Thank Tanny for trading Leon

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by southparkfanciz, Sep 26, 2010.

1. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

Didn't we get a 5th rounder for him and then basically give that to Pittsburgh for Santonio Holmes? Basically Washington for Holmes the way I see it. Good trade.

2. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

HE HELPED US U DUMB ASS

What if we end up a game above the Chargers at the season? like we are 12-4 and they are 11-5

and thats the difference between the 2 seed and 3 seed and first round bye? we can go back and thank leon washington at the end of the season haha.

3. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Really? After all the moves he made to bring in LT and others, and as well as he's drafted, you're upset cause Tanny traded Leon coming off injury?

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I'd rather have Leon returning kicks. But that's the only place I'd rather have him.

He'd clearly be our #3 back right now. LT and Greene are getting carries over him, for sure. So he'd be a glorified special teamer for us.

When we traded him, we didn't know if he could even play this season. We figured he would, but how well was anybody's guess. He's a smaller, speedy back who had a devastating leg injury. That's not easy to come back from and be the same player.

What would you give up to Seattle for Leon Washington now? A 5th rounder? A 6th rounder? When all was said and done, we got a decent value.

Plus, he wanted a long-term contract for more money than we wanted to spend on who we clearly viewed as a part-time back. After the injury, we would have offered even less, so at that point we just let him get on with his career. He wasn't coming back next year most likely, so we got a pick for him. Something out of nothing.

5. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

THIS! I'm thrilled for Leon. He played his ass off for us and had a pretty bad injury. Nice to see him doing well. And I'm sure Tanny is just as happy for him to be honest.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

wHO IS tED qUINN?

7. rex-N-effects

rex-N-effects New Member

he wanted 5 mil a year. too much to pay a KR coming off a huge injury. we pay less for LT and Greene combined right now. Leon had to go, its the sad business side of football. we needed brick, revis, mangold, harris, etc more then we need leon

8. pisano24

pisano24 Member

LOL - great point!!

9. sg3

sg3 Banned

glad Leon is doing great as a KR in Seattle

but Brad Smith does that very well for us, plus he is much better at the wildcat than Leon was for us

and the combo of Shonn and LT is miles better than the 2009 duo of Thomas Twoyards and Leon (prior to Leon getting hurt)

10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

we tried to sign him for fair money and he turned it down. the Jets then traed him when tehy considered both his injury and his salary expectations.

11. rick34125

rick34125 Member

+1

totally with you on this. leon have a great season. we'll miss you, but not that much.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Whoever tries to bash any decision Tanny has made for our team should shoot himself in the face.

13. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

welp, retarded thread quota for the day was met.

thanks for keeping the status quo

14. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I liked Leon, it would have been great if the Jets could have resigned him. That said, his injury was serious, and his agents were a problem. It was understandable for Tanny to get rid of him.

I have no idea what picks we got for him, or what they led to, but I'm glad to see he's doing well in Seattle.

15. skeleton_frames

Exactly. He wanted stupid money to be a below average rb.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

McKnight is terrible, Ryan can't stand him, he'll be off the team before Ghoulston.

17. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

We should have paid Chad Morton MJD money too!!!!!!

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You aren't comparing Chad Morton to Leon Washington, are you? Chad basically had the one great game in 2002 that he won in Buffalo, in his career he averaged more than 24 yds a return ONE year, leon has done that every year. Morton had 3 career KR TDs in 7 seasons(including the 2 TD game), Leon has 6 already nad he hasn't played 4 full seasons yet. Chad also never did anything on offense while leon was a very valuable RB, he may not be right now as he is still working his way back to normal but he was a very valuable RB for us and our best playmaker on O.

19. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Who's Ghoulston?

20. Gumboso

Gumboso New Member

Whoa Whoa Whoa...doesnt anyone here miss Leon?! He was by far my favorite Jet on offense since the departure of Curtis Martin...he was a playmaking machine!!! Im happy for Leon, and I hope he does well...Brad Smith is a crafty return guy but doesnt have the breakaway speed.