The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That depends on whether or not their draft picks/FAs keep hiring them. Teams cannot really shut out agents for being assholes. Otherwise Rosenhaus wouldn't have a career.

2. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Haha I could imagine him saying either of those lines.

3. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

If the Jets have a clear cut highest player on the board when they pick who is represented by these guys, I am sure they will.

If it'ts even close, no way.

That said, lets not forget, the agents work for the player, not the other way around.

If Revis wanted to take the 10/120, this would be long done. If they did not cooperate with his wishes, Revis fires them in 2 seconds flat and gets an agent who will get it done.

Lets not blame the agents here, its the player, period.

4. jetsons

jetsons Well-Known Member

Let Mevi$' ass rot, hold onto his rights, he still owes the Jets 3 yrs no matter how long he decides to sit on his ass...when he's in his early 30's & his career & aspirations of becoming a Super Bowl Champion & Hall of Famer have gone up in smoke maybe he can work @ his fat uncle's carwash & brag about the good ol' days.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

And blasphemous to boot... I said all along worshiping that thread was going to be this teams undoing. Now Mevi$ thinks he deserves more money than God... I rest my case. :breakdance:

6. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That may be true, although they would have to come up with acceptable compensation to the Jets as well.

But my initial response was to the idea that "He may not get as much as the Jets are willing to give him".

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

S&F are making Rosenhaus look like Mother Teresa right now.

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Listen to Tom Hagan

"Sonny this business not personal."

Enjoy the season. None of this materially effects our lives. We want to see the Jets win but so much can happen. If the Jets do not make the Super Bowl this year I have it on good authority that when the NFL starts up again the Jets will field a team.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

ha, the entire thing is tongue in cheek and a huge fucking joke not to be taken seriously, and has been played up just for the hell of it.

The Spivey thing was taken too seriously by some.

Bad comparison.

10. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Tanny prepared to move forward, 8 days til MNF)

It's true. He reads this board daily, and it provides him with his entire self-estimation.

11. 624

624 Banned

This made me remember the term "He's a Mangini guy"

ugh

12. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Wouldn't be the first time TGG was guilty of deciding the Jets fate... would it? :breakdance:

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't find it funny in any way and think it is in poor taste. I know I'm not the only one who thinks that way.
    I wish the guy had a surname like Carter or Johnson or Smith.

14. perfectpackage99

i think Timing is important, even if he comes back he'll need some time to get his timing back, game is probably goign to move too fast for him initially, he hasn't practice, hasn't been involved in any snaps, our first 3 games tough as hell, doesn't look good imo

15. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

His timing could be a little off, but I figure it's the same as coming back from an 4 week injury and then playing in the next game. At least Revis has been working out.

16. Every other player in this league has worked hard and been dedicated. There are plenty of guys w/ ridiculous physical talent sitting at home or playing Arena ball b/c they don't have any personal drive. But not every player in the league makes ridiculous contract demands, fakes injuries in mini camp,bashes the front office to the media and hides behind his sleazy agents.

Revis is all about himself. Yes to a certain degree the NFL is a business...but it's also a team game. A team game that is grossly stimulated by the fans. Revis has forgotten that fact. He'd rather look good in the eyes of his failure of an uncle , and his money grubbing tool of a friend Ty..than be w/ his teammates and give back to the fans that already pay his lucrative salary.

17. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

revis is selfish

120 million is more then fair

i hope the jets dont cave here and trade him

they need to stand pat and tell him take 3 yrs off or take are fair deal

18. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

and it's not just take 3 years off, it's take a career off...he isn't just a free agent in 3 years...he is property of the jets until he plays his contract.

19. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

If/when he comes back, he better play at LEAST as well as he did last year or be prepared to catch unbelievable shit every time he gives up a long play or a touchdown or anything. With this holdout, and the money he will get, the expectations are going to be unreal. But he put himself in this position.

20. rex2009

rex2009 Banned

Poor taste is standard procedure on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.