TV delays in new Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jaybny, Aug 17, 2010.

1. IATA

IATA Trolls

Yep. Most stadiums have 2 different camara crews, on site and network.

2. Modern Day Jesus

Modern Day Jesus New Member

At one point I heard "and that is a Jets first down" before it happened on the TV. Slightly depressing...

3. jaybny

jaybny Banned

there is no excuse - they talked up the "fan experience" .. the ability to watch the games live while in line.. is a must!

btw... the pork sandwiches were pretty amazing!

also - 1 side of the stadium is basically all blue, even for jets games (by parking lot A) ... kinda sux.

4. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

I was annoyed by the delay at first, but it actually, there's one benefit to it. The crowd reaction tells you whether something great or significant happens. Generally, if you're in the corridors, it's because you're heading somewhere and you never get there if you have to stop and wait 30 seconds for the play to run.

I was taking a tour of the place in the 2nd half, and was able to cover ground and if I heard a big reaction, I knew it was worth heading to the nearest TV to check it out.

The Winston Hill debacle, however, was inexcusable. Should've had Tannenbaum or Woody get up there first and make sure the thing was working.

5. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Somewhere in the second quarter the PA system wasn't working. Then the Winston Hill debacle occurred.

Preseason for the stadium staff as well.

Let's hope they get it fixed before opening day.

6. Hoboken Jet

Hoboken Jet Member

On a separate note from the TV's, anyone notice on their cell phones that you had full "bars" but were unable to make a call or send a text from your seats? If you walked into the corridors, it was no issue...anyone know if they were jamming signals inside the stadium? I have verizon service...and verizon is a sponsor...but I don't put anything past Woody...

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

I doubt it. I've had issues at Rogers Centre where the lines were just jammed with too many calls.

8. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

YES!!!!! I recieved my messages after I left the stadium. I kept staring at the Verizon sign and wondered why my Verizon phone wasn't working correctly.

Maybe they don't want us to tweet/post/blog while we are watching the game.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Ya think they may have thought about that when they built an 80,000 seat stadium with a cell phone company as a corporate sponsor.

"Welcome to the Verizon Corner" Please refrain from using your cellular device due to the high volume of calls.

Fail!

10. jaybny

jaybny Banned

fail fail fail... name the fucking stadium and tear down all the ads. psl's or ads.. pick one.. j&j bastards

:)

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

Who gets up during a football game to stand on a concession line? Either get your food before the game or at halftime.

The answer to my 1st question is people who don't care enough about the game. now pre-season I can understand getting up but regular season you should never be on food lines during the game.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

next time the psl nazi squad calls you to buy a psl, tell them as soon as the tv's are fixed to call back.

13. IATA

IATA Trolls

TV's aren't broken.

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Wait people are complaining about watching the tv during a concession break? gtfo

just be happy that you get to even go to the game lol, you guys are way to bitchy and greedy no offence

15. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I know. If you wanna watch it on the TVs, why bother going to the game? Yeah, you need to watch it on TV when u're getting some snacks or drinks, but its not like you'd be there for a quarter to get the stuff.