Our offense/schottenheimer sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. dstewstar

dstewstar Member

It is probably a little bit of both. The announcers kept noticing that Sanchez would not the plays develop down field before throwing to his check downs. So that may be a product of play calling and being impatient.

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is one of the worst offenses i have ever seen from the jets. Fergit about an SB chance. that;s laughable with these clowns.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It made me long for the Bubby Brister led offense...

4. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

Given the past three years-plus of play calling - I have to blame Schotty. If I am wrong, then we are in far worse shape - using a top ten pick to draft a QB who is so timid that the opposing defense need not cover much more than 15-yards beyond the line of scrimmage.

The Jets never stretched the Ravens defense. As stated before, when the Jets threw for more than a five yard check down or dump - it was few and far between and an obvious situation (3rd & long) which only allowed the Ravens to unleash the hounds.

The Ravens defensive backfield is depleted and our offensive coordinator saw no need to actually challenge them and put the pressure on to them.

This was miserable. It's on Schotty's shoulders - unless the second year Sanchez is no wiser than the first year Sanchez. However, we are not ever going to do anything if our offensive coordinator thinks going deep on first or second down is a mortal sin.

In recent years, it isn't uncommon for a coordinator to find himself out of a job after the second or third week of the season. If I am Rex I read Schotty the riot act and give him a week to have his "balls drop" (as Rex likes to say) and actually have an offensive game plan that puts pressure on the other team's defense instead of providing them some relief in knowing Schotty is never going to call a play that actually might go down field early in the sequence. If Schotty sucks as much next week as he did tonight, he should be gone. Let Nacho call the plays at that point, or even Brunell. They can't be any worse than this gutless display tonight.

5. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Ed Reed is hurt and we don't test their secondary outside of the Keller play that was called back?

Defense and Special Teams performed admirably (in spite of losing Jenkins after the second series and the torrent of flags on Cromartie and Wilson), Offense needs a fucking wake-up call.

6. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

LOL.

Same Old Jets.

7. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Our offense sucking is being nice, Where horrid. Worse of the worse. I mean i understand the ravens are a good D but there not that fucking good in every single area.

8. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Vertical passing game? With this QB? That's not Schotty, that's a QB who is scared out of his mind to throw the ball more than 15 yards. At least Chad had courage.

9. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I don't care what their reasoning is. Someone please take him.

10. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

We lost by one point in a 10 - 9 loss. You would think it was 45 - 3 the way it was portrayed by the announcers. This game falls squarely on Shotty's shoulders. Sanchez did look like a deer in the headlights at times, but show some different formations to give the D something to think about. This was piss poor offensive game planning. Period.

11. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

That said, two parts of the offense issue here...one They're calling playes not to lose games and two Sanchez is so checking down way too quick...in short the offense is playing it overly safe and playing not to lose, the problem with playing that safe....you're not going to win.

12. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

With the level of expectations, you better believe this was one of the worst losses. Can this defense lead us to the promise land even with this shitty offense? Maybe if the secondary gets it together. But even the top defenses in history had SOME offense.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

how do we always end up with...

The QB and offense with no balls? Great ,we have another pussy qb who has a bit of a stronger arm. sign all the recievers you want. The qb and oc wont use them.

whatever. its early. blah blah blah. I feel like i did when i was 16 and thought i was going to get a killer 1st car,but ended up with the piece of shit that i could afford that needed a ton of work.

14. 624

624 Banned

oh.

filler

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Based on his play last season and his play in this game, the play calling HAS to be the problem. Sanchez wouldn't abandon the downfield passing if Schottenheimer didn't tell him to.

16. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

We wasted a first round pick on a QB that they want to use as a game manager. Let the kid take some chances. A INT or two is not much worse than punting 8+ times a game.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

thanks for this thread.

18. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

This is a good point. Did Schotty not see the potential in that play? Was he so blinded by the penalty that he failed to realize that Keller actually caught that fucking pass?

19. ........

........ Trolls

It's everything. Nothing was working for the offense tonight except LT. Shitty penalties, poor concentration, dropped balls from Greene, Keller, and Cotchery, and constant checkdowns from Sanchez. It was an all around shit performance.

20. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Not only that, but the dropped passes, the off-target throws, the immediate check downs, the predictable play calling, the poor blocking...it wasn't the Ravens D that was always the cause of that. This offense itself just isn't playing very clean at all.