Jets offense is in the "elite" category? cool!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Donttasemebro, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

Not sure how this has happened...The offense has currently scored 106 points so far this year (according to NFL.com). This puts them in with only 4 other teams who have broken the 100 pt mark so far and doesn't take into account the tough sledding the schedule has provided so far for the jets.

the colts, texans, packers and chargers are the only other teams to do so (so far...pats and fins yet to play). Assuming the pats put up more than 10 pts that would still leave the jets in the top 6 offensively.

Happy Monday

edit: the point is that this was supposed to be a defensive team looking for just game management on offense...nice little surprise....

2nd edit: overall the jets are +45 (PF vs. PA) and that's #1 in the league

#1 Donttasemebro, Oct 4, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If our defense can be as dominant as it was last season, I don't see how we don't win the AFC.

3. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

jets have the most balanced offense in the league right now

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Our D wasn't dominant last year, it was very good but never truly dominant but if we get last year's D w/ this year's O we can definitely make a run.

5. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

And we get one of the best wideouts in the game back this week.

6. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

and don't forget the leagues best corner & our best passrusher, should be an exciting rest of the season.

I know this thread is about the offense but I had to throw that in there.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

So far this is the best Jets offense since 1998. The Favre offense was hit or miss and good at blowing people out but then getting stuck in a rut the next week. It's too early to tell but I have the feeling it's going to be very hard to shut the Jets down this year because of their ability to switch from the ground game to the air and vice-versa when needed.

The Jets might be the best rushing attack in the league and they also have a real midrange passing game. That's going to stretch even some good defenses to the breaking point.

I think Rex Ryan is going to put the running game back up on a pedestal in the NFL. We kind of got away from that in the last decade but it's still the best way to win games.

8. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Every team in this league would have a lot more points scored if they could add Buffalo to their schedule. They're giving up 30+ three weeks in a row.

Jet offense is looking good but let's wait a few more weeks before calling them an elite offense. This Vikings game coming up will be a good test for the offense. Vikings don't need to blitz to generate pass rush so it'll be interesting to see how the passing game & Sanchez hold up.

===
    Jets D isn't dominant. Miami game showed that Jets have a secondary you can take advantage of if you can pick up the blitz or roll your qb away from the overload packages from defense. Hopefully, Revis & Pace will come back & play like last year. I'm always worried about performance from ppl that come back from injuries.

I'm also looking forward to the Raven's lineman Rex picked up on 3rd & long and other obvious passing situations.

9. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

10. jetsons

good post, one game @ a time...let's get a little better every week (less penalties, creating more turnovers, better efficiency by the -O, & better 3rd down play by the -D especially in the secondary) and build on the momentum

11. jetsons

hahahaha...

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

haha Hilary Duff & Mike Comrie

13. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

That guy look like absolutely NOTHING is bothering him at that moment.

14. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

FYP

filler

15. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

"Every team in this league would have a lot more points scored if they could add Buffalo to their schedule. They're giving up 30+ three weeks in a row.

Jet offense is looking good but let's wait a few more weeks before calling them an elite offense. This Vikings game coming up will be a good test for the offense. Vikings don't need to blitz to generate pass rush so it'll be interesting to see how the passing game & Sanchez hold up.

===
    Jets D isn't dominant. Miami game showed that Jets have a secondary you can take advantage of if you can pick up the blitz or roll your qb away from the overload packages from defense. Hopefully, Revis & Pace will come back & play like last year. I'm always worried about performance from ppl that come back from injuries.

I'm also looking forward to the Raven's lineman Rex picked up on 3rd & long and other obvious passing situations. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And on the same hand the chargers could say that about the cardinals....
    And on the same hand the Packers DID put up 34 against buffalo, also having the luxury of playing the lions...
    And the colts had the luxury of ripping a part a faulty giants secondary.

So dont take anything away from the jets just because they got to play buffalo, in my opinion, blowing them out like that just shows how good this offense can really be, when is the last time we really stomped buffalo out of the water like that? Not last year for sure. Most of the other top rated offenses have played suspect defenses and blown them out, it just shows that you are winning the games that you should really be winning.

16. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

everyone plays bad teams. did you see the bengals lose to the browns in a similar division matchup as jets/bills? the saints were one completion and kick by the panthers from losing to an awful team. the colts lost to the jags.

the jets did their job. they destroyed a team they are better then which a lot of teams struggled to do yesterday.

17. jetsons

at that moment nothing is

18. emania55

emania55 Member

we are number 1 in turnover ratio, with + 8.
    That tends to help.

19. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

So you feel that right now the Jets have one of the elite offenses in the NFL? Sorry but I think you're not making sense.

When people say the Colts, Packers, Chargers have good offenses they are looking at the games they've played this season & the previous seasons from these teams.

Can the Jets offense be elite? Maybe. I'd love the Jets to have an elite offense. To claim the offense right now is one of the elite offenses in the league is just too premature.

20. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

LOL, she gave that to him as a reward for him giving her a big ol ring.

[​IMG]