Our offense/schottenheimer sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BroadwayRay

BroadwayRay New Member

Rex has to take a lot of responsibility for this. He doesn't pay enough attention to the offensive side of things -- we saw the same thing last year. He's too hands off. Remember the coaches talking about a lack of leadership on offense on Hard Knocks? I partly blame Rex for that. He's so concerned about the smash-mouth image of his defense the offense is an afterthought to him. In terms of attitude, spirit and aggressiveness, the Jets defense and offense are like night and day. The defense is a wrecking crew and the offense plays like a bunch of twerps.

2. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

I do feel bad for his father. He ain't getting his SB ring from his son.

3. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I wish someone would hire him as a head coach already and take him off our goddamn hands.

4. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Hey, with mediocre players and no playmakers on your offense what do you expect? What's LT going to do for you in the twilight of his career. The receivers are inconsistent, the TE is a joke and the O-Line looked like they just wanted to get off the field as soon as possible. As for Sanchez, his lack of talent and lack of football smarts really show against a top notch defense.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Ok you need to calm down its just one game. First game of the season. Sanchez didn't really have an opportunity. Penalties and questionable play calling let the ravens back in this game and that is ultimately why the game was lost. It will be fixed and the Jets will be ready for next week.

6. barkus

barkus Well-Known Member

you want to know how bad this offense was?? It was so bad it made me think that I wish hackett was back. now, excuse me while I go shoot myself in the face.

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I would think the moment in the 4th quarter where Sanchez snapped at Schotty about not having the right play should have sealed the deal. You pick now, either the OC or your young QB. Clearly the two of them are not on the same page despite two years of trying to get there.

And LG looks like a hole again which will make everything harder than it needs to be.

8. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We did not lose because Greene did not get carries. Lights came on and he peed in his pants.

9. al_toon_88

al_toon_88 Well-Known Member

Gonna go hang myself now.... out

10. Jets-jets-jets

Jets-jets-jets New Member

I've honestly never been more disgusted in a football game......Sure Cromartie had some major fucking problems and Wilson was disturbing.....But despite that, the defence gave them 7 or 8 chances to win this game.

And then Keller stepping out before the first down marker......Pathetic......No other word

11. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Paul Hackett-esque

The Jets are more afraid of their QB than the other team is. If you are not going to let this kid play, then whats the fucking point? If they are so afraid of letting him throw, then there is a lot of rethinking to do. And fatass big mouth better establish some discipline on this team. 125 yds in penalties? Mental mistake after mental mistake? Instead of playing grabass with female reporters and eating cheesburgers, maybe they should be concentrating on playing fucking football.

12. Nick6539

Nick6539 Member

"Were here to win the Super Bowl, like it or not here we come" haha..HA..HAHAHAHAHAHA..HAHAHHAHAHAHA. seriously Rex...get rid of schottinshitt.. ARE YOU READING THIS REX? FIRE HIM!

13. SteelCurtain96

SteelCurtain96 Active Member

Brutal offense to watch

I watched a game like this yesterday, but that was with Dennis Dixon making just his second start of his NFL career. I can understand conservative playcalling in our case.

What the hell was Schottenheimer doing? You have a banged up Ravens secondary and you guys took what.....1 MAYBE two shots down the field?

The only time I remember hearing Edwards name mentioned was on the running into the kicker penalty.

Cotchery had some key drops and Dustin "I don't know where the First down line is" Keller made one of the dumbest plays I've ever seen.

Your defense is amazing but sadly Even Amazing wasn't enough tonight.

Ugggghhhhh

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tomlinson was taking too many handoffs.

Either Greene should have gotten back in the game for RUNNING PLAYS earlier, or (cannot believe I'm saying this) Woodhead should have gotten on the field for some of those plays. The offense was definitely mismanaged, and RB and WR focus were part of that.

15. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Repeat after me:

CUT SCHOTTY ON THE FIELD

I am tired of the coaches getting to be so tough on the players, and then we have to put up with an idiotic, cowardly douchebag offensive coordinator such as Schottenheimer Jr. every time, for like 5 years.

He sucks. Get over it. Fire him. Give someone else a chance.

16. deef

deef Member

Game 1 of the season. We all had a swig of rex's koolaid, but apparently you're drunk on it. This is not the most disappointing loss, come on. I'm pissed too, but lets be reasonable. I'm not a fan of shotty, but let's face it, the O line did not step up tonight. You can't pin this all on Sanchez.

17. NY2MD_FS

NY2MD_FS Member

all i know is no one should even mention the SB word or even playoffs after this game.
    Our O took about 12 steps back tonight.

18. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

how bad are the Jets offense? We're making the Chiefs look good....it's only week one but if this trend continues this could go down as the worst offense in NFL history. But it's only week one....and hopefully it doesn't continue...I only have 3 more walls without holes in them.....;

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Why the hell does this guy think he deserves a head-coaching job? Don'rt you have to excel at something first?

20. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"I've honestly never been more disgusted in a football game."

I guess you haven't been a Jets fan that long. LOL.