The Darrelle Revis No Longer Holding Out Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bojanglesman, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

There is really nothing else that needs to be said. If this 10 years/120 million is true, then it is plenty fair. Revis is in the middle of a lucrative rookie contract, and the Jets are still offering him the biggest contract in the NFL.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Sanchez is in no position to even say that. He's unproven still.

Regardless I don't think that's in Sanchez's nature to even say a thing like that. Shame on you

3. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That's not like Sanchez at all. Sanchez signed a very fair rookie deal almost immediately. He also said something like, "Getting into camp was the most important thing for me. There's people fighting for jobs in the real world..etc etc"

I think his father is a big influence on Mark, which is a very good thing.

4. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

No. I'd agree that total comp of about 12 million a year is approximately fair for a super corner, but you can't tell if 10/120 is fair without knowing the breakdown. If there is no signing bonus, no guaranteed money, and the cash is backloaded then the chances that he actually sees 12 million a year are pretty low. If 50% or more were guaranteed or in signing bonuses then it would be pretty fair.

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

But you can't even find out if the guaranteed part is fair unless you first agree to a fair total compensation package. It's not like the agents would be forced to accept some BS guarantee part if they agreed to the 10/120 on the condition that they work out fair bonus/guarantee money.

At that point they could make the Jets look stupid by saying - look, they only want to offer $10 million guaranteed. Then I'd say WTF Tanny.

6. ........

........ Trolls

The Darrelle Revis Holdout Thread ($40 million apart)

I agree. I love that Rex isn't afraid to use the public podium in such a brash way. Every tactic, every angle, is on the table at this point.

7. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The thing with that is that sanchez has shown he's all about winning and the team. I'm sure the day will come that he wants a huge payday but regardless of how great Revi$ is the franchise lives and dies with Mark.

8. JetRizing89

JetRizing89 Well-Known Member

they shouldnt negoiate a contract with him till he shows up

9. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That definitely plays a part in it, but the two parties could negotiate how the contract was laid out. Right now they are arguing over total compensation. The Jets offer 10/120 and Revis wants 10/160. There's no reason why Revis should deny a 10/120 as long as it was laid out properly, which there is really no reason why it wouldn't be. Revis' camp thinks 120 is too low.

And no way do they guarantee more than half of $120 million. I think $30-$40 million guaranteed would be about as high as the Jets would budge.

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Why dude? He's got a family to feed. $120 mil aint enough to feed his family.

11. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i mean 40 guaranteed is a HUGE number by nfl standards. not too many guys have gotten more. how can they not accept 10/120 with 40 guranteed?

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Are you crazy? Guaranteeing 60 million or more? Manning and Brady will never see that and you want to give it to a corner back? You must be his agent.

13. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Manish said of Revis's agent, they have our number.

The more this goes on the more I believe the Jets for some reason.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

I don't understand what that means?

15. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Darelle should recognize the realistic parameters, fire schwartz for being amatuerish and a douche, get paid a nice big bonus w/a fat new contract at around 11-12M a yr w/incentives. and get his butt into camp with his team. This deal should be wrapped up shortly in the best interests of all parties.

16. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Manish spoke to Revis's agents after the Rex comments, and he said they have our number. Meaning the Jets-

17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The reason is that we've seen very different things come up in negotiations between Tannenbaum and various Jets players. A few things are superficially similar to the Revis negotiation, like the disagreement about overall numbers with Keels and Leon, but basically Schwartz and Feinsod have had all the negotiations in which a charge of liar, liar, pants on fire have come up and all those charges have been directed by them at the Jets.

So you kind of have to believe one of three things is true:

1. Mike Tannenbaum only lies to Schwartz and Feinsod.

2. Schwartz and Feinsod have a different threshold for when a statement is a lie than other people.

3. Schwartz and Feinsod lie publicly about the things happening behind the scenes in their negotiations.

#2677 Br4d, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  18. jetsmets93

jetsmets93 Member

that what everyone has been saying for a week... i think if that was going to happen it would have already.

19. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Revis' agent Jon Feinsod gave me his reaction to Rex's proposal for whole team to be present: "They have our number." #nfl #nyj #jets

I guess he's expecting Rex/Tanny to call him.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

I would guess that Schwartz has a pretty good reputation amongst players for getting them top dollar. He always puts maximum pressure on teams with these hold outs and always gets top dollar. That's his job and he doesn't care about anything else. He's not concerned with the Jets winning or losing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.