The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Interesting blurb about the contract getting done.

That's pretty cool being able to fly your own packages at will, lol.

Here is the rest, nothing new just a new article. http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2010/09/deal_for_jets_darrelle_revis_e.html

2. Kenny

Kenny New Member

No 13 mill is against skill 13 is against injury so he covered himself

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

The FO has a better idea than anyone on this board about whether this contract is the best thing for the Jets. These guys were in the negotiations, they know all the details, and ultimately they have a good track record with this team. If they are good with it, so am I (not that anyone in the FO should give a shit about my opinion). I'm not sure why we can't just sit back and enjoy that the Jets are looking good for this year.

4. mystikol

mystikol New Member

If we wanted to do that, we wouldn't come to a message board.

5. ........

........ Trolls

As of right now, between 2012 and 2013, it's 13 million one year guaranteed against skill, and 13 million another year against injury. However, at the beginning of the next year of play, an option bonus kicks in that guarantees the full amount against BOTH injury and skill. In other words, they couldn't guarantee against both right now, but they can after a CBA is reached.

The kicker that people are ignoring is that the option bonus isn't designed to throw 32 million at him in the first two years. It's designed to shift guaranteed money so that it becomes fully guaranteed. He'll have to get through this year healthy, and he'll have to play out the first 4 years of the contract if he expects to keep that money. He can't hold out after two years and keep his $32.5 million.

6. bojanglesman

There's plenty of fun to be had in here without doing that. We could:

-bash shitty players
    -praise good players
    -bash shitty posters
    -make fun of stupid posters
    -chase trolls from other teams out

Too much fun to have otherwise.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Week 2 is going to be huge.

I'd like to see Cro on the outside against Moss, Wilson on whoever is left, and have Revis strand Welker on Revis Island.

I'm really curious as to what the coverage scheme is going to be...

Moss can get you on a long one, but Welker keeps the offense on the field.

8. ........

........ Trolls

You lost me when you said the Jets would play primarily zone without Revis.

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

No, Moss is still the best receiver on that team, and Revis should cover him. Kyle Wilson will do fine covering Welker.

10. ........

........ Trolls

Putting Revis on Welker would be a waste. Revis covers Moss, Welker draws the double with a corner underneath and one of the hard hitting safeties over the top to punish him when he makes the catch.

11. bojanglesman

The small, quick WR gives Revis more trouble than the big guys. Probably would be better off having Revis shut down Moss, let the other guys handle Welker. Welker is going to be a thorn in the Jets' side no matter what. I'd rather it be just him that him and Moss.

12. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

This thread has been going for 39 days and has 12,391 posts, an average of 317.71 per day. Mental.

13. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Yes. I did overlook the Pool for Sherry swap....

Wilson throwing him into the Pool would be nice.

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Couldn't disagree more. I've said in a previous post a while back, but Revis needs to sit on Welker. Moss can be handled with a double-team, but Welker in the slot is not so easy. Just look at the last Pats/Jets matchup, where (IRRC) we had Revis on Moss the whole game and Welker lit us up.

15. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

We tried this last game and it failed miserably. Welker is now their biggest threat, not for the long ball, but for his quick routes and his ability to get up the field fast.

With Moss, you protect against the deep ball, not against receptions. With Welker, you protect against receptions.

16. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Yeah.. against Dwight Lowery. Now we have Cromartie and Wilson available to cover him.

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Wilson has not been tested yet. We still don't know what his skill will look like in this league against some of today's slot receivers.

Saying Wilson will easily cover Welker is incredibly arrogant and naive considering no one has even game planned to take advantage of his inexperience yet. And we all know BB will do this.

18. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

you gotta leave revis on moss. moss is not very physical, so a guy who can get physical like revis does will throw him off big time. leave cro and his crazy speed on welker with safety help.

19. ........

........ Trolls

And Revis can't go nearly as far towards neutralizing him as he can Moss. Between Wilson and our hard hitting safety trio, Welker will be in good hands. Welker is banged up. I want an extra defender on him who is going to punish him after the catch. Using Revis AND a safety is a complete waste. I'd much rather see Cromartie on him for the coverage and Smith/Ihedigbo/Pool over the top for the hit. Shift Wilson outside onto Tate/Edelman.

20. ........

........ Trolls

No one will cover Welker easily. Not even Revis. He merits a double, which makes having Revis even more important because you don't have to double Moss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.