The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

Did they just say on ESPN (Sal Pal)that Tanny had looked into trading him before the deal got done? I was under the impression they were looking to trade FOR another corner, not to trade Revis. That's surprising they were considering it.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Well it's finally over and it's game week starting today. Glad Revis is done and now it's time to focus on the Ravens.

3. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

And I think they would have.....if Schwartz/Feinsod weren't involved.

4. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

600 pages of revis bashing wasnt enough? you talk about bashing the fanbase? how about all of the bashing of one of our players!?, not someone who is a waste of a roster spot, but easily our best player...all the revis hate is not deserved, but youre right...its over, time to start the quest for the superbowl!!!

5. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (REVIS SIGNS!!!!)

Meh, it was a fun discussion, and a whole lot of people look like idiots. Can't count how many times I was called one for insisting he'd be back by the middle of this week.

6. egelband

egelband Well-Known Member

7. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (REVIS SIGNS!!!!)

No way. There wouldn't have been any trade talks for Revis this season. Period.

8. supersonic

supersonic Well-Known Member

I think he will since he will have a shot at another big pay day. He negotiated the same way in his rookie deal and he always played well.

9. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

JetsKvetch

#Jets kind of sort of shopped Revis to #Cowboys and #Eagles earlier this weekend. Seems Florida trip was make or break. #NFL

10. ........

........ Trolls

"Kind of sort of"? Sounds like bullshit to me. There's no way he would have been traded this season, just like there's no way he would have held out into the season.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Welcome home.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

it was a fun discussion about 2 weeks ago....but after the same arguments got regurgitated about 30x since then....it got annoying.

And yes...you were one of the few believers that thought Revis would be back before week 1....kudos, bro.

13. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Our guess (and it's just a guess) is that the Jets opted not to cut one of their cornerbacks before finalizing the Revis agreement -- and that one of the six cornerbacks will be getting the heave-ho today so that Richardson can be re-signed. Look for the Jets to get a short-term roster exemption for Revis, so that they can figure out in the next day or so who else needs to go so before activating Revis in time for Monday night.

Coleman! Coleman!

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I LOVE REVIS!!! :beer: I USED TO HAVE A BOWL CUT! :beer: REVIS ISLAND IS BACK! :beer:

What time did all this break by the way?

15. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Well, it is a relief to see this situation resolved, and it looks like both sides got a decent deal out of it. It still annoys the hell out of me that this guy felt he needed to hold out to get a deal. I've lost some respect for him through this, but I'm still glad he's on our team. We are a much better team with him than without him.

Now we can get on to the next drama... like the T-Rich crisis... :breakdance:

16. ........

........ Trolls

About 9:30 PM PST. My wife and I were watching Hot Tub Time Machine when I got the tweet and said "Yeah, I'm not going to be able to finish this."

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

a little bit after midnight last night.

18. ........

........ Trolls

There is no next drama. Our team looks great going into the season, and TRich may be back today. The best part? 3 of the core four are now signed, and Harris will get full attention just as soon as we can deal with him.

19. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

For all of you who said just pay him $16M a year, shame on you for not having faith in our FO and HC.

We saved a shitload of money and gave him a fair contract. He even came in under the $12M a year price many of us were expecting to be the best senario possible. Now with the money saved we can resign Harris before the end of the season.

If Revis would have came to the table at the start and said I want $46-48M over four years he would have been signed long ago. That highest paid defensive player shit cost him a lot of practice and hurt out defense by forcing Wilson and Cromartie to play out of position. He better play lights out come Monday night!

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Leave it open until Revis has played a couple games. Seriously this is the most disfunctional forum site on the interwebs, people have the attention span of a retarded hamster and can't keep readng a thread for more than a day. 75% of people here have permanent brain damage from this thread being open longer than a week haha

_

#12120 GordonGecko, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.