Jets at Dolphins - Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Sep 22, 2010.

1. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

Good analysis. :beer:

It should be a good game. I think offensive playcalling will be a big factor; Miami has a very good run defense and our running game hasn't quite found its stride. I don't think we should be afraid to pass this week.. I haven't actually watched the Fins this year so maybe I'm full of shit but I wouldn't be surprised if Sanchez had a pretty good game. If he's given the chance, of course.

Defense will be interesting story too. Right now, I think Miami is playing slightly better on defense. Last week we were able to capitalize on Brady's mistakes and come up big when we needed to, making the win look easy. But there were times in that game when NE had no trouble moving the chains. I'm not exactly worried but I'm not convinced we're playing like a "top 5" defense. Playing Miami, and not NE, should help this week though.

I'll guess 23-13

2. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Whats up krung Fu? You banned 2x2......

3. FinFan4Ever

FinFan4Ever Member

Clearly you didn't watch this game as AP gashed the Fins for 145 yards, those holes he ran through didn't open up on their own. What helped the Fins was that they got stops when they needed and the three sacks on Favre, with one of them coming at the right time when Favre fumbled in his own endzone and the Fins recovered. What hurt the Vikes is that Childress is an idiot and should've kept pounding Peterson instead of having Favre chuck three INT's.

4. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Our running game has quietly been good. They're averaging 4.8 yards/carry as a team.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Those 145 yards were because AP is a great player. Those yards were more of a function of AP being the top 1-2 rb's in the league. It was not a function of good line play or poor run defense. Any other RB would be lucky to have 1/2 that yardage. Minnesota so far, is a shell of the team it was last year.

That is not a put down of the Fins, it is just fact at this point. Their D played very well. They (Fins) won in a tough building where they haven't won in a dogs age. Kudo's there, it will be interesting to see how bad the Vikings really are.......

If Favre is as monumentally bad as I think, they will be lucky to sniff 6-10.

#225 Miamipuck, Sep 25, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  6. FakeSpikeLOL

FakeSpikeLOL New Member

Fins = 31
    jets = 10

jets can't stop wildcat and the new wrinlkes henning will throw. Dirty sanchez will be lucky to scor 10 pts.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Are you talking about the wrinlke above hennings nose? it's called a vaginer

8. 624

624 Banned

We have allowed a combined 24 points in 2 games against teams with better offenses than the gay sharks, but the "Wildcat" and the Dolphins horrible offense will score 31?

:lol::lol::lol:

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

As someone who watched Brittfar for a whole season, you can bet that those throws were not the coach's idea.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Everyone in the free world picked the Pats last week too.

11. 2010LookinUP

2010LookinUP New Member

What's the spread?

I think it's going to be a close game, but Sanchez' late game INT allows the 'Fins to go into victory formation with a 4 point win.

12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've seen Miami -1

13. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Marshall?

[​IMG]
    ........................HEADSHOT!

14. twown

twown Well-Known Member

well played.

15. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

I don't understand how the combination of Greene/ Tomlinson is better than Ricky/Ronnie. Lt has had a few good runs but is non existent between the tackles and I won't mention what Greene has done so far this season.

Receivers are not equal either. The fins have the edge in this category considering the Fins have top talent at wr and a pretty good slot receiver in Bess. Noone is doubling any of the Jets wideouts, why?

The Fins have the better front 7, but the Jets have a better linebacker core. It's hard to make a call on the secondary due to both teams making plays. Revis is not playing so it's a toss up if you look at how both teams have played thus far.

Either way, the Fins might have the edge on paper, but I won't go as far to predict who will win. These games are always ugly and close.

16. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Its hard to gauge how 'good' the Phins are really.
    Played Minny, who look to be in a whole pile of spiralling shit.
    And the Bills , _____________(insert all negative comments here).

Whereas the Jets have played 2 potential SB teams in the Ravens and Pats, and despite playing poorly against the Ravens, still only lost by one point.
    If Sanchez and Co find some consistency, then I think its lights out on Miami.

Your trump card, (if you have one) is that its your first home game with 2 road wins under your fishy belts. The home fans will be pumped, so it should make for a good game.
    I'm not under-rating Miami at all, you can only beat whos put in front of you, but I also wouldn't be going gungho just yet either.

17. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

A Cromartie

18. Angel

Angel Member

Jets 27 Fish 10

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Comparing RB's to RB's and other positions against each other like that is a pretty meaningless thing to do. Greene and Tomlinson will not play against Brown and Williams.

Also, Tomlinson has done fine between the tackles.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Tomlinson and Greene have 267 yds on 50 touches
    Brown and Williams have 260 yds on 57 touches

Of that Greene has 87 yds on 22 touches and Williams has 92 yds on 28 touches. If we use your definition of non-existent then we would have to say Williams has been non-existent.

You also look at the Dolphins giving up 4.1 ypc rushing and the Jets giving up 1.8 ypc then the edge goes to the Jets. If they were going up against the same D I might give the Phins the slight edge but since the Fins have to go up against the Jets rush D they lose the edge.

As far as receiving, Keller has 128 yds and 1 TD to Marshalls 124 yds and 0 TD. Kellers YPC is also much higher. The teams having nearly identical passing stats overall but the Jets have more targets. Marshall may be the best receiver out there tomorrow but after that there is a big step down to the next receiving option.

On the Jets side Edwards is not a huge step down from Marshall and then the receiving options after him are Cotchery and Keller with Tomlinson coming out of the backfield. I would much rather that than Bess, Fasano and Brown.

Jets win 27-7