The Official Hard Knocks Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hennessy2710, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Rex Ryan's speech at the beginning was great. I liked it so much I have changed my avatar in homage of him.

2. Benny Bing

Benny Bing New Member

Yeah, that part definitely swung my perspective against Revis side.

Revis' team are the ones that made them meet them at some bfe diner, Sopranos style for a 130 million deal. Then they declined the cameras. They are also the ones demanding "50 cents more than Aso." They suck.

3. JETSimpala

JETSimpala New Member

Anyone got a link? So I can watch this online?

4. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Epic Fail on my part. I DVR'd Hard Knocks...

On the HBO Latin channel.

Me no habla, so I had to wait up to watch the rebroadcast....

5. throwtheball

throwtheball Banned

News flash did it ever occur to you they are the good guys? Tanny said it on the ride there we are willing to make you the highest paid corner other than that one transaction (Asomagh). That means they offered in the 12-13 mill per year but Revis is being a stubborn piece of **** saying I want 16 mill per or nothing. It has nothing to due with guarantees like the Revis camp wants to spin it. They cant even talk about guarantees with Revis insisting he should get the same money Aso had to wait out his rookie contract for. I have no doubt in my mind Revis is being a greedy pig who wont shed a tear that we lost out on the Superbowl if it means he can earn one penny more.

6. Penning-10

Penning-10 New Member

"Hey LT, heres a little poop-material for ya"

7. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

+1

The episode pretty clearly showed that the Jets are willing to do as much as they can to sign Revis and he is just sitting back yanking their chain unless they agree to 16M/yr. Calling a meeting a diner to jerk somebody's chain is really a lame and unprofessional tactic that acheives nothing except to let the world know that you have no qualms about being a jackass. The Jets don't need to justify that type of BS w/a response. The car ride segments with/Mike T. were excellent.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I don't even know what to expect at this point. I think I'm comfortable with the idea of revis sitting out the season now, as retarded a plan it may be from the revis camp. Would I be happy if the jets caved and payed revis 15/16 mil a year for 10 years? Probably not, unless revis performs comparably to this past legendary season he had for the remainder of the contract (assuming he doesn't hold out again).

What would make me rage is if darrelle gets a monster contract and ends up playing mediocre football for 5 years, but I guess he'd get cut if that were true pending the CBA.

Best case scenarios for me are :
    1- he signs for 13 a year for 10 years and gets 30-40 guaranteed. This is beyond reasonable.
    2- the jets end up winning the superbowl w/out him after he gets traded for a 1st rounder in 2011 along with a very good player. Say... Terrell Suggs and a 1st? Doesn't matter hypothetical I guess.

When analyzing the Impact revis has on the team I came up with the following today:
    - revis plays defense so he can only impact 50% of the game (let's disregard ST)
    - revis not necessarily a factor in running game so that number drops to 30%.
    - he can only cover one receiver on the field (disregard zone cov), albeit the best one so lets chop that number in half to 15%
    - additions of cromartie and Wilson this season minimize the impact of losing revis. I'll cut it in half again to 7%
    - Rex built this defense around revis skillset: putting him 1 on 1 on the best wr so he can send the house and disguise blitzes prob bumps that number back up to 10-15%

I understand the numbers above sound like and probably are bullshit but it's a different perspective I can offer IMO. Is a ~12% diff in team strength worth 140 million over 10 years? I don't think so. To compare, id put Peyton manning as 30-35% difference in team ability with his presence.

I guess that why the ballpark CB contract is 2/3 to 3/4 that of an elite QB contract. Fucking Al Davis...

9. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

"Last year, hey, we were under the radar, that's a good place to be, fuck that! The best place to be is when expectations are high. Get used to it. It's always gonna be that way. And now lets go out and prove everybody right. We know we're better then you, we don't give a fuck if you know it or not. We don't give a shit if you give us your best game, we're gonna give you our best game, and we're gonna beat the fuck outta ya. How's that? Lets go get it."

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

jenkins going nuts in that goal line drill was beautiful.

11. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

is it wrong to want to watch it a 3rd time?

12. Jets FTW!!

Jets FTW!! Member

this has probably been said already but...sanchez has hands lol.....when i saw that first catch i was like O DAMN! mabe he could teach braylon how to catch haha

13. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Coach: Joe, you had a reputation for havin' a good time right?
    Broadway Joe: On the field sure, but off the field it was all work.

Good stuff

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

The Jets also let HBO ride along in the car and his agents said stay the fuck away, we don't want you here. That tends to make the story get slanted slightly too.

15. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

im pretty sure that offer to switch contracts between rex and revis was legit.

it just shows that football teams really want to make their players happy. there's only so much the jets can do. but that footage showed we need revis in the back, or sanchez is just a lot better. i dont know. we'll see soon.

16. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

He's brought a toughness this team hasn't had in as log as I can remember. They have a real identity now. "Play like a Jet".

17. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is so much like his father it's uncanny..except he smiles more. Buddy never smiled.

18. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

This Neil Schwartz guy is the same guy that made Pete Kendall do a take it or leave it offer - After they signed a brand new deal....... They also broke out the "LIES" tactic which set Mangini off with the Dorms thing - these guys are scum...

So, In many people's eyes they held the Jets hostage and derailed that season and they are looking to do the same thing again.... Just Blow the Season up.

These Douche bags will probably sit there and high five and laugh every time Brandon Marshall, Randy Moss and Boldin light up the rookie and Cromartie the 1st 3 games...

Again.. NEVER expect the Jets to sign anyone associated with these clowns ever again...

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

His stutter step when he was going full tilt and then paused, was so fucking ill, it was like time stopped.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Someone asked about the machine the guy was using.

It was a drill with a flat bit wrapped in tape. He made that thing. Great idea to loosen up your muscles.

Also, interesting pointed Namath made to Sanchez about him lowering his hands. Then, of course, HBO edits the next scene where Sanchez fumbles a ton on the goalline.