The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

* A CONTRACT = thats what you agreed to be paid. Or was that original contact just for if Beavis played mediocre football ?

2. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Really why all the venom over a name..... Name Stealer. :ANGER:

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I take my mocking very seriously.

4. Coach K

Coach K New Member

fuck that MB so you think Revis would make us 4-0 instead of 0-4?

lol added this after i finished typing it ended up being a tangent. not directed at you that post just got me thinking.

i think the Jets are taking the perfect stance. theyre trying to do right by him but by no means will they perform financial fellatio and grab their ankles for Neil Schwartz.

if were 0-4 we have a gaping hole at LG, an injury in the backfield, and Wilson getting torched.

translation: Revis wouldnt fix that, wed have talk of far larger problems than missing Revis.

I love Revis to death, hell I handpicked him as my top prospect I wanted as a Jet the year he was drafted.

that being said. fuck a penny over 12 mil a year. im just a fan but thats how i feel.

also as dumb as the "trade him or fuck him" crap goin around theres alot of people acting as if football cant exist without the guy.

nobody should blame the guy for trying to maxmize his earnings at the peak of his career. its the manner hes gone about doing it, and the timing (if this were STL or CLE nobody would care), and finally, its his 2nd holdout in 3 years. lets keep that in perspective.

theres plenty of reason for people to be frustrated. but theres plenty of reason for Revis to be paid. that being said Im a Jets fan over a Revis fan and until i hear for sure reports of lowballing I believe hes been treated fairly up to this point.

my guess is they started at 7 to 9 mil a year Revis drew the line in the sand off the bat and Tanny and co. final offer was 12 mil a year.

this is all bs speculation along with 90 percent of this thread but I'm just starting to tire of peoples perception that Revis is the one with all the leverage when hes simply not.

/rant

5. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

People need to understand, next year the Jets have to re-sign Mangold, Harris, Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes and Cromartie. Revis wanting 160 mil over 10 years is ridiculous for his position and just because some crazy old man in Oakland made one of the worst deals in NFL history shouldn't make it the bench mark.

12 mil a year is around 4 mil better than anyone else in the league except for Aso. So ask yourself do you want a team next season or do you just want Revis?? People forget before Rex came to town the Jets were 29th in pass defense with REVIS on the team. Its not just one player, its the coach and the entire unit that make a defense!!!!!!

6. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

+1

IMO - We shouldn't sign Revis if it means destroying our ability to sign Mangold, Harris & Holmes. I would rather we not sign Revis and be able to sign those 3 guys.

7. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

What people really need to understand is, we're not re-signing all of those guys. Period. Mangold and Harris are top priority, Edwards/Holmes/Cromartie won't all return.

8. kinggofg

kinggofg Active Member

I feel bad for Dan. I bet the conversation with scwartz went something like:
    Dan: "I don't want this to be a long protracted mess"
    Schwartz: "Don't worry the Jets aren't going to let you sit out more than a day or two"

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

dan mevis beavis revis

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

You know what's funny? How everyone is complaining about how long this thread is and how you can't get through to the information.

And then half of you make posts that add absolutely nothing to this thread. Isn't there some thread in the Bullshit forum you can talk about the right nickname for Revis?

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

this thread is going too fast for me to keep up with everything we are referring to revis as right now.

I just wanna say that mevis, beavis and any other attempt at being clever are not at all clever.

13. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

When you do the math, and look at this deal as an extention, it ends up being the current contract + 14.1 million per year over 7 years. Hopefully Finkelstein and Horowitz will use this rationale when trying to compare our offer with the one Aso received.

If so, we might be able to get away with 10 years, 133 Million.

133 million - 21 Million (current 3 year deal) = 112Mil/7year = 16mil / year.

I'm calling it right now now that this deal will close at $133 Million, give or take a few bucks for the $1.00 more than Aso factor.

14. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think they plan on ripping up his current contract. No way does he average 16 million per season over the whole deal.

15. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Dude Finkelstein and Horowitz are my lawyers and dam good ones too... I didn't realize Revis used the same ones. Man 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon to all the players on the Jets and I didn't even know it.

16. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

You're out of your mind.

17. bigcotch

bigcotch Banned

I understand they plan to rip up the current deal, but it still needs to be factored into the negotiations. Using the same logic, looking at this as an extention, the agents are basically asking for a 7 year extention at $19.85 Million per year!

18. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Exactly, we're bringing back Mangold and Harris.

Cromartie should take less money, the Jets helped him out this year by paying off his child support payments.

Holmes and or Edwards wont be here next season unless both decide to take less money. My bet is Edwards stays, and turns out to be the better reciever this season.

19. Pam

Pam TGG.com Friendliest Poster Fourpeat!!

Word.

*curtsies*

20. ........

........ Trolls

LOL. I'd love to think the poster just made an honest mistake, but...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.