Huge Revis slam during Pats/Falcons game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Aug 19, 2010.

1. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

Are you implying that Tom Brady left his pregnant girlfriend for this goat? Is he wearing velcro gloves in that pic?

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

There are question marks as to whether that is actually the case. I used to think that was definitely the rule, but someone posted the actual language in the CBA about that and it was very unclear.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Maybe but everybody seems to say he lost the year from an eligibility point of view (his contract). I just can't see how he loses that and keeps his NFL eligibility for his pension but it sure is possible.

4. robryan

robryan New Member

...other note. While miami is making comments to stir the pot a bit, he is not totally wrong. The victims here are football fans that might miss seeing a great player perform in his prime. Woody, Tannenbaum, they're not victims to Revis. They're out for themselves too. And Revis is not some oddity. If contracts were truly guaranteed, there would be less controversy. Generally, contracts in other sports have more guarantees automatically, even soccer contracts (keep in mind, that most soccer players are done by age 30, and rarely do 30+ year olds make meaningful contributions, like NFLers). Hopefully the next CBA can curb holdouts and give owners recourse to get money back while protecting players that live up to contracts better.

5. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I'm sorry, but I can't fault the guy for using what leverage he has and going after every nickel he believes he's due. Sure, the classy thing would be to play it out and trust what comes his way... it's also a bit naive. I mean, if it weren't for the fact that these guys make millions you would actually think Brady is crazy... I respect it, but he's made a butt-load of coin already. He or his kids are never going to want in this world.

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

How the hell is that aimed at Revis?

7. WhiteShoeWillis

Probably because Revis is one of two NFL players currently holding out.

8. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's obvious that everyone has taken the Jets side in this. The NFLPA asked Revis and his agents to keep quiet, but the damage has already been done.

9. Don

What leverage? I think he has found he has none.

10. gustoonarmy

I'm absolute garbage at 'reading between the lines'. All I see is a statement about Brady's situation and nothing that points in any way towards Revis, or anyone else.
    I think some of us Greenies are just being a tad too sensitive these days.

11. Don

You don't see the connection, seriously? I'm not saying it is Revis in particular they are talking about but they pretty plainly said "Brady could hold out, he could hold the Patriots hostage." That could be aimed at anybodythat was holding out. Revis just happens to be one that is.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

I disagree. It seems obvious to me that the announcer had Revis/Jackson in mind when they brought up holding out.

13. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Oh, Don... I think you will find he does have some... he may not have all of it, but he has enough. In the end he's going to get his.

14. gustoonarmy

Like I said, I'm crap at between lines.
    Come contract talks, any player can hold out. It just so happens that Revis IS holding out. Coincidence.
    I can understand the commentator referencing player situations, but no player is named or even insinuated, its just a situation thats referenced.
    Could that comment not be aimed at others before?
    Sorry Just don't see it.

15. greenhorse

greenhorse Member

maybe revis should be like leon and earn the respect of all the posters on this site, then get hurt and kiss his life's work goodbye ..

16. Don

The question is when will the end be?

17. WhiteShoeWillis

Funny you mention that because like Leon, Revis is over valuing himself. If Leon had accepted the money the Jets offered him he would have been setup nice before breaking his leg.

I think Revis is smart for not playing without a new deal, but he's been offered a fair deal and is foolish to think he's worth what he's demanding.

18. Don

There are no contract talks. Revis has a contract. Brady and Manning do too. Brady and Manning are still honoring theirs'. Revis isn't.

19. ........

........ Trolls

There are no contract talks? Where have you been?

All 3 of those players have been having contract talks. Brady and Manning are content to play while things get worked out. Revis isn't. Brady and Manning are making great money on post-rookie deal contracts. Revis isn't. Brady and Manning have realistic expectations as to their value and know their teams will match them. Revis doesn't.

20. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if an agreement isn't reached until the week before the first game. They will drag this all the way out I believe. I'm not too worried about it.. he'll ramp up and get back in the swing of things quick.