This is an impressive win, NOT and ugly win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 17, 2010.

1. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

No one mentions that the Bronco D was riddled with injuries. The Jets should have won easy.

2. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

i agree the refs screwed us (and i've never said that before) we lost the turnover battle by 2 and still won

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

The Jets have some mettle this year, that's for sure....

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You said it bud.
    Pathetic officiating and the fact that we certainly weren't on our A game makes this a very impressive win.
    No way we win the last 2 games last season. We are finishing games and finding ways to win as opposed to finding ways to lose.
    I really can't wait to see this team play a complete game in all facets. Should be pretty awesome to watch.:metal:

5. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

There was nothing wrong with either one of those calls. If Tomlinson has busted a 20 yard run there, you wouldn't be saying anything. We had PLENTY of time left on the clock to run the football there.

6. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

That's ridiculous. They're all professionals, and the Broncos obviously have good depth. Denver is a tough place to play. The crowd is unreal. They were able to overcome those conditions, and the fact that they had a short week, a hard game in the pouring rain the week before, and a cross country trip. They gutted out a win in a game they probably shouldn't have won. As the OP said in the start of this thread, they showed their mental toughness this week and today. This really is a team the rest of the league has to look out for.

7. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

wins like these arent bad anyway

I think sometimes certain parts of the team arent working well, you need to figure out how to make adjustments and get up the willpower stronger than the other team to be able to pull through. Wins like these show that the team is serious.

The pats dominated the league in 07 and blew out every game and didnt even win the super bowl

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

That's a pretty big double standard...people on this website have consistently blamed Jets losses on injuries in the past, and the excuse is perfectly valid for a beaten up Denver team.

This was both an ugly win and an impressive one. Sure, we had to overcome a ton of adversity, but we also played the ugliest football that we've seen since week 1.

9. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I saw that too! They were laughing like they had it wrapped up. I don't think they're laughing now. lol

10. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Well said!!

11. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

We played sloppy and we won. Took 3 off the board before the half and gave three back due to the second Sanchez pick. 6 point swing and the holmes fumble took points off the board as well.

Also I was really impressed with our pass defense today. Orton and Denver had been tearing it up this season and we did a great job against a passing offense that has a lot of targets.

Bottom line the jets never win games like this. It's a testament to the team to keep fighting and steal this one on the road in a hostile environment.

12. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Just saying... Jets should have won easy against this Bronco D. Not ridiculous.

13. milo

milo Well-Known Member

We also beat Tebow, so indirectly we beat Jesus.

14. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

^^^ hahahahahhaa

15. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Frankly, I had this game down as a Jet loss. I was surprised to find them victorious.

This game should have been won by Denver - if they weren't so conservative and mistake-prone. I didn't think Jets would lose because Denver was so good. It was more of what transpired with the Jets - very, VERY late Monday night game, short rest, playing in the west coast - not to mention the altitude.

The altitude, of all things, worried me the most. It takes at least 3 days to get acclimated to a mile high altitude - that's the minimum. If you don't have that, you will feel short of breath, and get tired (due to the short breath) very soon. Jets got there on Friday - meaning they had a full day and a half, much less than what they needed.

For Denver, this was the perfect storm in their favor - Jets were coming with short rest, in their home field nonetheless. Weak Denver team or not, it wasn't just the Denver team Jets were fighting against this week. They were playing against the element on top of the Denver squad. Since they have come away with a win, I'd guess I'll be a happy scamper for a week (or two, now that Jets have a bye). True, Sanchez could have avoided the picks, but I won't bitch about the gory little details of the game for now. I am just proud of the way they have battled in such a tough and hostile environment. Kudos to them all.

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Its neither. Its a lucky win.

The Jets escaped with a win today.

I know that a short week and playing in Denver has a lot to do with how they played, but nothing was in rhythm. They escaped the trap game, and since they have a bye week, they probably dodged a two loss record until next month.

Just check the link in my sig to find out what will happen next.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Aside from the Lions, Browns, and Bills games we have a really tough schedule the rest of the way. If we can beat these three teams, and split the rest, we should be able to pull a 12-4 record and the #2 seed.

18. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

Jets weren't as sharp this game. Sanchez had a bad day and will have his ups and downs through the season. Lets not forget the horrible calls against us. I'm very confident about this team. One week at a time. Lets go JETS!

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I was reading all the nonsense surrounding this game. The Jets were going to kick the ever loving shit out of the Bronco's in every phase of the game...... I just knew it wasn't going to be like that.

There were a lot of factors that made this a game, where in another year, with another Jets team, this is a loss. Shit just look at Denver 2 years ago.

The Jets had 6 days rest and played in high altitude, coming off a hard fought win. It had all the makings of a letdown game.

So this was a completely gratifying ugly win. The Jets gutted this out and did what great teams do. They win on days when they are not at their best.

The one thing about this game is I think the Jets secondary is going to get scary good. The Bronco's were the 2nd best passing team in the league. Orton had to thread the needle to complete anything on Revis and Cromartie. They are only going to get better. The Jets are going to get a bunch of int's as the season progresses.

20. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Once they jell, once the communication is where it needs to be, this secondary will be insane.

That's why I think they'll get stronger as the season goes on.

I still wanna see less zero coverage on 3rd and longs. Teams are starting to know how to beat it.