Sit Revis Until He's Healthy...Not Worth the Risk

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mickey Shuler 82, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Mickey Shuler 82

Mickey Shuler 82 New Member

It's time for saner heads to prevail...sit Revis until he's as close to 100% healthy as possible. Let Cro and Wilson go until Revis is back to his old self.

2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Any reports on how bad it is?

3. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

we need him against miami, not so much buffalo. if he can play next week, play him, then rest him for buffalo and minnesota if needed.

4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Who the fuck cares? Everybody was better when he was hiding in the locker room. Fucking punk.

5. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

I agree it's amazing how when Revis went out Cro played lights out. The one thing I dont like about Cro though is he always seems to be on the ground between slips and falls. Get the guy a good pair of cleats.

6. Mickey Shuler 82

This is an intelligent post, but fitting for your moniker.

If he was punking it, why did he dress to start, by your logic.

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

Pulled hammy via Rex

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Seems like when this team loses its Stars, the backups always stepup. That being said, suit up Revis but don't play him that much if at all. Let Cromartie and Wilson grow in the system over the next several weeks so that when Revis comes back, their level of play shouldn't see much drop off.

I have a feeling Revis Island is about to become Staten Island as teams will attack his side until his hammy issue clears up.

9. Borgata

Borgata Active Member

I don't think hes faking the injury. To me he is a punk because he didn't go to camp and ease into football shape like everyone else. I think this has a lot do with him just jumping in and playing regular season football without going through training camp and preseason football.

Rex was probably thinking a little more then we all thought with keeping Revis's assignment easy for week one.

10. Mickey Shuler 82

I hear you on that, and don't necessarily disagree. But that's water under the bridge at this point, IMO. So get him healthy, or it's a recurring issue all year.

Use this as fodder in the next negotiation.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

he choose to holdout on the team and he wasn't ready to go. some of us raised this as a concern during the holdout soap opera. sadly it proved to be prophetic. no joy in this, but that holdout was pure bullshit as far as i am concerned. he got paid, but wasn't ready to play football and he got burned today and now he is hurt.

12. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

this is football, injuries happen, and you cant say that this was because of his holdout. he was training the whole time.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Maybe sit him until Minnesota. We'll really need him in that game. Miami is going to get totally shut down by us next week. They haven't been in sync at all on offense this season and the Jets aren't going to let them run.

I'm thinking 31-3 Jets at this point.

14. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

Revis didn't get 'burnt' today.

Props to the Pats for getting to the line quick and to Brady for getting the play off quick as well.

The Jets defense had no idea what the fuck was going on and were confused as hell on the play. Revis let Moss go by him thinking he had safety help over the top, but again, no one on our side of the field knew what the fuck was going on.

Other than that all Revis gave up was a quick 3 yard pass to Moss for a 1st down. He had real good coverage on every other play he was involved in, and had 1 real good PD on Moss.

Just a damn shame that he aggravated his hammy overstriding as he tried catching up and getting his hands on Moss on the botched TD play.

15. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis got burnt on ONE play.

I'm confident that the Jets can play well without Revis against Miami, but I hope it isn't too serious.

16. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I think the Jets can play well against Miami without Revis. I hope they don't have to.

17. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

Carrying all that money is obviously too much for Revis' hammy

18. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

QFT. He was great in every play but that, and the whole defense was AWOL on that TD to Moss. If he's ready to go play him. He's been great.

19. grayburn

grayburn Member

Really? Really?? :pats_suck:

20. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Report on the post game radio show that Revis doesn't think he's playing next week.