Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

each trade comes w/ different circumstances, Lynch had wore out his welcome in Buffalo w/ off the field problems- it's how we got an elite talent like Holmes for just a 5th rd pick.

and the final compensation has not come out, it could be more than one pick.

2. ........

........ Trolls

And Leon had a rod in his leg and had worn out his welcome in New York with agent problems. I'm not sure how you're going to suggest that Lynch had more weighing down his value.

3. nyjunc

Leon did not wear out his welcome here, he was beloved by the players, coaches and the organization.

4. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

not to mention that lynch is a FA in 2013, as opposed to leon, who is a FA next next year, further lessening his trade value

junc mustve forgotten his shovel ...

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Agent Problems.

Not to be confused with Asian Problems.

Two totally different sets of problems.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

You mean like the triple Asian flu?

The toughest move in figure skating, or a deadly disease.

7. ........

........ Trolls

He was beloved by the players, coaches, and fans. I'm not so sure he was beloved by the organization thanks to Charity and Keels.

8. ........

........ Trolls

I was thinking Asian problems like having to put something on the top shelf.

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

If you're having Asian Problems I feel bad for you son
    I got 99 problems but an asian aint one

10. nyjunc

Buffalo had too many RBs, they have been looking to move Lynch and his off field problems for a while. They got a 4th AND a conditional pick for him, not the greatest value but they didn't have leverage.

You think they traded him b/c of his agent? if that happened every time an agent was unreasonable(in the eyes of a team) there would be alot more trades and #24 would have been sent packing as well.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

#24 brings considerably more to the table than Leon, junc.....despite his garbage agent, he wasn't going anywhere.

Adolf Hitler could've represented Revis...and it wouldn't matter, the Jets wouldn't let him go....I don't believe the same could be said if Hitler represented Leon.

12. nyjunc

There's no way leon was shipped to Seattle b/c of his agent. He was trdaed b/c they didn't think he would recover from the leg, if he was healthy last year he'd still be a Jet and would have a long term deal.

13. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

two things ...

1. by your definition, the jets had too many RBs as well, and now seattle has too many RBs

2. the bills had ten times more leverage with lynch than the jets had with leon, being that hes not just a one year rental who is coming off of a serious injury

14. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

I think the agent thing had something to do with it, yes. This was going to be the last year of Leon's contract. He wanted $6M/year plus guarantees. The Jets didn't want to give him that much and I don't think would have been able to give him that much. He was also coming off of a major leg injury.

It was a question of getting some value for him in the off season or keeping him for one more (cheap) year during which he would have been making unrealistic contract demands. Those situations don't necessarily play out well.

I loved Leon when he was here. I'd have loved to keep him if we could but I think his salary demands didn't help him to stay with the Jets.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't think the agent was the "entire" reason...but to say that didn't play a part in the decision-making...is a little ignorant.

If an agent is going to play hardball with the management....there's comes a point where one side reaches a threshold, and throws in the towel...

It didn't happen with Revis...because he's an elite player......Leon doesn't have that kind of stroke.

EDIT: And of course...his injury played a significant role in the decision as well.

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

Did you just call junc ignorant? You're boned.

17. nyjunc

1. Leon wasn't getting major carries here

2. Buffalo wanted Lynch out of town, the Jets did NOT want to ship leon out of town.

The agent was doing his job, you ask for more than you expect to get. They were negotiating.

If leon was healthy I guarantee you he'd be here.

18. IATA

IATA Trolls

I beg to differ. The team was under no obligation to trade him. They wanted picks more than they wanted him.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL,

That sounds like a Woodhead problem, also a problem the 09 Chargers would never have had.

20. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

that's quite presumptious, junc.....Considering Leon decided to play out his current contract rather than sign for more money (obviously not the amount he and Alvin the Shitmunk had in mind). If Leon was healthy, he would've went to Free Agency after the season and signed elsewhere.

But as we know...that decision blew up in Leon's face along with his femur.