Our offense/schottenheimer sucks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Sep 13, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I can't believe I'm saying this but our offense was more of a joke than the Bills was yesterday. Schotty has checkdown so ingrained in Sanchez' head that he doesn't even process the downfield routes.

Rex and Schotty need to have a serious conversation after this debacle.

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Weatherford should have pulled a Revis and held out.

3. djgray913

djgray913 New Member

Penalties or not, the playcalling was disgraceful. I don't care how stout the Raven's defense is, if Schotty is not bold enough to take a chance with the football then there is no way we are going to move the ball.

4. jets12

jets12 Active Member

Schottenheimer always was a joke and we will never win with him

It is really sad that we made the playoffs last year and did not get rid of this clown. He is horrible and called the worst game I have seen since the overtime loss to the Browns in the playoffs where Joe Walton played not to lose.

Where was Keller and Edwards, where were the screens to LT, why didn't we use Brad Smith more. This is not fair to the fans guys and where are your balls Rex. Going for that field goal early shows you are all talk and no action.

Sanchez, you are an not mature enough to be a leader and that showed up big time on Hard Knocks. You also are nothing special and have just lead the Jets to one of their most disappointing loss of all time.

5. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I am not a Schotty hater, but Goddamn if that wasn't the worst play-calling since Paul Hackett. One of the few times they went down field it was a long gain (negated by the Edwards penalty). I just do not understand why they didn't give Sanchez a chance to win. They have ingrained in him, this is his team....well dammit, let him WIN THE GAME.

VERY, VERY DISAPPOINTING!

6. MyFavoriteMartin5

MyFavoriteMartin5 New Member

Is it really sanchez, I think its really about the terrible playcalling of Rex and schotty. Let sanchez play.

He made a great throw to keller which was called back on a questionable illegal shift penalty.

This defense can survive a turnover or two, no defense can survive being on the field all game.

7. 624

624 Banned

Everyone said Sanchez spent all offseason learning the offense and he knows it so much better than last year.

I don't want him to be familiar at all with this shitty offense if Schotty keeps gameplanning like that.

8. Jets-jets-jets

Jets-jets-jets New Member

At least we know our punter is Super Bowl worthy.

9. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

my vote for sunshiner of the year goes to this man.

Can we also switch Hackett Blows emote with Shotty Blows?

10. 624

624 Banned

LT should not get more carries than Greene, ever.

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Offense sucked. It was embarrassing.

12. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

The last time a Jets offense got 6 first downs, the Coach quit. The Jets got 5 today.

CUT SCHOTTY ON THE FIELD.

13. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

Unbelievable play calling! Every year Schotty sucks but we still keep him. He is a joke and I feel like eventually the team will turn on him. We have a lot of talent on offense, even with a young QB. Sanchez throws a beauty to Keller in the beginning of the game (called back of course) and we barely throw more than 5 yards the rest of the game.

Nice Family Guy analogy by the way, that is the only thing that made me smile in the last few hours.

14. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Greene was clearly benched for fumbling TWICE in the game.. I don't blame them for that. In a game like that you can't be fumbling.

Schottenheimer is a disgrace for different reasons than that.

15. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

When are you guys going to realize he's a shitty cordinator. He should be working at a barnes & Noble.

16. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

sanchez is check down happy. you could see he was uncomfortable standing in the pocket. so far thru preseason and this first game sanchez may understand the offense and know it much better but he's not an improved qb, as far as actually making reads and am showing poise.

rex certainly can coach up a superbowl worthy defense, but he's over his head with the offense. predicting superbowl with this quarterback is foolish. sanchize has a long way to go before he's an nfl caliber qb. and thats still a big if. he needs to get back that confidence he had during the playoffs last year.

it's time to open up the offense and find out what the jets have with this qb, is he or isn't he an nfl qb.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

another lurker comes out of the shadows to make a venting thread. How fucking shocking.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Did you watch the game? This has to be the most idiotic statement made tonight. And theres been plenty

19. 624

624 Banned

If this keeps up Schottenheimer is going to ruin Sanchez's development.

20. Willie WhiteShoes

Willie WhiteShoes New Member

Rex to Schotty: "I if you want to get fired from this team, keep calling games that way. You'll end up like your old man. A LOSER. I'll fire your ass way before then. Think you'll be a candidate for an NFL head coaching job then?"