The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's no realistic holdout possibility after two years. If Revis does that then the 3 extra years kick in and the Jets just sit back and let him retire. If he plays out the 4 years he's free and clear to get whatever he can on the market.

The incentive for him to play those two years is the difference between retirement and cutting his best possible deal at 28, the year Asomugha cut his.

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

"We have to go back!"

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Bingo Bongo Boom (head shot)

4. ........

........ Trolls

Excellent point as well.

5. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

It's so funny that almost all the faggots that were calling him Mevi$ have shut the fuck up.

6. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You could have made almost this exact same argument this year too. I think what Iggy said makes a lot more sense.

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Assuming Revis plays out the 4 years and is out on the market, would he be an RFA in which the jets would get compensated with draft picks?

8. ........

........ Trolls

No. It's possible they put no-tag clauses in his contract again. Otherwise, he could be franchised.

9. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Classy. Usually the ones calling other faggots are closet faggots themselves. Mevis transformed himself into Revis by signing. If he had chosen to sit out the year, a real possibility, he would still be Mevis. Is that too hard for you to understand???

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I read that somewhere, he can not be franchised. I think it was Manish

11. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

It's funny how faggots can be overly-sensitive.

12. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

There is no CBA for the future so who knows, but odds are that a 7 year vet will not be an RFA.

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Enough already. The Revis hold out was a long, drawn out, omnipresent, emotional issue for an emotional Jets fanbase that came into this preseason with very high hopes. It caused a range of opinions from all of us on this board from when or if he was coming back to whether he deserved the money and how much to whether the hold out was hurting the team or not.

There is no right answer here. There is no need for you to gloat and act like you predicted something earth shattering by saying he would be in camp before game one.

Some Jets fans have the right to hold the opinion that Revis was wrong to hold out of training camp and that it was a greedy, selfish thing to do. Some fans are justified in stating that his hold out made them think less of him. Why is that any different than the differing opinions we hold as to players all the time, be it Namath or O'Brien or Pennington or Rhodes or Washington.

If you can't see that the hold out fed into the frustration of Jets fans , some of whom have been literally waiting 41 years for a championship, then you don't understand the fan base.

So it is time to stop your stalking of other posters, looking back on this board for posts they made that expressed legitimate opinions that differed from yours. Stop calling people out and being an internet bully. Stop acting like you did something momentous here that makes you superior to others. I don't get what the gloating is all about anyway. Just what did you do, or what opinion did you hold, that gives you the right to ridicule other posters for expressing and holding a different opinion? What great thing did you do here that resulted in you prancing around this thread for the past 22 hours like a girl in a new dress saying look at me.

Am I forced to like what Revis did just because he is now in camp? Am I forced to consider him my favorite Jets player? Do I have to cheer him on Monday night like he is some returning hero? Am I prohibited from cheering if and when he intercepts a pass because I have been critical of him here? Who made these rules? You? I don't know what you are trying to prove by all of this "let's go back and call out those who said _____" stuff. Grow up.

I don't think his hold out was right. That is my opinion. I don't think it helped the team to have this distraction for months. That is my opinion. I did not think this hold out was going end in a good way. That was my opinion. I find it hard to believe that Revis could not have this deal 3 months ago and avoided all this BS. I think he pulled a Favre in some ways and avoided training camp while his teammates bashed each other for hours a day in the heat getting ready for the season.

Let's move on and enjoy what we all hope will be a great season and stop this nonsense. I'm sure if I had nothing better to do with my life, I could go back and search your posts and find a few dozen where you were completely wrong with regard to what you thought would happen.

14. ........

........ Trolls

^ I didn't call out everyone who had the wrong opinion. I called out a few (very few) people for the way they acted while throwing that opinion about. If you can't see why you were one of those people, then I'll add oblivious to your growing list of glowing attributes.

And to think, you used to be a good poster. It's a shame so many of us are having a good laugh at your expense now for the fraud you've become.

EDIT: And BTW, you did plenty of calling people idiots for having a different opinion of yours. Don't come back and suggest you're all for an equal and open sharing of opinions. It's fine if you want to belittle people for having an opinion you consider wrong, but again...why would you be surprised when people toss it back?

#12314 ........, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

As others have said,

I got me popcorn and me beer.

Let the show begin.

16. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

It seems to me, the difference from this time is that his new motivation to finish 4 years is to become an UFA. Didn't have that option this time.

17. mute

mute Well-Known Member

because he has now signed.

18. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you really this stupid?

Revis was looking for his payday....a payday, mind you, that he earned and deserved. I don't give a fuck about his current contract either....that salary was bunk compared to what other elite CBs were earning. It was a shitty process...but he did what he had to do.

That "Mevis" garbage is fucking retarded...much like the so-called bandwagon fans that chose to call him that...during this holdout.

#12318 MBGreen, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  19. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Agreed 100%.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.