The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on don't let that obvious troll derail a 4000 post thread. lol

2. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

Analysis from the NYT
    Few Guarantees for Revis, and That’s the Problem

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

someone needs to put that in their signature. either way it will be humorous. if the jets win he looks like well the assman, if the jets dont make the playoffs then he is correct.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

5. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I hope we hear nothing new about this until a deal is finally reached. I'm glad the so called "truce" was announced. Granted, I like reading about this contract stuff, but I'd rather it be this way for our own sanity.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Yes, most know about Schwartz's tactics, it's been well documented.
    Especially after that V.Jax shit. yuuuk.

and ftr, I rewatched the clip and there is no way he was talking about Revis being a person, don't know why I thought that.
    It was part of the same phone conversation but for some reason I seperated the 2 since he said it after he hung up the phone...

I didn't even think of that
    Here's where I'll disagree.

While I do already have a predisposition against Woody,the only way you can totally dismiss that he may have come off as a prick is if you've already sided so much with the prick.

He sat there and showed absolutely no emotion while Mike T was trying to convey that the agent was a "person".

7. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I just can't wait for the day when I wake up and see REVIS SIGNED!!!!!!! in bold front page news. Just hoping it comes sooner than later.

8. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

wow, great examples, except authors get royalties and actors get profit participation, so they do get paid more if their work makes more money, maybe revis should ask for 10% of the Jet's gross income from this season.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jesus, Woody would have a stroke.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Revis will not sign the 10 years $120 mil contract. I have a feeling they will end up around $130 mil. If Revis camp was to accept $120, they would have done so already. It will hurt their ego if they accept it now, after so much negative talks around the league. The deal will be done before October.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I think you meant net income. Gross income is income minus cost of goods sold. 10% of gross income would probably range around a billion dollars and thats a pessimistic guess. Tickets to the 10 home games alone would be around $300 mils. Add the parking income, and the concession stand sales and you are looking at half a billion right there, and we haven't even reached the advertising income yet. The cost of these sales? Immaterial. Tickets cost nothing as far as costs of goods sold is concerned, so thats a 300 mil gross income right there.

12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

13. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

Your math sucks.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_New-York-Jets_304841.html

Revenue $227 mil
    Operating Income $24.3 mil
    Player Expenses $141 mil
    Gate Receipts $56 mil

So close to a billion............

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2009/30/football-values-09_NFL-Team-Valuations_Revenue.html
    #1 in the NFL is the Skins at $345 mil, Jets are 21st.

14. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

at this point im all but given up on revis playing this year. hopefully wilson can fill in nicely. i just hope when he messes up(which its going to happen) it doesnt cost us the game and also ppl remember he is a rookie and the the position he was thrown into and we dont come down on him super hard come regular season

15. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

I'm headed to the Caribbean for the week. It'd sure be nice to come back and see this done.

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

A proctologist I see?

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

He'll be there... don't worry man. There is no way Revis will sit for the year especially with the likely lockout next season. That would be two full seasons of football. Look at the impact that had on Mike Vick who was arguably a much better athlete then Revis. He'd still be under contract for the Jets and his value would be at an all-time low. He's not getting traded anytime soon so at some point he'll have no choice but to show up. The guy has an ego and keeps hearing how he is the best CB in football, that leads me to believe he'll be fine even if he shows up a week before our 1st game just on the fact that I'm sure he's worked out, plus he was at OTA's even if he faked a headache.

#3557 Barry the Baptist, Aug 14, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
  18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

I'm really worried that Revis does sign a 10 year deal with a big signing bonus and then pulls this shit again in 3 years. Maybe Tanny can put in a clause that provides a big signing bonus only if Revis dumps his current agents. That would be a great example of both sides compromising....the Jets give up the big signing bonus and Revis dumps his douchebag agents. Win-win baby!

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think they have TV and even sports news in the caribbean.

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So this is what I thought but somebody here said signing bonuses get allocated in future years against the cap. I forget who said it but maybe somebody can clear it up.

"a signing bonus does not apply to the reallocation rule.

So, the Jets could just give Revis a sizable signing bonus, in the $25 million to $30 million range. The team would not even need to pay Revis with a giant Publishers Clearinghouse-type check for the full amount. They could defer payments, spread over four, five, six years or beyond."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.