The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Too many letters.

And what happened to shipping him to Detroit? I liked that one better than Oakland.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

HK brosephine, not HN..:breakdance:

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

give us suh, best and 2 first rounders and we'll think about it

4. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Ha.

Didn't even catch it.

That's what happens when you watch a four hour Lions' preseason game.

5. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

lol. give your 2011/2012/2013/2014/2015 2nd round picks for Revis. Dont want any of that top ten first round draft choices.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Oh no, we definitely want those top 10 picks moving forward. With the rookie wage scale those are going to go back to being the best value available to suddenly improve your team in a cost-effective way.

I'm hoping that if the Jets and Revis hit the ultimate impasse that they find a way to deal him for a couple of firsts before everybody tumbles to the fact that those firsts are about to go WAY up in value.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i forgot about the rookie cap hopefully being true in the future.

8. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

id rather have revis than a couple unproven college players.

9. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

that's crazy talk

[​IMG]

10. Br4d

So would I. It remains to be seen whether or not Revis will cooperate in making that happen or whether he has decided to force the Jets hand so he gets his absolute best deal somewhere else.

If he's already checked out and we're just waiting to see where he lands I want a couple of high draft choices for him. No team is going to give up an established star for him and that leaves picks as the best compensation.

Just think, we get two high firsts and we'll still be talking about the Darrelle Revis trade in threads as long as this one for years to come.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I really hope that if a deal cannot be reached the Jets do not cave in and trade Revis. Let him sit the entire season with a lockout looming. Trading him will only justify the ridiculous holdout and his agents, it will send out the wrong message.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread ($40 million apart)

There is no way he will be traded. I've asked every Jet beat writer and they've all said that repeatedly.

13. JerseyJet27

JerseyJet27 Member

I joke when i write that. In all honesty we all know the guarenteed money is the issue here. I am not on Revis side with his contract demands but if the jets are only guarenteeing 5 mil of his 12 the first year from what i have read that is rediculous. The guy deserves his guarenteed money, atleast half of the 120 mil, but in no way deserves to be paid 160 mil. Gordon Gecko would "pay dat man his money".

14. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Revis will sign soon my magic 8 ball and 8 pints of heineken just told me so!!

15. Br4d

I believe this is because the Jets have gone out of their way so far not to offend Revis. They don't want a bridge-burning situation on their hands at this point because it would reduce their ability to get value for Revis in a deal if it came to that. So the public message they're putting out is 99% no-trade with the only slipup being Tannenbaum admitting that the Jets had discussed the possibility of trading Revis and decided not to, followed by a statement that there was definitely not going to be a trade. That's what the writers are all following at this point.

My guess is that the Jets have had a lot of internal discussions at this point about how they would go about trading Revis and to whom and for what. They'd be derelict in their competitive responsibilities if they had not.

I'm probably 99.9% sure they haven't actually talked to anybody else in the NFL about trading Revis because a split-second after they do that the news will filter out somehow and their #1 priority of trying to re-sign Revis will begin to fall prey to the bridge-burning flames and more public acrimony.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Because Detroit is not quite the wasteland that Oakland is...plus is he pining for a deal that only Al Davis can give.

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I'd be shocked if they traded him.

I think the F.O. would be far more likely to let him sit than move him at this point.

It would be a treat to see what the next tactic is....If anything that Tanny let out on HBO is close to true, if you're the Jets at this point the only thing you can do is start removing offers.

18. Capt. Ace Nick

The theme of the thread is off topic now. Can one of the mods close this thread and start a new one? It's kinda brutal to read with so many off topics issue thrown in.

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Well, with both sides agreeing to be quiet about the situation, we probably won't hear anything until a deal gets done or is close to done. So there really isn't much to talk about

20. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Why not? If I am Mr. T I'd rather hold Revis than trade him for college players. If Revis is so great that they would be willing to pay him Aso money, wouldn't you think that they would be willing to trade a star in return in order to cut salary to make room for paying for the world's best cornerback?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.