The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

My guess is Revis' agents are crying about being portrayed in exactly the way they're acting.

2. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

What would you consider decent compensation?

3. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I agree that a large portion should be guaranteed. Even a record amount. But the total compensation shouldn't be a record amount, and that's what the Jets have been saying all along.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

The point is that it doesn't matter how good of a CB he is. His team is refusing to back down from 16 Million a year and no sane team would pay a CB that money long term.

5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

NYJets.com - Jets, Revis’ Reps Will Keep Contract Talks Confidential

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Jets-Revis%E2%80%99-Reps-Clear-the-Air-Will-Keep-Contract-Talks-Confidential/66b1c4b0-395a-4a3a-b115-ebb202ad444b

I translate this to mean his agents now know they are coming across badly to the public.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

7. WhiteShoeWillis

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I'm sure some sort of progress was made.....otherwise, i think you're right there, Tanny wouldn't have agreed to that....

9. FOURTHANDLONG

FOURTHANDLONG Active Member

If we start out 0-3 which is a possibility with our schedule the cry from the mob will be to loud to ignore. I don't think any Cb is worth 16 Mil but it is in the best interest of the team to sign him sooner than later. I think Revis should think more about the Revis Island endorsement money in ny and not a few million for his ego's sake.

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Exactly, if he keeps playing at this level, he'll have millions in endorsement deals.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

A shutdown CB is AWESOME !!! He is worth a boatload of money. The question is how big is that boat? Part of the reason that there are more Franchise QBs than there are Franchise CBs is b/c QB is a much more important position than CB. Thus, QBs deserve a bigger boatload than CBs.

I don't think anybody blames Revis for wanting to get paid. But he is choosing to hold out and has hired a douchbag to represent him, Schwartz has trashed our owner and then had to recant his statements, Schwartz is the person who dragged Tannenbaum out to the Roscoe Diner just to jerk Tannenbaum's chain. Revis through his agent are refusing to negotiate in good faith with the Jets. Revis needs to sit down face to face w/Mr. T And Mr. Johnson and Schwartz needs to STFU.

This isn't all that difficult if both parties are willing to be reasonable.

12. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

But what if we start 3-0? By this logic we could get a bargain on Revis

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

According to Eric Allen....it sounds like both sides have decided to cap a lid on the negotiations from here on out.....which leads me to believe....some concessions have been made and they're talking now because of it.

Like WSW alluded to....The Jets had the upper hand in the media polls.....for the Jets to relinquish that advantage doesn't benefit them in the least......

14. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

If Tanny was as desperate as he sounded on HK (drive back from Roscoe), I could imagine him doing this just as a good faith gesture.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

If the Jets start out 0-3 their are probably more holes on the team than just the LCB position. Grossly over paying for the best CB in the league does not make a shitty team great - look at Oakland. If the Jets need to fill a lot of holes they probably need to spend that money on other positions.

16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

well...I'm hoping Revis' camp starts reciprocating some of that good faith.....because after last night....they were dealt a serious blow in the "public opinion" war, IMO.

17. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Don't see it happening. But one can hope...

18. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

HBO must be hoping that Revis ends up getting back to camp before they're done filming... it would make for an epic climax to the series.

19. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I disagree.....Tanny had Revis' agents by the shnutz after that Hard Knocks episode. They must've conceded something in order for Tanny/Jets FO to put a gag order on the negotiations from here on out.

I don't buy the "good faith" theory.....I think Tanny is past that.

20. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Seriously...and on a very emotional of Hard Knock a family member returns to bring hope and balance to the world. blah blah blah

Hopefully, Revis is seeing this and realizing how much he means to the team and how well respected he is by everyone. Maybe he is telling his agents that they are making him come off as a greedy ass that is a me first guy instead of a true team player that he is.

10yr/120mil with say 35 mil guaranteed seems like a nice meeting point if he wants to be a Jet for life. What are the odds he is a $12 mil CB in his mid 30s?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.