Our offense/schottenheimer sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

I agree with the first part but disagree with the rest. LT played pretty well and the Jets averaged 5.5 ypc against the Ravens defense. The Jets lost yardage on only one running play as well. That being said, the Ravens are missing half their secondary and they never tested them.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Greene got benched for the equivalent of a half and finally got put back in for a passing play. Whoever made the call to throw him in for that one deserves an official reprimand from Woody, even if it was Rex. That last play with Greene was a fucked decision from the start.

3. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

We lost 10 - 9. There was no need to take chances. And letting Sanchez throw deep is taking a big risk. It's hard to call a great game when you're afraid of your QB.

The Jets are a defense and ball control team. Against a team like the Ravens you get an ugly game like this. In a game like this you can't make a lot of mistakes like the Jets did.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

They made a rule change recently where you're allowed to throw what they call a "forward pass". Everyone is doing it.

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Schotty sucks, many of us have been saying it for a few years now. He hasn't done anything to prove that he's a good offensive coordinator.

6. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I don't know how this man keeps his job, let alone thinking he could ever be an hc canidate. Anyway I'll bbl I need to go take a Schottenheimer.

7. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

not quite...word of the rule change hasn't reached Buffalo yet

8. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Either "bench" Sanchez or "fire" shotty. Rex make a decisision now. Some how we just can't use the sophmore jinx appology anymore. Flacco, who i begged to draft instead of Vernon, did not seem to have that problem. Heads have to roll on this one. Our D was lights out except that 1 TD. That suxed. Why we continue to have a 3rd quarter "melt down" is beyond me. We lose, is always in the 3rd right after 1/2 time. Are we giving the soft speach going into half? The 3rd quarter losses are killing us. Thats F(&&^%! iit has to be.This suxs. start Brad Smith now, Shit start my boy Brannell at least he is a tough SOB, at least we have a chance. Get some balls and make a "decision". Sanchez was not ready in pre-season and he is not ready now. F!@# I want to win now at all cost! Play the "best player" Come back to Saznchez in year 4. This is some F!@#$! up S!@#! WTF! Please excuse my french, but i'm pretty pissed off right now and you really don't want to see me at this present time. All the weapons and no one to use them. Shotty "you are fire"

#228 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  9. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

they're still trying to figure out how to get a phone line there. News has been sent via barge on the erie canal.

10. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

If your afraid of your QB then he shouldn't be your QB. He is either capable of being an NFL QB or he isn't. I watched alot of Great Chiefs defenses in the 80's with overly conservative offenses in many years and they went nowhere. Even the 85 Bears offense succeeded because it took chances and relied on the Defense to cover for the offensive misques. But when your running your offense so conservatively that it's consistantly going 3 and out your defense gets worn down and starts to feel that it can't allow any points at all if its' going to win.

You cannot play this type of offense and win in the NFL.

11. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

tou-che:up:

Too bad the Bills' front office still drinks from the Love Canal

12. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

i hope shotty is raped by an aids infected dick.

how thick headed are u to keep running the ball up the gut!

how about some playaction on 2nd down?

if your scared to let sanchez throw the ball then pack your bags and wait for 2012 season(2011 lockout)

we need another brusier back i wanted dixon who went to 49ers he been perfect for this team. can we get dan henning here as offensive consultant?

and old people score more than the jets offense does

13. MowTin

MowTin Active Member

I agree. Schotty sucks. This offense was not even CLOSE to ready to play. That's on Schotty.

But play calling wise he has his hands tied. If Sanchez had aired the ball out we would have lost 17 to 9 instead. We got a look at Sanchez in the shotgun at the end of the game. He's got nothing. I'm sure Sanchez was on YELLOW all day.

14. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

somebody fly gustoonarmy here from england to run jets offense

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

See, the way I see it is, let him take chances, at long as they're smart chances. Of course you don't want him throwing picks that are going to go the other way for TDs. However, any INT down the field isn't so terrible when you have such a great defense to cover for your mistakes.

16. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

I am so sorry about my mispellin and Sh$! I am really pissed right about now and yoy really would not want to see me about right now! I'm trying to pre appologize! Our 1st game at the "new" Meadowlands F@#! Kill!

#236 JETFIGHTERS, Sep 14, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  17. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

This is why I love Jetfans...you just don't find this kind of visceral hatred and unmitigated rage anywhere else:up:

18. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Would it be so fucking terrible to run a play action once in a while?? It's not like it worked really well in the playoffs last year or anything..

19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Breaking News: Buffalo distraught over news that recently active canal has been flooded.

20. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk: