Huge Revis slam during Pats/Falcons game

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Aug 19, 2010.

1. ........

........ Trolls

Right. THAT'S what his hold out was about. It didn't have anything to do with a difference of years on the contract.

Brady turned down a raise after his first season on the bench so he could get a chance at a big contract and starting. That's hardly "just happy to be here."

He also wasn't nearly the player coming off that Super Bowl victory that Revis is at his position, and yet that's exactly how he was paid.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

OP: hearing the announcers describe the tom brady situation (for the better of NE) felt like a slap in my face being a huge revis fan. Can't help it. I'm SLOWLY starting to hate revis. I'm truely sick about it.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Good, hopefully Revis saw it and got pissed. Maybe he'll sign for less money to spite Brady and take his soul on the field.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Maybe revis just realllllly hates training camp and will sign a few days before the season starts. Nah probably not, but I'm trying to stay optimistic. Also, I think revis' agent has a play in this when comparing it to Brady.

5. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Hate to say it but Tom Brady makes Revis look like a selfish asshole. No one can even try to defend Revis. Hes holding out and he's making this whole situation drag on more than it should have. And for what just so he can say he's the highest paid cb in the game. It's pure EGO. The media has and still praises tom brady (rightfully so) and you dont see him holding out. Character goes a long way.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Revis Brett Favre Christ!!!!!!!!!

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

blah blah blah.... so much hate.

dont blame revis because the league is screwed up and the team doesnt have to honor contracts but players do.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I disagree. Darrelle Revis makes Darrelle Revis look like a selfish asshole.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

What team doesn't pay the player within the framework of a contract? What team doesn't honor contracts?

You do know the difference between guaranteed contracts and non guaranteed contracts?

You do know cutting players under contract is perfectly legal and binding within the framework of an NFL contract?

Nah why let facts get in the way ..........

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yeah, seriously, nothing in here is related to Revis. It's about Tom Fucking Brady's contract. Oh wait, we have a player wanting a new contract so EVERY contract talk in the NFL becomes Jets related.

11. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Did Tom Brady's dad also teach him to ditch his pregnant girlfriend and dress like this?
    [​IMG]

12. ColoradoJets

ColoradoJets Member

You suck Revis! You're becoming a legendary a-hole instead of a legendary football player. I'm sick of this guy and anyone else who thinks 100 MILLION DOLLARS is a slap in the face. Oh wait, $120M.

Ok, I feel a little better. Sorry.

13. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

he knows nothing.

He's TGGs homeless man who just spews nonsense to his diseased cat as passers by say, "Do you know football?"

He's a troll at this point.

14. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Why would somebody raise their own child to be a slave to the man.

The Jets have the option of terminating the contracts of any of their players. The players all have the option of effectively terminating their contracts by refusing to live with them. If the people of the world were all hung up on honoring contracts, we'd all still be working 18 hour days in sweatshop conditions.

Revis is vastly undercompensated and he's standing up for himself. The day I hear of even one single business continuing to honor the contract of an employee who's no longer performing up to their expectations because it's the right thing to do, I'll start to consider the idea that Revis should be taking whatever Woody Johnson is good enough to pay him for being the best defensive player in football. Until then, unless Brady's pop wants to make up the 14 million difference, I've got to support Revis.

15. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen Member

No one is saying he doesnt deserve more. What everyone is freaking confused about is why Darrelle Revis wants to compensated more than elite Quarterbacks.

He is making unreasonable demands and nobody can say otherwise

And can he pick a different season to do this? The Jets would be a better team with him, and have better chances at the big dance.

I hope the Jets don't give in, and just stop negotiations until the scumbag agents and client change their minds

#35 IWillPeeGreen, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  16. husky71

husky71 New Member

He has to return by week 10 in order to get playing credit for the season and credit towards his pension. If he sits out for the season, next season he will still be in the same situation as far as time left on his existing contract. Whoever is giving him advise isn't going to lose any money if he holds out, only Revis will.

As a Patriots fan, I'd like to see the teams play each other with the best players they have on the field. I'd really like to see Revis in a JETS uniform on September 19th when the Patriots travel to NJ. It's only fair to fans of both teams to win or lose a game against the best your opponent has to offer.

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Slaves don't get paid $120 million over 10 years.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

It really is absurd that Brady is only making 6.5 mil this year. Not sure what Manning is making but probably a lot more. Point is both are in camp and playing. "Probably" they will get new deals before the season starts but there is no guarantee. When you see thing like that (and Mangold and Harris as already pointed out) it really does make you even more pissed at Revis.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He has already lost that. He lost it when he didn't report by August 10th. This is an uncapped year. All rules change. He has nothing at all to lose by sitting out the year except that 1.9 mil base.

20. robryan

robryan New Member

Its simply a case of Revis and his team misreading their advantage in the game vs. the Jets management. They saw an opening, and went for it. They did not consider the Jets might be willing to continue without him. But perhaps as importantly, they did not consider the minutiae of the rules of an uncapped season (30 percent, ability to only guarantee either for skill OR injury, etc) or the cloud of a lockout. He'll probably come out and play for a contract set up similar to Brick (with a little extra for insurance against injury, etc) for 12-14 mill a year. Holding out, with a lockout possible and the loss of a year of service is really dangerous, and I am sure he knows it. But what do I know? Hubris is a funny thing. You do really dumb things sometimes. So basically see your local psychic. Their guess is as good as anyone not in Revis' camp.