The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Funny, I totally read over him talking about other corners getting $20 million contracts and his argument still sucked.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Wow people are touchy :) Sorry to interrupt the Darrelle returns love fest, but you should be happy we're good for at least 2 years no matter what happens

You don't have to take me seriously, you only need to look at Revis's track record. He's got major pride insecurities. He works his tail off to perfect his trade and when he know's he's the best CB and other guys are getting better money, he's going to want that too. If other guys aren't getting better money, there's nothing to worry about.

Now let's get a god damned snack bitches! :breakdance:

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

The sheer entertainment value of people ignoring that Revis had a one-handed INT in his first practice of the season, two months after everyone else had already been working together, just to argue about his next contract cannot be overstated.

This is why God hates Jets fans.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The heretics are just another test of faith for the true believers...

5. ukilledkenny

I expect to hear news like that about Revis so I wasn't getting too excited about it. Since I heard he was signed I have not had one second of concern about how his skills have held up.

6. 624

624 Banned

So I guess Cromartie said Revis is back to his normal self and had a 1-handed int at practice.

7. ........

........ Trolls

I was pretty surprised that didn't get more attention when I posted it in the twitter thread. Maybe some people don't want him to be in shape so they can feel right. I keep hearing the warning "well, we still have to see if he hurts his hammy!" Why the fuck would anyone choose to focus on that?

8. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Tells you how awful Sanchez is. Damn..No sense in even playing the season now....!

9. ukilledkenny

SOJF mentality. I have to yell at my dad for being a pussy about this stuff sometimes so I think I kind of understand where it comes from. Some people have gotten their hopes up so many times that they now think it is better to keep their expectations in the gutter so that pretty much anything is better than what they were anticipating. It is annoying but I guess it helps people guard against their own emotions.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

*looks over in Hobbes' direction*

11. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. All players are subject to injury. It's not like there's some guarantee that if you play all through mini camps and preseason that you will not get injured.

But the part about posters wanting him to not be in shape... Let's not go there.

12. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Merge thread with Darrelle Revis House of Worship?

...nah. the man deserves two threads.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Pussy Same Old Jets Fans.

They don't want a SB.... So they won't get one.

Puck's sig is beyond true- fans are bitching about the bag of 20's they found because it's not a bag of 50s

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The Church stands alone

15. Hobbes3259

Because 40 years of watching both Football and Baseball (you see it alot with players rehabbing from other injuries) gives rise to the concern.

No one wants him to get injured, but holdouts do have that propensity.

Even lardass Fatcessa raised the issue.

16. Hobbes3259

It happens. Anyone with a bit of historical perspective would admit that.

That's very different than hoping it happens.

17. ukilledkenny

well if Francessa brought it up that changes everything!:breakdance:

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't get it myself. Every single player is at risk of a major injury every single time they step onto the field. I think ukk is right though, that it's more an ingrained function of SOJ that causes it. As though no good situation can ever occur without an equal and opposite reaction.

I'm just happy the guy is back and immediately making his presence felt. Imagine how his teammates must feel seeing him walk back into a scrimmage and right away picking off a pass. Clearly he's been staying ready for his return and not being a Haynesworth.

In the end this whole thing played out better than anyone could have hoped. I'm just going to enjoy it.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

any player can get injured at any time.....ask Steve Smith if he wished he didn't play that flag football game earlier in the summer.

You're saying that Revis should retain the "Mevis" moniker, in your opinion, unless he stays healthy till week 4......which is one of the most absurd statments i've read on this board.

And Fatcessa is a fucktard of epic proportions.....I would take the opinion of a dead corpse before I'd listen to what he thought about anything.

20. ........

........ Trolls

Prove it. Give me examples. I'll even get you started with Andre Smith, even though he was fat and out of shape when he showed up late and injured his foot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.