Good McNight, Joe

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Green Lantern, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

There's simply no basis for asserting this is necessarily true. 80 carry backs don't win championships. You can argue that kick returners make an impact, but we already have a solid kick returner. It's not like we're lining up a scrub back there and could have had Leon.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Hindsight is fun.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I don't even know why there's an argument.

Rex determined that McKnight isn't ready to play this season....when he is....he'll be activated. That's not a shot at his talent level....if anything....it was a decision based on his preparation to play this season. He didn't show the coaching staff that he deserved a spot on the active roster.

He's not vital to the offense this year.....so let him sit back and learn.....why can't some of you accept that?

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Because in hindsight we can keep Leon for one year to return kicks and touch the ball 80 times.

because we miss him.

And Hard Knocks told me to hate Joe McKnight

5. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

Mcknight was drafted to replace LT when LT retires sometime in the next 2 years. He wasn't drafted to start right away. plus his issues can be fixed 1 the fumbles and 2 his reluctance to run hard between the tackles. He actually did really well on PRs for us and if rex wasn't worried about teh fumbles he'd probably return punts for us and also possibly kicks

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha....

I'm happy that Leon found gainful employment outside our division....but that's as far as it goes for me. It took all of 20 seconds for me to get over the fact that he's not a Jet anymore.

Sure...he's a playmaker....but his pricetag was too high for what the role we had for him on this team. But some people and their grade 3 educations fail to accept this for some reason.....and are more than willing to point the finger at McKnight as a scapegoat for Leon's departure.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

real significant contributions there. too bad the Jets haven't benefited by handing the ball to Leon 8 times this year, we may be undefeated.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

what if Leon made one play against baltimore and we kick a FG and win? or one big return to set up a FG? We don't know. It's amazing how we throw out our old players and pump up our current players.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

What if they activated Joe McKnight and he ran 80 yards for a TD?!!

There are so many funny and horrendous things that I want to call you right now, but I don't feel like getting banned.

10. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Holy shit you go off on so many out of control hypotheticals?

What if he fumbled? What if he gambled on the game and gave his playbook to the Patriots? What if a pack of aliens abducted the team before gametime, and said the only way we let you go if is you have one player named Leon Washington sing a song to us?

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

junc,

you and I have locked horns on many occasions....and for the most part, I respect your tenacity. But you're gonna play the "what if" bullshit? C'mon....

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Do you watch football? I can have a more intelligent discussion about football w/ my 5 year old. My hypothetical is based on past and current performance, your asinine example trying to make me look foolish(instea dmaking yourslef look foolish) is for a player who has never done a thing, never showed a thing on O and has one good PR for an entire camp and preseason.

Instead of worrying about hurling insults, PAY ATTENTION so you can learn.

Were you paying attention to the discussion? If you were you wouldn be posting this.

Read the post I responded to. He was mocking Leon's potential impact, I simply stated who knows? one play could have made the difference in that one point loss but maybe he wouldn't have helped? I know from watching the man for us for 4 years that every year he made plays to help us win a game we may not have won w/o him so it's not a far fetched example as he just won a game on Sunday that his team would have had no shot w/o him.

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What if Leon carried the ball up the gut and got his leg broken in half, thus causing him to fumble?

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

We can.

With Woodhead a Pat, and Washington a Ram....where do you go if Green or LT sprains an ankle?

15. Hobbes3259

What if Leon's wife had balls?

She'd be his Husband...

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

What if he was on the 1 yard line, fumbled, broke his leg clean off, and the flying leg knocked the ball through the uprights?

17. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Woodhead was never a good option at HB......and I'll agree with you about Washington, I wish he was still available to us in case of emergency.

We have access to other practice squads too, Hobbes....actually, I believe the Jets addressed the loss of C.Washington by signing a HB off the Bills' PS.

McKnight isn't ready....that's the bottom line. Not all players are ready to start right out of college. I'm sorry that you can't accept that...but that's the nature of the beast. If he's not ready next year....then there should be a cause for concern.

18. Hobbes3259

What down?

19. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Listen, bud. I've seen your tired shtick time and time again over the years. You contribute nothing besides arguing the consensus on EVERYTHING. Yeah, we get it, you like playing Devil's Advocate. From blaming to the defense for the loss on Monday night to crying over Leon Washington and destroying McKnight before he's even had a chance to touch the fuckn' field.

Simply put, you just like to argue. You get a kick out of it. There's no discussion going on because you simply assume you're right and that the majority of posters who feel one way are idiots and "don't know football". If you didn't LOVE arguing, you wouldn't have over 20,000 fuckn posts in FINHEAVEN, a DOLPHINS MESSAGE BOARD.

And you have the nerve to say that I appear foolish? Holy shit, man.

20. Hobbes3259

My point is...once Woodhead was gone, instead of keeping WR trash on the roster..we should have kept a guy we can actually use.