Brodney Pool

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by gustoonarmy, Oct 13, 2010.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Rhodes was a bitch and I'm glad he's gone.. but he was a better player than Brodney Pool, that much can't really be denied. Obviously all the other stuff that comes with Kerry made it a positive to get rid of him, but I think the secondary lost a little bit in coverage by getting rid of him.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Pool is just getting going, give him some time. Rhodes had all year to learn his position and we all see how that ended.

He's already made some game changing and game ending plays even with his near virgin status.

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Where is junc with his Pool vs. Rhodes numbers?

4. SuperNova

SuperNova New Member

Absolutely. I was at the game Monday, and when the crowd saw Harvin in the open field on that play, we all gasped, thinking "Oh shit." When Pool made that tackle, my row and the row behind me literally exhaled because he saved a touchdown. There was NO ONE behind Pool.

5. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I will absolutely deny that rhodes is better than Pool. Pool is willing to stick his nose in and make tackles. Pool made a huge INT vs NE. A Game saving tackle vs miami, and made some nice tackles vs Minny. Rhodes would have pussy footed and cost us the game vs miami.

YOU REALLY DONT BELIEVE RHODES IS BETTER DO YOU?

6. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Please. It's not even a question.

Let's not throw the baby out with the fag water, OK? Kerry Rhodes was a unmotivated, prissy, selfish, soft douchebag and I'll be the first one to say I'm glad he's gone. He's also an incredibly talented football player. Incredibly talented.

Our pass defense is poor this year not only because our Messiah is dinged up, but also because we traded away one of the best coverage safeties in the game. Good fucking riddance, but give credit where credit is due.

7. franzman9

franzman9 Member

unmotivated, prissy, selfish, soft douchebag

In my book, that automatically makes Pool a better football player. Give Pool more than 3 games to get comfortable with the system and this guy can really fly.

8. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

I agree with everything in this post. rhodes' range in the secondary was a nice weapon. Pool seems more suited to be a SS IMO.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

your 100% right actually.

i forgot about that shit.

10. franzman9

franzman9 Member

should of had a pick 6 against minny too but cromartie kinda nudged pool and he dropped it.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I saw him make a couple of solid tackles in the open field, looks pretty good to me.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I really wish we went after Antrel Rolle.

13. 624

624 Banned

We aren't denying Rhodes' talent.

A motivated Pool is better then an unmotivated Rhodes, therefore he is better.

I don't care what he can do, I care about what he does.

14. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Yeah, I'm not talking about Rhodes' potential, I'm talking about results. If Kerry Rhodes had played to his potential last year, he would have been the best safety in the league, hands down. He did not; as such, he was merely a very large part of the best secondary in the league.

Here's the thing about Rhodes: everybody remembers the Marshawn Lynch non-tackle, the Marcedes Lewis blown coverage, the Ted Ginn burn-and-blame, the Laurence Maroney steam-roll... what people don't remember are the dozens of times the opposing team's quarterback looked through his progressions and said to himself "shit, can't throw there, Kerry's there; gotta throw at Revis."

Let me suggest a parallel from the douches in MASS: is Deion Branch a better wide receiver than Randy Moss? Of course not, nobody would make that claim. Nobody is going to look at the Patriots and say "shit, Deion Branch! We're boned!" just like nobody will look at the Jets and say "Oh no! Brodney Pool!"

It doesn't mean it's a bad move, but it's delusional to call it an upgrade.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm fine with his play.

Rhodes was a bitch and Pool brings the lumber.

He made great plays in the NE and the Miami game.

I have no issues with the guy and I'm glad he's on the team.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Not for 5 years 40 million. Not when we have all these other guys to sign

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Rhodes was a large part of the best secondary in the league? I hear what you're saying with the look offs but the guy was benched for a reason. If he was really putting so much fear into opposing QB's I doubt Rex/Pettine would have benched him.

18. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

pool is better suited for a rex ryan defense end of story

19. franzman9

franzman9 Member

well put.

//thread

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

We're ranked #23 right now in pass D. By the end of last season we were ranked #1, I'd say theres a world of difference already.
    Granted, its a different schedule and we have 3 noobs in our secondary, but I don't think our pass D is a patch on last seasons so far which considering the players that have been brought in is rather curious.

No Revis obviously makes a huge difference. But right now we look fairly suspect.