Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I haven't used them as fact, if that's the case we can take any posts and say the same thing.

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqqs4h4M7c[/YOUTUBE]

3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

What the hell is wrong with you?

Don't you know by now?

nyjunc does not have opinions.

It's all facts we're gettin' from that boy.

4. nyjunc

Don't you have an encyclopedia from 1925 to study or did you take care of that during your latest banishment?

5. ........

........ Trolls

Childish attack. Cakes wins.

6. ........

........ Trolls

BTW, remembered this morning that we picked up Justin Miller last season when Leon got hurt. The goal was for him to return kicks. The CS preferred Brad Smith to him, too. That makes two of our best recent kick returners who were let go while Brad Smith returns kicks. I guess you must be missing something with Smith without that coaches' tape. Like maybe that it's a waste to use a roster spot on a guy who is simply a marginal improvement in that facet of the game.

7. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

That avatar is awesome.

8. nyjunc

What are you talking about? When did I ever criticize Smith other than saying he's not as good as leon?

We let go of Miller b/c he showed us that he didn't have his old burst back, he was WORSE than Smith. He wasn't a marginal improvement, if he was he would have stayed but he was clearly done after they saw him up close which was why they released him so quickly and he hasn't been picked up since.

We all lose when we read your posts.

9. ........

........ Trolls

You disputed that Leon was a marginal improvement. I wasn't talking about Miller with that last line. Although, Miller has been picked up since. He was with the Cardinals throughout training camp and averaged 30 yards per return in the preseason, but they opted to keep a returner who could contribute in other ways as well. Like Smith.

ANOTHER childish attack. I'm on a roll! You're right, though. You all lose. I'm that damn good.

Shit, I got the win wrapped up two ways. By your standards, I won as soon as you dropped the attack. By my standards, I won as soon as I dropped a well supported, logical argument on your ignorant fluff. It's like a double victory.

10. nyjunc

Leon is a alot better than Brad Smith.

Now you are bringin up preseason stats? Leon averaged 23 per return in preseason and is averaging 40 in the reg season.

Soon you'll start posting his averages from OTAs.

I'm throwing out jokes, you are acting like a child calling me an idiot and all that. There's a big difference.

11. ukilledkenny

When you call Junc an idiot it is childish.

When Junc calls you and idiot it is a joke.

Big difference.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Given how many players are fired up and trying to use Special Teams play to make a roster, I'd say they're the only preseason stats you actually CAN use. They were also the way Justin Miller was pleading his case for a roster spot. The team opted to go with Stephens-Howling as their returner instead, given that he was a viable option as a 3rd RB. Since Leon clearly hasn't been, you can see why the Jets opted for Smith in this situation.

I thought you were talking about Cakes' ban. "Throwing out a joke" would be a much more apt description of a junc ban.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Brad Smith is more valuable than Leon.

Is that actually being argued?

14. ........

........ Trolls

Not really. The argument part is over, since I won by both my and junc's standards. It's just a discussion at this point.

However, I do maintain that Brad Smith's ability at KOR made Leon expendable, in part because he can contribute on offense as well, which Leon hasn't really been able to do this season. Leon isn't THAT much better as a KOR, albeit a bit more explosive, but it's such a narrow role, and only for this season. I'd much rather have the promise of Joe McKnight for the future and go with Brad Smith. Junc would have preferred to keep Leon and insists that he is, in fact, THAT much better than Smith.

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ha.

Smith is one of the most valuable all around players I've seen on the Jets. He plays 6 different roles. I just wish he did morph into a true receiver. He'd be the complete package.

The roster spots saved due to his ability to cover so many roles so well enables the Jets to have developmental depth players at other positions. Leon never did that.

Its sad. I like Leon. I just don't overrate the shit out of him.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Everyone likes Leon. The other games thread after his excellent ST game had a ton of replies. It's just shocking that anyone who has watched him thinks he would have been a better choice for this team. You either lose Joe McKnight or John Conner for the next three (or more) seasons for one year of marginally better kick returns. Kick returns! Not offense, not defense, kick returns!

17. nyjunc

At what point did I call him an idiot?

Ok, please do me a favor and let me know which stats can and cannot be used before we get into another debate.

The Jets didn't opt for Smith, it wasn't a decision of should we keep Leon just to return kicks. They didn't think he'd ever fully recover and they may be right but so far seeing Leon win a game for his team they look wrong.

That's funny, I can give you credit rather than act like a 2 year old who lost his favorite toy.

Can any of you guys read?

I am taking notes so that I can someday be as good as you. I ask again that you please let me know which #s are meaningful to a discussion and which are not.

The "promise" of Joe McKnight:lol: he sure showed us a ton of promise in camp.

Leon is a much better return man than Smith, that's not debateable(unless we are only allowed to use good Smith returns and not good Leon returns).

I know it's difficult for you to act like an adult but all I have said all along is I was against the Leon move. I never said I was right, I never said we made the wrong move. I said I was against it and that so far it looks like a bad move but that can easily change if Joe shows us his incredible promise.

Were you one of the people on the board back in '07 and '08 who thought he was a waste of a roster spot?

Connor has nothing to do w/ it, it's about McKnight. If McKnight turns into something it was a great move. if he's a bust and Leon comes close to regaining his form it was a bad move.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Will do. I'll compile a list and send it over. Happy to help you grow as a poster.

They DID opt for Brad Smith...as a returner. They didn't think Leon would fully recover this season, and so far they're absolutely right. He hasn't fully recovered. Anything that happens after this season is irrelevant since he wouldn't be a Jet anyway, straight from the horse's mouth.

Now that's what I call progress. See? I knew you had it in you. And you say I can't judge potential...

I'm happy to count you as one of my many followers.

Didn't you just say we can't use the preseason?

I haven't seen anyone suggest that Leon isn't a better return man.

More childish attacks. How many victories is that for me now? Just call me the '98 Yankees.

Yes. If McKnight is a bust over the next 3 years AND Leon regains his form this season, it was a bad move.

19. ukilledkenny

You didn't say the word idiot specifically but lets be real.

20. nyjunc

Thank you.

He hasn't fully recovered and still has been much better than Brad(I'm not bashing Brad by the way as I love Brad but he's not Leon as a KR).

You were using preseason #s which are meaningless, that's very different than how a guy looked in camp and in preseason games. You can see different things about a player to let you know if they can play or not and it has nothing to do w/ stats. He didn't show us anything, certain players take longer to develop so I'm not giving up on him but he showed us nothing.

We'll see, like I have said over and over I hope to be wrong but as we know tha is pretty rare:grin: