The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i guess we all agree that revis is in no way a team player, since he is trying to sabotage the teams best chance at a superbowl in years. what a dick!

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The master salesman that is an agent is the reason why. If you are promised tens of millions of dollars to sacrifice a year of football, and understand there is life after the NFL, you're going to take that stance.

Its such a shitty thing to do for us fans, especially a guy like Revis due to his talent, but I'd probably do the same, knowing my entire family is going to be taken care of for the next 5 generations because of 6 years of my service in the NFL.

When your family who raised you did that and is advising you to do the same, you'll do it too.

I just hope that on the business end, S&F's dying leverage will make a 11th hour deal happen so he's on the field come 9/13.

Goddamnit why this year? Fucking do this next year.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I'm not sure what threatening a holdout during a lockout year would accomplish.

4. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I won't say that until he misses a reg. season game.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Fuck how the fuck did I forget about that?

Shit, why not?

It might actually help because at least the teams would know what they are dealing with in terms of a new CBA.

6. hazmat

hazmat New Member

The thing is that whatever contract Mike T is offering i'm sure is more then suitable to make sure that no one in his family ever has to work again. If they've offered him 10 years 120 million with 50 million guaranteed for skill or injury, Revis will be a very wealthy person.

But I think Revis and F&S want a signing bonus now. They probably want Woody to cut a check right now as opposed to waiting until the 2011 season.

Whether Woody has the cash flow is meaningless. You cannot give F&S/Revis a large signing bonus. He will be holding out again in 2 years for more money. And a new salary cap in 2011 or 2012 could be a disaster for his contract.

Revis should get paid nicely but it should be rolling guarantees over the first 3/4 of the contract to prevent this bs from happening again.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread (10 Days Until MNF)

True, but he could get injured driving a car. If I was asking for $160 million and was offered $122 million I'd like to think I'd take it.

Easy for me to say looking from the outside, but I don't see anyone paying that so why waste what could be 2 years in prime years. In 2 years of no NFL activity he will not get anything close to $16 million per.

8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Agents and Family

If DR is going to be the meal ticket for his whole family for many generations he better get better financial advice than he is getting career guidance. There seems to be enough money on the table now to assure his family will be comfortable for some time. Sometimes when you let it ride the next pass come up empty.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

AJ Smith is like Al Swearengen from the best TV show ever....Deadwood.

One of my favorite lines from the show I can picture Smith saying:

" Here is my counteroffer to your counteroffer, Go Fuck Yourself"

When I first saw that show I think I laughed for 2 whole days thinking about saying that.......

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This boils down to the people Revis surrounds himself with. From his agents to his uncle they all negotiate with a sledgehammer. From the anecdotal evidence they are unreasonable negotiators and don't budge easily. Unfortunately, these are the people advising him.

They just don't look at it our way. Shit if someone hands me 120 million I am taking it without question. These guys think if they are handing me that why not ask for more.

The larger problem from what I have read and heard, F & S's players love them. So what we see as bad advice or greed, the players, their customers see otherwise.

There are a lot of top notch agents that are less abrasive and get the job done. I just wish he found them, not these bags of dicks.

I don't disagree with anything you say here. I like the nice touch putting a face to the degree of stupidity we are witnessing.

[​IMG]

#11230 Miamipuck, Sep 4, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  11. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

I fucking love that show.

12. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What is their client list, do they actually have clients making money? How do they inspire such loyalty if they don't? (the only guys I remember on the list were the ex-Jets we had a problem with, Baker and Kendall I think).

And why isn't the media pushing the agent angle more? Are they just too lazy to realize Revis and V-Jax are represented by the same morons? The only place I've ever heard the common denominator brought up has been here.

13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Only problem with that is Mevis has 3 years on a contract and the Jets are going to hold him to it. After this greedy bullshit and spitting in the Jets face at $120M the Jets are not going to all of a sudden get generous, and no team will take a risk paying more than that for a guy that's been out of the league for 1 or 2 years plus throwing in players/picks in a trade. This is career suicide pure and simple. What a stupid, stupid person.

He thought the Jets could never go on without him, he couldn't have been more wrong.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The Official Home of Feinsod and Schwartz- CuntMuscle.com

Player Name Position Team
    Chris Baker TE Seahawks
    Marquez Branson TE Broncos
    Marques Douglas DL Dolphins
    Tyronne Green OL Chargers
    Justin Harper WR Ravens
    David Herron LB Chiefs
    Montrae Holland OL Cowboys
    Vincent Jackson WR Chargers
    Manny Lawson LB 49ers
    Clinton McDonald DL Bengals
    Mewelde Moore RB Steelers
    Marques Murrell LB Patriots
    Darrelle Revis DB Jets
    Sean Ryan TE Titans
    John Skelton QB Cardinals
    Shaun Smith DL Chiefs
    Reggie Stephens OL Bengals
    Robert Turner OL Jets
    Travelle Wharton OL Panthers
    Roddy White WR Falcons
    Tony Wragge OL 49ers

15. Kenny

Kenny New Member

To say he is getting handed 120 mill is not accurate. It's a 10 year contract how much do you think he will see of that 120 mill even if he played extremely well? half of it? if he is lucky. At the end of his contract unless h is playing at a very high level he will get cut or be forced to reduce his salary. Look at T.j Housh 5 years 40 mill how much do you think he saw of that money? a quater of it? Coles 4-28 the next year he is cut. Bryant only saw 7 mill of the 28 mill he signed for..

Of course he wants a large signing bonus thats going directly in his pocket, if Antonio Bryant didn't get a signing bonus you could of threw that contract out the window since he would of recieved squat.

12 million dollars is a very good contract but when you see a guy like Dunta Robinson get 10 mill and Joe haden get 10 mill. One who isn't near the level of Revis and the other hasn't stepped foot in the nfl you can see why he wants 15 mill.

All people say is he has 3 years left on his contract this years 1 mill the next is 5 mil option then a 15 mill option.. So basically it's 2 years left since that 3rd year he will be recieving the 15 mill he wants if they would pick that up. When you count that this is a uncapped year that also works in revis favor I believe.

16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Someone answer this: If Revis never plays, what happens to his contract? Does he sit 3 years and become a FA or do the Jets have his rights forever?

17. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

What is Roddy White's contract situation? The Falcons might be next. Other than him and maybe Manny Lawson (I think he's a starter?) not a very impressive list.

18. hazmat

hazmat New Member

They had him hold out last year. I know, shocking. They got him a big contract.

19. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Jets own his balls in a jar on their top shelf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.