Jets @ carolina

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa, Aug 20, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Dont blame Sanchez fully, the o line played bad. Shonne Greene felt that to, couldnt find a single hole cuz their were none.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Whichever way you meant it, I agree completely. I was just saying if there was anything close, it would be painful.

3. Al Dorow

Al Dorow Banned

You just totally proved my point. Although, you're apparently not bright enough to know why. Good show!! :)

4. TexasJetFan

TexasJetFan New Member

How did LT look tonight? I know his touches were limited but just wanted to get a feel on his progress.

5. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

He looks fast. I really didn't expect him to look so fresh. At this point from what I've seen, I think he's a real upgrade over Thomas Jones.

6. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's one thing playing like crap, but holy shit this offense looked awful. Not one bright spot. Let's see if they improve.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

That's the cruxt of it. They showed nothing on O. It shouldn't matter if they play 10 plays or 5, they should show something.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The o-line decided to not show up. Even Brick got burned tonight

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

sadly, the only thing you have proven is you don't even know what the same old mentality even is to be attempting to criticize it, since you are only exemplifying it. the only one not smart enough to see that is apparently you.

and if that post I quoted was sarcasm, than my post in no way proved it since it opposed it and thus we would be agreement. again, if intelligence is in question, the only one of us not bright enough to see that isn't me.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Considering it was pre-season, why did Sanchez immediately hit Richardson on that 3rd and 20 in the first quarter? It's preseason, let him fling it deep see wat happens

Maybe there was pressure on that play? I wasn't really watching the game closely at all

#90 ace_o_spades, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
  11. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Good to see ya, Al. Its been a while. How ya been doin?

Oh, and the offensive line must have had some of those bad eggs with their 48 breakfasts this morning, good god! They'll come out all pissed off next week, and it'll be all forgotten. Of course, Carolina has a damn good defense too, its like looking into a cracked mirror - not as good as the Jets D, but you can still see the same things.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

That was the defensive line that had 48 breakfasts...and they played well #50 included

13. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Cromartie put his shoulder down and made the tackle though. Wasn't pretty but he made the effort and got the job done.

14. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Found this on another site...lol

16-0 Patriots pre season 0-4
    0-16 Lions pre season 4-0

15. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

Nothing new there, the Bills went winless every preseason through the entire 4 year Superbowl run (at least I remember it that way, I'm sure either Cakes or Junc will correct it if I'm off)

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Preseason is like going to Cortland and watching the Jets practice in full pads. I'm sure when they turn the heat on Friday we'll all be excited.

For these meaningless games the offense gameplans to practice certain areas of the offense. Obviously they're still practicing some new things. Leaving Keller in more, integrating LT, and PA really needs some work.

17. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I did a little bit of research on this and it turns out that the Pats O-Line looked like dogshit the entire 2007 Preseason. Tom Brady didn't play a down either.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Doesn't matter really. The offense is going to get killed by the coaches. Still they looked fine Monday, crappy today. They had little rest, no game planning and knew for the most part that they were hardly going to play.

The next game is most important in the scheme of things. The staff challenged the 2-3's on D and they rose to the occasion. The #1's on offense will get the same.

20. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

A couple of good things weighed against mostly bad:

Gholston looked like a footbal player for the first time that I have ever seen. Holy shit. The kid made some plays.

McKnight had that nice return, should have been a TD if he had better vision and cut left away from the freakin kicker, but still... good to see.

C Washington showed why he's still here. He can run between the tackles.

Leonard was out there making plays. This kid was a steal.

The 2's on defense played much better, especially Lowery, and that was still against CAR's ones on offense.

ST's looked great, but those kind of games will be far and few between in the regular season, but still, Clowney made his presence felt.