Jets and Yank Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 8, 2010.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

We are the minority, as we all know its usually the Yanks and Giants or the Jets and Mets. I am lucky to be a Jet and Yankee fan. The Yanks have been the greatest team to root for the last 15 years and the Jets have not. I can't remember a better time to be a fan of both, not just for this year, but long term. The Jets are built to last and the Yanks are always going to be good to great. What a day this is. I hope the Yanks win Saturday so I can just sit back and enjoy the win and concentrate on Football the rest of the weekend. Hopefully, one Minnesota team down, one to go. Anyone else out there lucky enough to root for these 2 teams?

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I don't know. 1998 was also a great year for Jets and Yanks fans, but this season rocks too.

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the hell out of both teams right now. I didn't have high expectations for the Yanks the way they played down the stretch, but they obviously are off to a great start.

The Jets took a nice step towards killing "SOJ" with the Buffalo thrashing.

GOOD TIMES!!!

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

yanks and giants fans are such front running fucks. Combined i mean

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Last year and '98 were almost perfect, hopefully we can finish it off this year.

I think in the old days it was much more Mets/Jets and Yanks/Giants but I think that has shifted over the years. There are alot of Jets/Yanks and Mets/Giants fans.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

See, I never understood this. Just because the team you like usually wins, it doesn't make you a frontrunner. Mets fans are the worst in this case because as soon as they find out you're a Yankees fan, they try and challenge your knowledge of baseball and immediately deride your fandom. It's stupid.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

There are a ton of Giants/Mets fans, especially in Brooklyn.

8. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

I was referring to people who are both giants and Yankees fans. They almost all have the classic front runner characteristics and doucheyness

9. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

The reason for this is due to the multiple team nature in every sport in NY, a ton of NY fans are really front runners.

Look at NY in the mid to late 80's, it was all Mets, nowadays its all Yankees.

I have always said in baseball it is like this in the tri-state area:

25% True Mets fans
    25% True Yankee fans
    50% fair weather fans, which ever team is better is their team.

I think with football it is not nearly as aggressive as that, more like:

35% True Jets fans
    40% True Giants fans
    25% fair weather fans

Most towns you don't have that because they have one team only per sport, so the front runners are the cowboy fans, or the Yankee fans in other areas.

10. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

Yeah so far this is great I just hope the Yankees pitching can hold off. Pettite was a great suprise last night, it was like watching Sanchez beat up the Pats.

11. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'd say the number of fairweather football fans is much higher. New York is a baseball town.

12. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Jets, Yanks and Rangers, hopefully the Rangers can add to the trifecta of awesome.

13. Clayture

Clayture Member

Thread topic fits my description.

First sports impressions growing up was watching Mantle and Namath in second half of 60's.

Being Yankees have won a few championships along the way here, I am not as obsessed with them winning as I am with the Jets, but surely root hard for both.

14. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

You guys can all go FUCK yourselves...

j/k

:smile:

15. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Jets/Yanks fan here. The mid 80s - early 90s were tough for both teams but I hung in there. Probably because I was a kid and didn't know any better. :)

Paid off for the Yankees and hope its paying off soon for the Jets!

Nice to see Pavano lose last night, the bum.

16. sg3

sg3 Banned

Pin$triper$ $uck, $orry

GO JETS, though

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I've been a fan of both for as long as I can remember. The Yanks are great and watching them win regularly is really cool, but the JETS are my 1st love. If the Jets win a superbowl and the Yanks finish in last place for the next 15 years, that would be fine with me. I've loved football more than any other sport FOREVER and I really don't understand how people can like other sports more. I would even be OK with the Yanks leaving NY forever if it meant the Jets could win the superbowl while I'm alive (don't get me wrong, I don't want the yanks out of NY, but I think you get where I'm going with this.)

The best part is the way things are going, I may be able to have both the JETS as a dominant force for years to come and the Yanks as a perennial contender...

My brother in law is an NBA fan 1st...2 really good friends are MLB fans 1st...I just don't fucking get it???

18. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Pinstripes and Gang Green for life baby!

19. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Probably feels kinda like being a Patriots-Red Sox fan a few years ago.... except for the chowder eating douche-bag part, that is.

20. BigEvil

BigEvil Member

My first kid is due any day now, and im lucky that it's a boy. He is coming home in a Jets Onesie and beenie and wrapped in a Yankee blanket.

The only things that can make this year any better, would be for both to win it all. Is that too much to ask for?