The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think there will be less animosity, considering the team signed Ferguson and Mangold in the meantime.

Either way, the long Jets national nightmare is over.

2. milo

milo Well-Known Member

I almost hit it on the nose. Back at 4,500 posts I said 12k before he signs. which is enough.

Mods burn this hellhole down!!!!!!

3. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

The best part is that this holdout has allowed Wilson to get a shitload of reps so he'll be in a better place than he would have been.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

No the best part is we didn't get destroyed financially or cap-wise so we can sign Harris, Holmes, Cromartie (?) and whomever else after this season as well.

5. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

where did all the Mevi$ and fuck revis go? ive backed revis this whole time and ive said that all that mevi$ and fuck revis stuff was bullshit...#24 is back and will be a jet forever...i cant wait for his press conference and hard knocks and when he shuts down everyone...all the mevi$ sayers will get back on his bandwagon, if they arent already

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I was just telling my brother the same thing. There really are no negatives to this news.

Well, except for Richardson.

7. ess-dog

ess-dog New Member

Thank you Mr. Revis!!!

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I said it from day 1....there was no need to panic unless Revis wasn't on the field for week 1.

The 9th disciple known as MBGreen...stayed true to the gospel according to #24.

Praise Be.

9. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

You have to wonder if Revis will be the same player and is committed to getting better. He's proven he is only motivated by one thing...$$$...and he has that now.

Thankfully the deal is only for four years. I'm 50/50 on whether he will be a Jet-for-life.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

on the 7th day he rose from the ashes........ and the avatar sees another season. :breakdance:

11. NickLJ

NickLJ Member

Got to say I don't like the the way Revis went about getting his contract, but thrilled he's now signed. Can't wait to see how the defence plays with him there.

12. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i think he will be fine. we all know he has been working out and staying in shape the whole time. he needs to adjust to game speed (which for a guy like him shouldnt be an issue), and will be fine.

13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

its pretty stupid to call out your own fanbase. both sides of it had a point and the right seeing how it is the fans money that pays him. he signed,im sure everyone is happy with that so let it go.

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I was right there with ya bud. It always made no sense for Revis to sit out the year.

I was just beginning to question my belief in Revis Christ but he has shown me the path once again.

15. He also would probably be more motivated by the fact that it is the four-year deal. If he signed the 10-year megadeal, I'd be more concerned about his motivation. But he still has one more big contract waiting to be signed in his career.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

i had numerous discussions with other posters (including a few mods) regarding the Revis situation....I told them that I wasn't going to reach for my torch and pitchfork unless he didn't show up week 1....

Whining and crying during the holdout before week 1....was a wasted and retarded effort.

To be honest...this thread should be bronzed....so we can view the fucktards who didn't believe for future laughs.

17. BlairThomas#1

BlairThomas#1 New Member

It wasn't about him being in shape, it was about him being motivated to be the player he was / can be.

It seems like his priorities are 1) money, 2) money, 3) individual accolades 4) football, 5) team

18. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

ESPN-

"With Revis still in Florida, Tannenbaum negotiated by phone with the cornerbacks' agents, with Johnson available on speaker phone. Asked to describe Ryan's reaction when the deal was finalized, Tannenbaum said, "I think I had to medicate the head coach.":rofl::rofl:

19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It's a good deal all around. Revis gets some guarantees, a huge raise and the chance to put himself back on the market after the new CBA has totally shaken out. The Jets get Darrelle Revis prime at an affordable price.

This is the deal they should have come to in March.

20. milo

milo Well-Known Member

This is gonna be the most rediculous Hard Knocks episode ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.