Sanchez separating himself from Henne

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Doogstein, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

I am reminded of Jason Campbell having no picks at midseason a few years back and having some people proclaim him midseason MVP with these stats:

152/230, 66.1%, 1,754 yards, 7.6 YPA, 8 TD, 0 INT, 100.5 Rating 220 yards per game

Looks Similar to these:

81/147 55.1% 902 yards 6.14 YPA 8 TD 0 INT 91.7 Rating 180 yards per game

Unfortunately people never learn from the past

#41 Scoffaveli3, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You compared Sanchez to Campbell off of stats alone.

Some people just never learn football.

3. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

And some people use the phrase "you don't know football" as a crutch to prop up their lack of intelligence

LOL

I never said that was the sole reason...

Both had a good running game, good D, and weren't really the MVP of their team. Oh yeah, both were supposed to be rounding the corner. Lets see if you can figure out what happens next here.

#43 Scoffaveli3, Oct 16, 2010
  4. srqman1

srqman1 Tired of BS

the fact is, Henne got overrated last year because he threw one really good TD pass to Ted Ginn Jr. against the Jets.

5. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

You raise a good point but it also highlights why stats and stats alone can not be the barometer of a player's skill, especially in football. IIRC, Sanchez and Jamarcus Russell had nearly identical stats in their rookie years. How did that work out? Anyone can pull any stat out to bolster their point, but it doesn't hold much merit. Just in watching Sanchez play, I KNOW he's playing solid. I don't need percentages and extrapolations to prove it.

6. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

lol oh really?

7. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

Its funny because we both have the same point. There are a shitload of Qbs that have played well for a few games as there are a shitload of QBs that have played poorly.

Why decide what that player is going to be for the rest of his career when his play suits your hopes?

8. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

the coaching staff is really starting to show their confidence in sanchez as well. no way would they have thrown the ball during our last offensive drive in the minnesota game, let alone throwing it 44 times in a monsoon.

9. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

My bad, I only read that one post. I thought you were saying Sanchez would end up like Campbell.

10. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Seeing I'm a noob on the board and all I can't put up links yet, but there are a couple videos on Youtube that show every pass play for Mark vs Houston & NE. (There may be more but I haven't taken the time to try and hunt them down yet.)

First thing that jumped right out at me is...wow...he was lucky to only have 20 picks last year.....I think I counted 4 in just those two games that should have been easy picks.

Second thing that struck me is that he was often very quick in getting rid of the ball. Not a bad thing in and of it'self...but I think he was adjusting to the speed of the game and on occasion had more time than he thought he had...often needlessly sailing balls high and out of each of the target.

Third thing that struck me is our recievers dropped an awful lot of balls last year.Jeepers creepers I'm not just reffering to these two games because I can say with certainty this problem got worse when Braylon Edwards arrived later on.....of course all recievers have drops on every team...but I wonder if the Jets as a team had more than average?

I think we have seen he can be deadly accurate on timing plays and threading between defenders, and I think Jet recievers may have even been surpised by a few balls that hit them dead in the hands last year.

This year we aren't seeing as many drops, and he may be a bit more comfortable with his timing...but we are seeing his vertical deep ball still leaves a lot to be desired. to my eyes this area needs the most improvement....he can hit the open guy deep no problem but seems to have difficulty throwing to recievers over the top in single coverage.

I think his completion percentage will improve considerably as the season progresses....and he'll have plenty of chances to take shots down field with an improved Edwards, and a more comfortable Holmes... so here's hoping that starts this week in Denver.

Of course we could also be a bit spoliled by Pennington who still own's the NFL's highest completion percentage at 66.1%

#50 Uzone27, Oct 16, 2010
  11. 624

624 Banned

Those vids were made by TGG poster Jetfanmack, so we know what you're talking about.

Those ones you pointed out were his first 2 games of his career, and I don't care if be he "almost" throws an interception.

He didn't, and all QBs get lucky and unlucky at times.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Yeah Henne stays where he is while Mark gets better.

Your agenda here is so transparent its sad.

Just another fin fan no different from the others.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

henne looks the same...as sanchez is getting better WITH alot less experience. henne is a clown.

also the entire dolphins organization is run by clowns. wtf orange carpet to the game? is this a celebrity event, or a football game? i also hear there is a night club inside the phin stadium? if this is true...i could never be a fan of such faggyness.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

A mother fucking clown
    The biggest clown in all Ann Arbor town

15. 624

624 Banned

Which is hard to do after adding a top 3 WR to your offense.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That's my favorite part.:rofl:

17. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

lol And you're one of those guys that drops in and says something like "you don't know football" to cover up the fact that you really can't discuss football

For the record I am not sold on Henne, nor am I saying that Henne is better. Certainly Sanchez has looked better so far this season.

I'm saying it is ridiculous to pick and choose your sample size when the going is good.

I'm sure you'll either disappear now or make some comment that further hides your lack of intelligence.

18. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

do you guys seriously have a night club in the dolphin stadium?

20. Scoffaveli3

Scoffaveli3 Banned

haha don't know never been

stop trolling