The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I wonder if we would be allowed to send Jenkins to negotiate with Revis' agents.

2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

So exactly how much sense does THAT make?

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

That the best defensive player in football last season will get a crap-ton of money from another team?

4. ukjetsfan

I see what you did there, and I like it!

5. ukjetsfan

But not as much as the Jets would have given him?

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

TGG TIME MACHINE

Let's go back to August 15, 2007, when it was first reported that Revis signed his rookie contract.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=23664

If we learned anything from this thread, it's that Sinjz is retarded and KOZ used to wear earrings.

#11406 BadgerOnLSD, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  7. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

So glad I never bought a Revis Jersey

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

some posters never change

9. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

He comes back week 7 on the current contract his fines will be more than what he would make for the rest of the year so no way he comes back to risk injury.

I am pretty sure the amount he would make next year is no longer the $5 million it would have been since he held out.

Edit: Why wouldn't they exercise 2 more years at $15.7? He would be playing for his next contract in those 2 years so he wouldn't be dogging it.

#11409 The Waterboy, Sep 5, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
  10. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Trade his ass to the fucking rams for a 1st and 2nd rounder and a player. Hell be 30 years old and his best record will be 6-10 while the jets are winning championships. I actually thought this guy was pretty smart, but goddamn this whole thing has shown how dumb he really is.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (Tanny prepared to move forward, 8 days til MNF)

He might have a chance to cover Clowney now so keep your fingers crossed. Lol

12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

Yea, he may not realize it yet, but he just fucked up really bad.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm willing to be teams will be offering him a contract for greater than what the Jets were offering if they are willing to trade for him.

14. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

"Through timely contract negotiations and providing endorsement opportunities, our firm’s primary goal is to maximize our Player’s worth. We can accomplish that goal by maintaining a close relationship with the Player, as well as educating him on the inner workings of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Furthermore, another objective is to ensure that the lifestyle that a Player grows accustomed to while playing football will be maintained long after his playing days are over. As we all know, a career in the NFL (Not For Long) is very short lived."

Yeah, I'd say 3 years is pretty short lived for a player who was a starter the whole time.

15. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

"Get the fuck out the negotiations Feinsod! This is my shit!

[​IMG]

16. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

Sure, lets say he sits out this year, and next year the new CBA lowers the cap.

Now the Jets cannot even offer him what they are now, and neither can another team.

As long as a new team is willing to go higher than what the Jets are willing to do at that point, he goes.

That is the only way that happens.

17. JFToLong

JFToLong Banned

That depends on your perspective, and his.

I think he fk'd up his Jets career, that is just about done.

But I don't think he ruined his, he will get a monster contract, that is for sure.

This is why to me, regardless of the outcome of this, even if he signs this week, I am no longer a Revis fan, period.

I would root for him to do well, but will boo him every chance I get, and will bring signs to the games showing my displeasure for him.

What he showed me is he could care less about the team, the fans, his teammates, he only cares about himself.

Thats fine, his life not mine, but its my choice to boo the crap out of the SOB every chance I get.

18. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't know if this has been said yet in this never ending thread, but.....do the Jets ever deal with the Schwartz/Feinsod combo again? They've had numerous problems with these two asshats in the past, and it's not only the Jets. These guys try this shit with a lot of other franchises, as well. I know they're just trying to maximize their clients worth, and thus, their own worth, but this isn't the first time, not the second time, and certainly won't be the last. I just don't know if it's prudent, or worth it frankly, to deal with any of these guys' clients again.

19. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

This shirt too tight. This contract too big.

[​IMG]

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

come to think of it, im surprised some players don't become agents post playing. Some of them would probably be pretty good at it. Obviously they would need some legal assistance for some parameters, but money is money, and those greedy guys should be able to argue for some extra dough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.