Trap Game: Score Predictions?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Sep 28, 2010.

1. The Sanchise

The Sanchise Active Member

C'mon, they'll win this week. They're going to 3-1. I'd bet my life on it. Get the run game involved but stay balanced. Let Sanchez throw it some and we'll be fine. Dont get obsessed w/ ground and pound it only gets us beat.

2. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

too generous, you're right.

39-4

3. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

that's a bold prediction on many levels.

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

2 safeties?

I replied to the wrong post, I agree, we will destroy them.

I said 34-7. Now they're getting 2 safeties on us though? lol

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sometimes divisional games stay close, it's not the case 100% of the time, I just want to know how they would score more than 20 points, I don't see C.J. Spiller taking any back to the house our special teams have been playing great so far this season, our pass D was pretty bad against Brandon Marshall and Miami, but the protection of the bills o-line and their receivers are God awful, I can't see them putting up more than 20 points unless they get some turnovers. Comparing Miami and Buffalo isn't worth the time as they are two completely different teams.

Fitzpatrick is willing to throw the ball to the WRs, but if we apply our usual pressure there is no reason why we can't get at least one INT on Sunday.

And Henne is a good QB, Fitzpatrick isn't. Big difference there as well, I can't see them putting up more than what Miami did on Sunday Night, but hey I could be wrong

6. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

This game is not a gimme by any means. You have an angry desperate divisional rival who had a really good game against the Pats. These are also the guys who interecepted the hell out of Sanchize last year. I think the Jets still get it done as long as they don't overlook the Bills like most of you are doing.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Great Avatar!!!

8. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

If I could tell you accurately, "how" they're going to put up more than 20 points, I wouldn't be making posts in the forums at 11AM.

That's a dumb question to ask because you said it yourself. Turnovers are big part of the game and you don't know if, when and how they will happen. Shit teams are capable of putting up 20 points on any defense on any given Sunday. This passing D without Revis is not as shutdown as you'd like to believe and Fitzpatrick is capable of moving the chains.

Would I bet my house? No, but it's not out of the realm of possibility as you make it out to seem.

Divisional Game. That simple.

9. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

This game is going to go a long way in determining whether or not we have grown up and have our sights set on the prize.
    I think we're on a mission fueled by all the haters and this CS will have us ready to play.

Jets24
    Bills13

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You don't have to tell me accurately, just tell me whose going to make plays against our defense? I think the game obviously could be close due to it being a divisional game, but they just don't have the weapons IMO to put that many points up against us. Horrible pass protection, pretty bad receivers, but pretty good run game. Fitzpatrick isn't going to move the chains by himself, he'll need a great running game to do so, and we've been very good at stopping the run this season so far as you can see.

And yes I know without Revis the defense isn't elite but it's still very good, this secondary has a lot to prove on Sunday with the communication problems they had in Miami and if Buffalo thinks airing the ball is the way to win the game based on what happened in Miami, they will be in for a hell of a surprise I think.

Now I don't want to account for TOs, but that's the only way I see them getting 20 points on our team, is if Sanchez throws INTs and we fumble the ball more than once than 20 points I agree is not out of the question, and I think we'll go back to Rex Ryan football and run it down their throats for plenty of rushing yards, hence us winning 24-10.

The secondary was embarrassed last Sunday, they will step their game up and not allow big plays. Rex will address this and make sure this happens, I have that much faith in Rex, not enough faith to bet my house either tho.

I would also like to add, were are not the Patriots and their horrible secondary, everyone has been lighting them up this season through the air, can't say the same about us outside of one game.

11. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

:lol: +1
    ----------

12. milo

milo Well-Known Member

If we lose we're out of first place.

If we win we have first place with a strangle-hold.

That's gonna be the message all week.

No letdown. Jets roll. 31-10.

13. Capt. Ace Nick

Jets 13 Bills 12

14. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

in all fairness buff did come close to beating NE 38-30 and fitzpatrick threw for 2TDs and 250 yards and 71% completions. not too shabby.

Prediction Jets 31 - bills 21

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I think we win.

I don't think Sanchez throws 3 TDs though.

23-14 Jets.

Sanchez throws for 1 TD.
    SG has a breakout game and scores 2 TD.
    Safety..

16. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

The Bills always play us tough and Nacho is due to lay an egg. As long as we pressure the QB and our secondary doesn't make Fitzpatrick look like Peyton Manning we should win.

Jets 21 Bills 19

2 picks and 1 TD from Nacho
    170 combined rushing yards from LT & Greene
    1 defensive touchdown

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I'm liking the defensive TD. I'm saving that for the 2 pick 6s Revis is going to grab off of Old Man Favre next Monday...

18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

34-13 Jets. If Revis plays: 41-6

19. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Need to amend my predictions.

The NFL is doing the Breast cancer awareness thing again this week. We are 0-3 in Pink Hats.

Sanchez throws seven picks. 41-3 Buffalo.

20. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

21-7 NYJ.

Spiller takes one to the house.

Sanchez throws 2 TD's, Greene gets his first of the year.