Mike Tannenbaum says Braylon not starting because of when he was arrested

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Fred Mertz, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Who fucking gives a shit anymore. The media is gonna shit on us no matter what.

Just fucking win.

Fuck.

2. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I totally understand that. He will continually be answered these questions. It is what it is, but it really pisses me off because Mike T. is supposed to be the master of saying things without really saying anything...you get me? So, it really pisses me off that he wouldn't be making use of that skill at this moment and clam up on this whole business. He knows how this media is...don't give them anything. You are trying to move on not throw kerosene on the fire. In a way, this is what he did. Of course, I am probably overreacting...I'll admit that. As I said, it is just the fact that its Mike T. making this obvious blunder which really irks me. The guy should know better. They need to be smarter.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I never knew so many people would have issues with telling the truth. The team doesn't deal with disciplining players after an arrest and they want to win. I kinda like that Tanny isn't pretending to be outraged when he really isn't.

4. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

its the jets vs the world

it will make it even sweeter when we shut everyone up at the end of the yr

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

thank you. not only do the jets not discipline players for this, but as tanny points out - NO TEAM DOES. People need to understand that.

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

reposting sorry...............

#26 Miamipuck, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  7. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

Then I would venture to say that BRICK and GHOLSTON won't start either! both were in the car with Braylon at the time of the alleged offense.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

OMG Oh Noes the Jets are wildy undisciplined from the top down. Fire everyone and start over.....omg

2 arrests in 2 years is unacceptable. That would make the Jets completely inconsistent with what people think they are, say it ain't so.

So which is it Same Old Jets Fans? Are they the wildly undisciplined bunch or one of the teams with the least off the field problems?

9. WhiteShoeWillis

and neither were arrested.

how do so many people overlook the obvious?

10. 624

624 Banned

I don't think they were planning on starting Gholston anyway...

11. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

They didn't get arrested.

Being out until 5 am and getting arrested is quite a bit different than staying out til 5 am.

If he had stayed out until 5 am and not gotten arrested TGG would have had about 15 less threads and 2000 less posts this week, they would have also been no mention of anything by the team and the press.

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Exactly. This is surprising dumb coming from Tanny.

13. sg3

sg3 Banned

who cares

lets just go out and kick the crap out of the stinking fish and move on to Buffalo

14. DRC™

DRC™ Active Member

Oh My

I hope after this week, they(the jets) stop talking about this completely

They should put a "gag order" on the whole thing

Because i'm tired of hearing/seeing/reading about it

I just want to focus on some Jets football. Tired of this shit

15. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Wow, you really got me on that! What the hell does that have to do with this?

The GM says Edwards doesn't start because he was out at 5am and that has to do with something that happened to Moss years ago how?

16. Kentucky Jet

"We felt he didn't deserve to start based on the fact that ... not for the arrest as much as going out and being out until 5 in the morning," Tannenbaum said Sunday morning as a guest of Ian O'Connor on 1050 ESPN Radio.

Its not hard to understand what I wrote if you read what tanny said! LOL

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Tanny said it was because of the time of the incident. They aren't at least somewhat responsibel also?

BTW, I don't care what the jets do about this anyway! But Tanny ought to just stop talking about it if he's gonna put his foot in his mouth.

18. Kentucky Jet

This is what the article said:"We felt he didn't deserve to start based on the fact that ... not for the arrest as much as going out and being out until 5 in the morning," Tannenbaum said Sunday morning as a guest of Ian O'Connor on 1050 ESPN Radio.

and that is what I wrote!

19. WhiteShoeWillis

And he didn't say that the arrest was not part of it. He then went on to point out that no teams site players for DUI's. You have to dig deeper. :)

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well I see an ellipsis and a comma in the quote which generally means some words were left out.

I was able to see through that to realize he meant it was a combination of all factors rather than just him staying out until 5 am.

Another thing that helped me to read into it a little bit more was that if coaches and management got up in arms every time a player stayed out until 5 am then we would see about half the league sitting the beginning of the game every week. These are 20+ year old guys with a lot of money, yes many of them will go out and party and stay out late.