surprised by by our inability to run the ball effectively but a win in Denver on a short week is a great result. Let's build up to the playoffs by winning the division and playing our best football in December/January rather than October.

17. sg3

sg3 Banned

WHY ARE THESE JETS DIFFERENT FROM MOST (IF NOT ALL) PREVIOUS VERSIONS

the SOJ of the past have a 1-5 record going into the bye

1) they lose the Ravens game -- so did these Jets 0-1

2) when Randy Moss catches the TD pass to put the Pattycakes up 14-7 near the end of the first half, previous Jets say "Here we go again, fold up their tents and lose by 2 touchdowns 0-2 - THESE JETS TAKE THE SHOT, TAKE COMMAND AND WIN 28-14

3) Similarly when the Dolphins roar back and take the lead at 17-14 --"here we go again. again and the same old story" 0-3, THESE JETS FIGHT BACK AND HOLD THE LEAD IN THE FINAL MINUTE WITH MIAMI INSIDE THE JET 10

4) both versions beat the Bills -- 1-3

5) the Vikings, Brett Favre, blah blah blah --- they make quick work of most other Jets and win easily 1-4 --- NOT THIS TEAM

6) Last night - the Broncos, on the road in noisy Mile High -- we saw this sad story even in our second greatest year in the playoffs of 1998 1-5 -- THESE JETS OVERCOME HORRIFIC OFFICIATING, THE HOLMES FUMBLE, THE OTHER TURNOVERS AND EVERYTHING, TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A BREAK AT THE END, GRAB THE W AND GET ON THE PLANE TO COME HOME

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Actually This was mentioned ad nauseum all week long....
    Actually, there was because he didn't.
    I'm stating facts, you're stating what if's...
    Sorry, Facts trump What if's.

Running a draw from a spread offense is one one thing...Running the ball up the gut not once but twice (which one was for -1 yards ) on consecutive 2nd downs during your 2min drill while down 7 is another....that's all i was pointing out....

that is IF we woulda lost :wink:

#78 Royal Tee, Oct 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010