Mark Sanchez - Leader

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xxedge72x, Aug 9, 2010.

1. bigdady67sec123

bigdady67sec123 New Member

no matter what he's still the man

2. alexwr4

alexwr4 New Member

The JEST are going to have a very strong season IMO, but not because of MS, because of your D and running game.

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I disagree... the D and the running game are what make the Jets a competitor... but Sanchez could be the difference between the Jets just being a competitor and being a prime Super Bowl contender. He's the only player on the roster who has the ability to step up enough over last year to completely shift the void left by Revis' absence. If he transforms the offense into a force it will take a ton of pressure off the defense to be as good as it was last year.

4. JayJayWorrall

JayJayWorrall New Member

I think this year Sanchez will show just how good he is. He has the Running Game to compliment and help him out. He will flourish this year and the D will be immense as ever.

Im really looking forward to this year

J-E-T-S!

5. alexwr4

alexwr4 New Member

I wont bet on Sanchez ability to step up for now, I really think Sanchez is product of being in a good talent team, in good situations. I´m not saying Sanchez is a bad player, just IMO he has the potencial to be that special QB. But for now your D and Runnig game are going to win the games.

6. alexwr4

alexwr4 New Member

By the way you should read this:

espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/16079/exepert-sides-with-henne-over-sanchez

ENJOY!

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Oh lord-

Henne - Second Year QB, learned from one of the smartest QB's ever
    Sanchez- ROOKIE, won when it counted, more specifically 2 road playoff wins.

Henne, did not come up big when it counted. This issue has been discussed thousands of times, and in a thread called "Mark Sanchez - Leader", there is really no place for this.

8. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

Sanchez has temendous talent, he threw for 413 yds in his rosebowl victory, was offensive MVP, QBed USC to a 12-1 seaon, Threw for 3207 yds thats season, and most importantly he has a winners attitude, he will lead the Jets to the promised land.

9. shadx29

shadx29 New Member

about the Henne situation

I would have loved for Pennington to come back and have played the mentor role for Sanchez
    Pennington was one of the smartest QBs and only reason he wasn't really successful was his frail body and always getting injured... his arm was another issue but with his smarts he made up for it

imagine Pennington in his prime playing with our current offensive line I think it would be insane

10. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

* Its real simple, Sanchez is a winner and winners find a way to win, with the team he has behind him expect big things from the Jets this year, with ot WITHOUT Beavis.

11. alexwr4

alexwr4 New Member

Oh lord-

Henne - Second Year QB, learned from one of the smartest QB's ever
    Sanchez- ROOKIE, won when it counted, more specifically 2 road playoff wins.
    Henne, did not come up big when it counted. This issue has been discussed thousands of times, and in a thread called "Mark Sanchez - Leader", there is really no place for this.

You are totally right the JEST as a team WON when it counted, what I disagree is IMO that Sánchez didn´t won the game by himself, it was more about your D and running game as I posted just before.....

12. Jet In Brooklyn

Jet In Brooklyn New Member

Another fucking Henne troll. Please do not derail this thread. Anyway, getting back on topic, this is where I came:

13. newhistory

newhistory Banned

take us to the promiseland sanchez!!!

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Yeah, the Jets D threw those touchdown passes to win both games and put us in the lead at halftime in the AFC Championship.

And who's this "Greatest QB of All Time" that Henne supposedly learned from?

15. KyleJo

KyleJo Banned

we will have a great D, but will only go as far as Sanchez takes us.

16. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

he didn't won the game by himself? lmao

17. MaddJettFann

MaddJettFann Banned

You are totally right the JEST as a team WON when it counted, what I disagree is IMO that Sánchez didn´t won the game by himself, it was more about your D and running game as I posted just before.....[/QUOTE]

* Winning any game is a team effort but the player who has the most to do with winning a game is the quarterback.

18. alexwr4

alexwr4 New Member

Another fucking Henne troll. Please do not derail this thread. Anyway, getting back on topic, this is where I came.....[/QUOTE]

I didn´t mention Henne at all, I just want to mark my point, IMO Sanchez has plenty of potential but he has to win games with his arm, I insist IMO the playoff run you had, was because of your D and running game (trust me i will change any good performance over the season for any win in playoffs)

19. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it will be interesting when people actually start playing defenses that arent 8 in the box stop the run defenses. mark was definitely challenged last year to throw the ball. sometimes he did very well, other times he did very poorly. this year with all the hype of the passing game being so great and this being the best wr group the jets have ever had... i would imagine the defenses will be a little more balanced.

i look forward to seeing what he can do without getting too overconfident.

20. retiredrookie

retiredrookie New Member

Sanchez will take a big step forward this year. He had a hell of a rookie year regardless of the criticism he takes.