The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I work in IT up here in Canada....if some guy gets hired into my dept with less experience but a higher salary.....the first thing i'm going to do is raise the issue with my superiors and ask for an increase in salary....if i don't receive it...then i will look for other employment.

Revis essentially did the same thing.....except he held out instead of looking for other employment.

So tell me, Abdul.....if you were a senior person at your place of work, and they hired a junior under you with a higher salary....you'd be okay with that? The junior guy is doing less work and has less responsibility, yet, he's getting paid more......

The point i'm trying to make is.....you can guys can question Revis's loyalty, call him selfish and whatnot....but if you were in his position....you'd most likely do the same thing.....and if you wouldn't, you're either lying to yourself or you're retarded.

#12481 MBGreen, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  2. IATA

IATA Trolls

BUT ITS A TEAM SPORT! I'LL PUT MY TEAM AHEAD OF MYSELF.

fuck that. I'd spit in the little punks face and get a new job.

3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Revis is dreamy. <3

4. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

5. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i find it funny that people are so quick to stone Revis in the town square for his holdout fiasco.....yet, 99% of the stone throwers would do the EXACT same thing if they were in Revis's position.

I know I would.

The one thing I will give the darksiders....is that Revis's agents are a bunch of douchebags...and probably prolonged the holdout for their personal gain (this is total speculation mind you). I mean...Rex flies down to Florida....and BAM!...deal is done? That was pretty quick...considering the stalemate lasted 36 days. I think Revis should've stepped in and said something to his agents weeks ago.

6. IATA

IATA Trolls

Agreed agreed agreed. Not a single person wouldn't fight for what they feel they deserve, unless they're a scum-sucking pussy. Apperently tho, we have a grip of those around here.

It's easy to say you'd accept $1 million when no one wants to give it to you.

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

It was pretty pathetic. Both him visiting a player's Grandma and laughingly taking a small credit for ending the holdout. They were laughing at Cimini at his press conference the way you laugh at a fat boy who can't finish walking around the track once. Sad.

9. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Mangold didn't.

Harris isn't.

Nnamdi didn't.

It's clearly about the agent's...read between the lines...Rex went to his house here, when he thought Revis was in town.

They've been trying to track the guy down, and who the hell would he have been hiding out from....disgruntled Jets fans?

You can do that in Aliquipa. As I said earlier, if you do read between the lines back to the infamous liar episode..keeping Revis away from the Jets has been part of the strategy.

Right after that...media blackout.

Why? Because eventually Revis is going to see Rex and Woody reaching out....They probably had him driving out to western PA before the left that Diner.

#12489 Hobbes3259, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  10. IATA

IATA Trolls

Crazy media people who are trackign down his every movement and harrasing his family and friends at home, presumedly.

11. nyy486

nyy486 New Member

Irrelevant
    Irrelevant
    and Irrelevant

Nnamdi, Mangold, and Harris are all on expiring contracts, they have to wait, at most, 1 season to get their payday. The team has much more incentive to give them a new contract, if they want to keep them around past the season. Revis had 3 years left, if they negotiated and had any difficulties, Tanny could easily just say screw you, play out your contract. This was the only way Revis had to maximize the chances that he gets a deal that he sees fair.

12. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm curious to know at what point the agents got involved when Rex & Woody showed up. Did Rex just ring his doorbell, talk to him, and say now call your agent - or did Rex ring his bell and Revis told him, hold on I need to call my two stooges first

13. Hobbes3259

A fair reading of the account seems to indicate that Rex was back in Florham Park before the real negotiations happened.

So.

Rex flies to Miami. Gets the door opened.

Flies home, agree upon parameters are hammered out

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I agree. This team will be tired and might lose a game they shouldn't due to the short weeks. I've seen it happen to other teams, so it can happen to the jets.

15. Hobbes3259

Please tell me you're a network guy.

16. Hobbes3259

There ought to be a league rule against more than 2, unless the third occurs in concert with a bye week.

17. ........

........ Trolls

It's worth mentioning that Revis said today his workout scheduled mirrored the Jets. In other words, he ran two a days and tried to keep up with team conditioning, as anyone with a brain should have expected. He'll be fine.

18. joe

joe Well-Known Member

From your lips to Flacco's arm. But aside from coverage duties, I hope Darrell's in hit/tackle shape come next Monday night as well.

19. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Yeah - I guess you'll look at Revis' salary as $6.5 million/year in 2012. You know better than this.

20. Hobbes3259

Not exactly the way Rex portrayed in his press conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.