17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You can walk in with food and drink.

Food has to be in a clear plastic bag. A guy at the Eagles Concert walked in with two gigantic subs and a bag of chips, no problem. They ate them right in the concourse in full view of security and vendors.

Beverages are a little different now than before, I think. Plastic non-alcoholic beverage bottles are allowed, but I think they want to take the cap off now. Used to be they would let you in with the water bottle open. Or if it was closed, they would open it and throw away the top. Now (I think), they want to see the cap on the bottle and THEY take it off and again, throw it away. Somebody told me they had an open bottle of water and they made them throw it away. Probably to prevent people smuggling in booze (aka Pepsi with Jack). So, if you have water and they do this, it's still no problem putting a cap on it after they throw away the cap. Just bring some spare caps from home in your pocket, then put it on after they throw away the cap.

I could be wrong, but this is what I saw at the Eagles Concert. Could be different for the games.

2. Section 227. Row 5

What the hell. I just found this under FAQ on the New Meadowlands Stadium website, so now I'm not so sure:

Q: Are there any items that are not permitted inside the stadium?

A: In accordance with the NFL's Best Practices, all items are subject to search prior to entering the building. Items that are not permitted in the building include: animals, video cameras, 200mm or greater zoom lenses for camera, food and beverages from outside the stadium, non-ticketed patrons (including children), noise making devices, radios, skateboards, solicitation materials, umbrellas, weapons, and any other items stadium officials deem inappropriate.

3. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

In the booklet that came with the season tickets it says that you can bring in only a water bottle unopened and food in a clear plastic bag

4. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Rich people suck!

5. MaMaJet

MaMaJet New Member

I have always brought in food in a clear plastic bag as I have two kids on dietary restrictions due to a medical condition. We brought in chip/crackers/goldfish at the Giants game and no one said a word. We also bring in water - and extra caps. Actually when we bought water the guy left the caps on.

I also find they check everything in the bag if my husband has it and kind of glance at it if me or the kids carry it.

6. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Gotcha. I was hoping someone would try this for the game friday and let me know, Since i'm not going to make it.

7. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Think they would let me keep my cap on my beer if my son was holding it? :beer:

Why have I not thought of this before.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that would be a shame. although i would never put it past the nfl to screw the fans.

9. basketballjones72

basketballjones72 New Member

When I was a kid my Dad would hang the binoculars around his neck when we headed into the stadium for a Jets game and I would have the binocular case around my neck with the flask in it. True Story....maybe that's why I feel like a drink right now.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

11. championjets69

Thanks for giving me wiggle room to back track but I knew I had read it but as time goes by it takes Google longer to find it

http://www.jetkingdom.com/fans/jake/all_news/20050

12. Section 227. Row 5

Your link says, "We’re sorry, but that page doesn’t exist…"

13. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

the link says
    "sorry but your full of shit"

14. championjets69

Home
    Forums
    Information Booth
    Jet Links
    Photo Gallery

Jets & Giants to Build in Jersey
    — filed under: Jets, Stadium

All the rumors of the last few days are now official. The New York Jets and the New York Giants are going into a 50/50 partnership to build a brand new stadium in the Meadowlands complex.
    Jets & Giants to Build in Jersey

Jets Agree to Stadium Deal in New Jersey EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -

The New York Jets and the Giants today announced they will come together in a historic 50-50 partnership to build a new stadium next door to Giants Stadium that both teams will call home.

The teams, which have committed to playing in New Jersey for the next 99 years, and the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority hope the stadium will be ready for the 2009 NFL season.

"Today is a great day for New Jersey, a great day for the Giants and for the Jets, and a great day for sports fans everywhere," acting Governor Richard Codey, who was instrumental in brokering the agreement between the teams, said at a news conference in Giants Stadium. "I am proud to announce that we have come to a historic agreement to keep the Giants and the Jets where they belong - in a new world-class, state-of-the-art stadium right here in the Meadowlands.

"The agreement we have reached today is the first two-team partnership in the history of the NFL. The Giants and the Jets have committed to stay in New Jersey, and remain in this great new home, for the next 99 years."

The new stadium will be located between the current stadium and the Meadowlands Racetrack. Both teams have submitted proposals for what the stadium should include. Representatives of the two teams will now work to create the final design.

The stadium will be the centerpiece of the nation's best sports and entertainment complex. Jets and Giants fans will experience a state-of-the-art facility that will feature new fan amenities, better sightlines, wider concourses, and more concessions. The new stadium and the ancillary development will provide fans with unparalleled opportunities on game days and throughout the year.

The Jets and Giants - not the NJSEA - will manage the stadium.

The stadium is expected to seat approximately 80,000 fans. Current plans do not include a retractable dome, through the stadium is expected to be built "roof ready" so a dome can be added at a later date. The Jets were represented at the news conference by Chairman and CEO Woody Johnson and President Jay Cross.

"The New York Jets are very enthusiastic to be here in New Jersey," Johnson said, "and to join in an effort to build a world-class stadium with the New York Giants. This hopefully will be a great partnership for many years."

Mr. Johnson and Mr. Cross have spent long hours negotiating with the state, the NJSEA and the Giants to reach this agreement. "The Giants are very pleased to enter into this partnership with the New York Jets," said John Mara, the team's executive vice president and chief operating officer. "We think if we pool the respective talents in out organizations, we can create the premier football stadium and entertainment complex in the NFL.

"This is an exciting day for the fans of both the Jets and the Giants. I think both sets of fans can look forward to enjoying rooting for their teams in what will surely become the best stadium in the NFL."

"It's really been a great experience for me and my family and John Mara and his family," Tisch said. "I think not only will the fans of both teams benefit, the citizens of New Jersey and the National Football League, but in working with the Jets with one common goal, the definition of teamwork is going to be re-defined. John Mara and I look forward to beginning a great, long-lasting relationship with (the Jets) and to design and create and build a stadium of the future in the state of New Jersey."

As part of the agreement, the NJSEA has agreed to acquire sites for both teams to build new state-of-the art training complexes in New Jersey. The Jets, who have long had their headquarters at Hofstra University on Long Island, will move to New Jersey full-time. "We're very happy with the commitment by the state of New Jersey to find practice facility sites for both teams," said Cross. "Speaking for the New York Jets, we can't wait to get started on our practice facility. We're looking forward to moving across the river and finally getting into a state-of-the-art facility."

The Giants' facility will be located near the stadium in the Meadowlands complex. Since Giants Stadium opened in 1976, the Giants have had a practice field adjacent to the stadium. Mara was asked if it would be inconvenient for the team to work a little further away than it is accustomed to doing.

"I don't think it will be a major inconvenience," Mara said. "We'd like to stay somewhere on the complex. We've identified an area on the complex we think will be acceptable."

The teams must now take their separate ideas and meld them into a shared vision for the stadium they will share for decades to come.

"Today, we agreed to start a dialog creatively and functionally," Tisch said. "We will go forward with a tremendous amount of commitment and goodwill and we are going to work out all the issues. There is tremendous enthusiasm by both teams to pursue this thing as a team. We're going to bring a tremendous amount of creative talent together, and we're going to create a design that we're going to be proud of, and want to live with for a long, long time."

15. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

this is what your going on??? an article written when the agreement was made to build the stadium.

lots of "proposals" have been altered or shot down since then. and i have not heard 1 word about this ever.

this does not hold up in a court of messageboarding.case dismissed

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Sounds dumb but I just emailed my Rep/Sales Manager about this issue.

His response-

"Correct, it was built so a roof could be added if ever needed/wanted. Reason it wasn’t originally was the $400 million additional it would have cost."

17. championjets69

Whatever just not man enough to say that you were incorrect. Also who appointed you a TGG traffic cop & can say what is right or wrong?

18. championjets69

Thanks for the support

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

A follow up, if we were to add the dome, it would cost at least $400 million, so I haven't been following this discussion but that seems like a lot to add a roof.

20. championjets69

Yep & I am surmising that if/when they decide to do that they will clip the fans with another PSL for the "improvement" like the Bears & Pack did when they upgraded there stadiums