Rex and Shotty altercation??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Sep 14, 2010.

1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I took issue with others and yourself already calling for the OC's head. Like I just said the offense looked great to start the year last year and then the wheels fell off. Right now I am gonna chalk this up to a bad game all around. Schotty looks like he called an awful game but Sanchez was worse than Chad with his quick check downs. I am working on the assumption that Sanchez is a good QB and that the offensive coaching staff hasn't been performing voodoo all off season to make Rex think they actually knew what they were doing.

If the offense puts up an equally pathetic performance next week I will gladly call for Schotty's head with everyone else. Until then it's a really awful performance that needs to be fixed.

2. DWest

DWest New Member

Time to take over the offense and get rid of Schottenheimer. Guy is a bum. Has no brass to take chances.

3. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Not necessarily, It could be a good thing and a way for them to get on the same page. We all saw the game and there is legit concern over both the use of green and the play calling.

4. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Rex is not a stupid man. He knows that Schottenheimer sucks.. he was pretty much forced to take him as his OC in year 1, and you can't fire the guy after the way the Jets finished the season.

But the facts are the facts.. Schotty sucks as an OC. No 300 yard passing games since 2006. Offense never finishing better than 16th. Favre and Pennington both flourishing the season after leaving Schittenheimer's evil clutches..

5. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

I doubt this happened. Just finished watching Rex's press conference today and Rex really doesn't feel the offense didn't do anything majorly wrong other than penalties -- they are sticking to ground and pound with some sprinkles of "throwing down the field more" in their future.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Maybe he beat some sense into him.

*rimshot*

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Someone read thejetsblog article.... :grin:

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

exactly. Some people can't grasp that.

9. ........

........ Trolls

I didn't call for his head. I don't think he should be fired. I said maybe he'd quit, the other option being for him to man the fuck up. I stand by those options. Man up, shape up, fix your problems, or get the fuck out.

Where do you think the quick checkdowns are coming from? That's coaching. The MASSIVE change in his approach to the passing game from last season signals a clear shift in his coaching.

10. ukilledkenny

Oh right I forgot there weren't two Ravens defenders coming at him as he slid.

This play and the Keller play seem to be the only two plays that anyone can talk about. The offense had much larger problems than coming up short on qb scramble. It wasn't worth going for the first down there because the offense should have been able to execute a drive without needing sanchez to plow through 2 defenders to get a first down at some other point in the game.

11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I really couldn't give a shit about some tweet from a degenerate gambler named Incarcerated Bob. I find it extremely funny that any of you do.

12. ukilledkenny

I think that Sanchez shit has pants last night. I would put the blame for the offense sucking just as much on him as Schotty. There were times last night when it seemed that he was feeling non existent pressure and dumping it off before he even took more than a glance down field. You can put some of that blame on coaching but at a certain point the player needs to man the fuck up and run the play the coaches called correctly.

13. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

haha yep.. i posted it in the Schotty thread. Everyone should read it.. real eye-opener. He's actually worse than I even thought.

14. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

Exactly. I don't want a QB running all over the field either. But if you're going to scramble don't get 6 fucking yards and slide when you need 7. Get the first down or try to convert with your arm.

15. 40yrpatsfan

40yrpatsfan Member

Ryan made a comment during the game "2 men in motion", when they called the big penalty on the completion to Keller. He said it calmly, but to me it was a barb at the OC. That was a huge penalty that you could say cost the Jets the game, and Ryan seemed to feel it was a coaching error.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Once he started scrambling he had what the defense gave him and he took it.

Trying to be the hero there in game 1 of his second season and getting seriously hurt would have been the worst possible thing that has happened to the Jets or could happen to them in the last/next decade.

It would have been "Same Ol' Jets" on steroids.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Remember Sanchez' comments on "Hard Knocks"?
    "Schotty this is easy, YOU SUCK"!

LET SANCHEZ CALL THE PLAYS!

18. ukilledkenny

See my above post for my opinion on Sanchez' decision making last night. That play was one of the few that I agreed with what he did. He didn't have anything down field and he saw that the Ravens were playing off so he tried to run for it. He could have tried to get the first there but in the first game of the season I would rather see him healthy with a chance to fix all the other shit that went wrong with the offense.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

You're a hoot. You don't care now that you've proven yourself to be a special kid.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Again, his checkdowns have been TERRIBLE since last season, but for entirely different reasons. Last year, to fix the way he'd hone in on his primary target on passing plays, they instituted that stupid little head fake/fake checkdown. This season, he's running a 2 second checkdown when passing plays take 3 seconds to develop. He's not just coming up with that on his own. He's being coached to do it. They need to find him some middle ground, and quickly.