The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Gator

Gator Active Member

Still think Parcells was the better coach. Yeah, BB had three to Parcells two, but he did it with a HOF QB. Lets see Brady get injured and BB win the Super Bowl with his backup, like PArcells did with Hostetler when Simms got hurt. Then when Hostetler signed the big deal with the Raiders he was awful. Simms wasn't a HOFer either. Look at Shanahan. Won two Super Bowls with a HOF QB and when he retired the team started out 0-4 the next year. Parcells and Gibbs are two of the best. Gibbs won with Rypien, Williams and Theisman. Lets see Belichick do that.

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Not just with Jet goggles and I don't want to start a debate but I truly believe that BB cheated.

3. Gator

Gator Active Member

Great defensive mind though. I learned that in January of 99 when he called the best game I ever saw in Denver. There wasn't a person west of the Mississippi that didn't think Denver would have 21 points in the first half. They were undefeated at home that year....and they were shut out at halftime. Jets got altituded out that day. There were things that you didn't see on TV...like Keyshawn taking off his helmet and gasping for breath during a TV timeout in the second half. Parcells shouldda had them practice in the Himilayas that week.

4. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I loooove our FO. Tanny, Rex, and Woody just seem like awesome guys.

Hard Knocks is amazing.

5. snipes824

snipes824 Member

when does hard knocks come on demand? i figured it would be on the next day but i guess not.

6. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

got a friend from kenya who never watched football but is now a jet fan because of hard knocks. loves rex.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sadly no. He just didn't know football at all. I would have rather him ask if he was in the SB or not.
    Hahahahahahahaha. Thankfully most people I know are knowledgeable about their team.

I did have a debate with a couple of Cowboy fans recently about which Center was better. They did concede Mangold was better after a while.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Yep..he was. Pretty weird 4some. It was actually 5 but I couldnt make out the 5th guy all the way to the our left.

Woody, Rex, Tanny and.....Braylon Edwards.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Too bad you were not in the Middle East at the time. Having a Cowboy fan admit another teams player is better is akin to the Red Sea parting. It would have been cool to see the water separate.

10. Danny@ATL

Danny@ATL New Member

"This is by far the best season of Hard Knocks." and this is from a friend of mine who is a Chiefs fan... who had hard knocks a few years ago.

I've also gotten a few epic beard comments about Braylon. Being one of the ONLY Jet's fans in Atlanta I take pride in my team and love the recognition.

EDIT: I'm also looking for a cheap asian made Mangold white Jersey to wear to the only Jet bar in Atlanta and the one Falcons game I'm going to this year (Bengals [go Falcos])

11. Forum7200

Forum7200 Member

It is next day, was on for me

12. kid_b

kid_b New Member

Do we know if this gonna be released on DVD? I don't think the Bengals got a DVD release. But HBO has been raving about the ratings, so...

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They are from NYC which may help. But they never admitted he was better, the just got quiet about it and changed the subject. That's all I needed to know I won.

They're close friends of mine so I don't feel like trashing Gurode. He's a damn good center. He's just not Nick Mangold.

14. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

anyone know why Woody was standing up for Clowney so much? Good dick?

15. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

probably the same reason people here think he can be an adequate nfl receiver.

in the preseason he has absolutely blown it up by simply blowing by tc fodder. so naturally everyone thinks he must be a super star in the making. But it really sounds like he doesnt care enough about the ST aspect, which is going to be his demise.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Living in Cowboy country, I understand what a monumental task something like that can be. Half of the ones I talk to out here heard Roy Williams' idiot comment the other day and the next thing I knew I was inundated with '98 Vikings comparisons.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Woody is a philanthropist, he probably really liked what the Clown did in Ghana this year.

18. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Hopefully like genital herpes :smile:

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I despise Belichick, but I'll admit I love that he openly despises the media. It was the thing I liked about Barry Bonds too. F the media.

That said, F both Belichick and Bonds.

This was the first thought I had when I saw that clip. He likes Clowney as a person (specifically because Clowney is very willing to do charity work) and he wants to keep him around.

20. Boba Jett

Boba Jett Member

See to me it looks much more like he's hamming it up for Hard Knocks then anything else. Just by the things he says you can tell he barely knows what's going on half the time. Then that whole handshake thing in the tunnel just seemed like an awkward thing he tought would look good on the camera. I really think he's nowhere near as involved as he's trying to make out.