Moss vs. Revis #2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by newcomer, Oct 6, 2010.

1. newcomer

newcomer New Member

From NFL.COM

A trade that sends Randy Moss from the New England Patriots back to the Minnesota Vikings is complete, a league source told NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi.

The Patriots will receive a 2011 third-round draft pick in exchange for the seven-time Pro Bowl wide receiver, who started his NFL career with the Vikings in 1998. Had New England allowed Moss to leave in free agency next offseason, it would have received a third-round selection in the 2012 draft as compensation.

Moss, who's in the final year of his current contract, is scheduled to make $6.4 million in base salary this season. He wants a new deal, but he wouldn't receive one from the Vikings as part of the trade, Lombardi reported.

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer, who also appears on NFL Network, first reported the trade discussions Tuesday.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

**Title Change**

Moss vs. Cro #2

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Since it will be tough for Moss to learn the plays this fast, I think Favre is going to just launch a bunch of passes towards Moss, basically putting them up for grabs. I could see Moss making 2-3 big plays, but also see Favre tossing 2-3 picks trying to force it to him. If we limit Moss to 1 trip to the end zone, we should be fine.

4. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, Cromartie can't cover Harvin.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm hoping Revis is 100% if he's going to cover Moss his first game back, wow. If not Cromartie did a good job on him and has the size to match up with Moss. If we get after Favre it might not matter.

6. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I doubt Revis will be 100% so I say leave Cro on Moss. He has proved he can handle him and could at least challenge him on a jump ball.

7. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I know those guys can cover Moss, but I wish this trade went down NEXT WEEK.

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Cromartie on Moss so Revis doesn't hurt himself again stretching out on him. I can't believe that Belichik took away one of Brady's toys when the Pat's offense is all that is keeping them together. Monday night was a mirage on the defensive side for them. They're going to give up 340 points this season.

9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

is revis supposed to play this week? on vacation so i havent been able to follow much

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

And not only that, I can't imagine that Welker wont be doubled on every play now. Very odd trade. I guess they have a lot of faith in Tate.

11. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Cro on Moss...this shouldn't even be a question going into the game.

12. ........

........ Trolls

Yes. Revis and Pace are both slated to return this week.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

my sweet dick!

14. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Belichik's hatred for the Jets is behind this, or at least a big part of it.

15. emania55

emania55 Member

ya Revis is supposed to be back this week.
    Also I like Revis on Harvin.

16. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

i agree with revis on harvin

harvin catches alot of slot passes and needs to be tackled in the open field which we know cro cant do

17. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

It might have something to do with the timing, just from a strategic point of view, but I can't imagine that's the only reason. There has to be more to this story, like him or not Moss is a great weapon and Brady knows how to use him. Maybe it's not a coincidence that Moss had 0 catches Monday night for the first time in his career, I sense something went on behind the scenes there.

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Cro's tackling his vastly improved, he's almost halfway to his 09 tackle total through 4 games. He is playing much more physical.

Harvin is having a crap year so far, so even a not fully Revis can cover him. Berrian is even worse, no that I look at it the Vikings are not really that improved with this Moss trade.

Favre is done-

19. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

is this a joke?

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It feels more to me like Belichik has an inflated opinion of himself and is counting on Brady to bail him out if he's wrong.

It's going to be fun watching that team collapse back into mediocrity over the next few seasons.